Gallup once again in Unicornland

All the recent polls at RCP except Rasmussen have greater disapproval than approval by double digits.

And Rasmussen's approval index is -16.

In other words, all the polls show that America is finally realizing what sludge Obama is, but you single out Gallup.

Because Gallup's numbers are in relation to the others still in the outlier category. You can wrap your mind around that, right?

I seem to recall a lot of liberals getting very upset with Rasmussen a while back.

Yep, the left was constantly trashing Rasmussen prior to the last election. Now suddenly they are credible.

[MENTION=21665]Dont Taz Me Bro[/MENTION]

I never once said that Rasmussen was credible. In fact, Rasmussen's mathematical bias, based on it's 22 end polls from 2012, was 4 points to the Right. That is too much.

You can read that here:

Statistikhengst's ELECTORAL POLITICS - 2013 and beyond: The moment of truth: how did the pollsters do?

In the OP, I wrote:

While Rasmussen, hardly a left-leaning pollster, is showing our President's approval at -2/-3, Gallup is showing it at -16.

It is statistically impossible that both of these values can be correct at the same time. Even if you stretch the traditional MoE +/-3.0 out to +/-6.0, accounting for both possible directions, that still cannot account for a 13-14 point difference.

See anything in there where I said that Rasmussen was credible? Nope.

All the recent polls at RCP except Rasmussen have greater disapproval than approval by double digits.

In other words, all the polls show that America is finally realizing what sludge Obama is, but you single out Gallup.

Because Gallup's numbers are in relation to the others still in the outlier category. You can wrap your mind around that, right?

Gallup is consistently closer to the median than Rasmussen is. Rasmussen is the consistent outlier. That is, the main figure Rasmussen reports is the consistent outlier. If you look below the surface just a little you see that Rasmussen is more in line with Gallup and the rest than they initially appear.

I am a professional mathematician. Take your condescension and wrap it where the sun don't shine.

Last edited:
[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION] gallup wasn't very reliable during the last election cycle either. but you have to forgive the people who still think the polls are skewed

Fun thread. :thup:

Hey, can you drop me an @ if anybody ever actually addresses the facts? Ta.

Baby steps boop, baby steps. They have to get through the AAAAARGGHHHHH!!!, gnashing of teeth and wild flailing phase first. I bet that not one of them actually took time to read the information in the OP. Typical Right-Wing Kneejerkinesssssssss.....

Rasmussen keeps to it's recent tradition of being the consistent outlier. Things changed some months ago. When did Scott Rasmussen step down?

2014_03_03_RCP.jpg

Last edited:
Rasmussen keeps to it's recent tradition of being the consistent outlier. Things changed some months ago. When did Scott Rasmussen step down?

2014_03_03_RCP.jpg

The Gallup before showed -16, not -12, so actually, it was still the largest outlier.

4-6 points between itself and the next poll is too much. But you knew that already.

The truth invariably lies in between. You can average all the values.

Or, you can throw out the lowest and the highest and average what's left. If the average values are very close to each other, then you know that BOTH were likely outliers.

The difference between presidential or senatorial match-ups and approval/disapproval is that the one set of polls polls an intended action, while the other polls a "feeling".

But it's interesting, your hypocrisy. You seem to suddenly distrust Rasmussen, just because Ras is not showing the values you would like to see. Didn't you just accuse me of something similar earlier? Hmmmm....

That's the difference between you and me. My complaint about Gallup is about mathematically MEASUREABLE and proven errors they have already committed in the past.

You do understand the difference, right?

Last edited:
[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION] gallup wasn't very reliable during the last election cycle either. but you have to forgive the people who still think the polls are skewed

In this instance they were right! :D

I seem to recall a lot of liberals getting very upset with Rasmussen a while back. Now, Gallup is no good? Who's next? Marist? or gasp, PPP?

:eek:

Both Gallup and Rasmussen did a terrible job over the last few elections. I'm not sure what to think about approval ratings as you have nothing to measure them against like there are for electoral polls.

That is a good point. With approval rating polls there is no "election" to prove who's closest to reality. :lol:

I seem to recall a lot of liberals getting very upset with Rasmussen a while back. Now, Gallup is no good? Who's next? Marist? or gasp, PPP?

Both Gallup and Rasmussen did a terrible job over the last few elections. I'm not sure what to think about approval ratings as you have nothing to measure them against like there are for electoral polls.

That is a good point. With approval rating polls there is no "election" to prove who's closest to reality. :lol:

The Zandermussenlup poll shows the following approval ratings for Obama:

Approve= 1%
Disapprove= 99%

:eusa_boohoo:

Actually, that was really good, what you just wrote. Surprisingly good. There may yet be hope for you, Zanderopski. Not like the usual drivel you write.

Bravo.

Approve= 1%
Disapprove= 99%

You answered the butthurtinski questionaire 99 times over, what? Come on, admit it.

shows the following approval ratings for Obama:

Approve= 1%
Disapprove= 99%

You answered the butthurtinski questionaire 99 times over, what? Come on, admit it.

The Zandermussenlup poll does not disclose it's methodology. It is a trade secret. You'll just have to take our word for it.

:lol:

Approve= 1%
Disapprove= 99%

about as trustworthy as most of the info that comes from the right.

and with about as much basis in reality

Approve= 1%
Disapprove= 99%

Thanks [MENTION=3135]jillian[/MENTION]. But we conducted our poll in NYC. It was at Zucotti park.

The Zandermussenlup poll does shares an oddly eery trait with the Obama admin - we are the most transparent poll in the world!!

Last edited:

Approve= 1%
Disapprove= 99%

Thanks [MENTION=3135]jillian[/MENTION]. But we conducted our poll in NYC. It was at Zucotti park.

The Zandermussenlup poll does shares an oddly eery trait with the Obama admin - we are the most transparent poll in the world!!

ok snookie. :)

Rasmussen's numbers are outliers as well. You cannot point out Gallup as an outlier because it goes against your ideology and not also point out Rasmussen. Both are statistical anomalies relative to every other polling organization.

Forum List

Back