Gallup once again in Unicornland

All the recent polls at RCP except Rasmussen have greater disapproval than approval by double digits.

And Rasmussen's approval index is -16.

In other words, all the polls show that America is finally realizing what sludge Obama is, but you single out Gallup.

Because Gallup's numbers are in relation to the others still in the outlier category. You can wrap your mind around that, right?

Rasmussen's numbers are outliers as well. You cannot point out Gallup as an outlier because it goes against your ideology and not also point out Rasmussen. Both are statistical anomalies relative to every other polling organization.

I can, however, select a thread to concentrate on one pollster at a time, right?

Did it ever occur to you that I must just be having a similar thread coming out about Rasmussen?

You Righties jump much too quickly, much too hard, much too flailing. Learn to discern. It makes you look weak and whining. And I bet you don't want to look that way. Think about it. Learn to look at the whole picture by analyzing ONE PIECE AT A TIME.

Because Gallup's numbers are in relation to the others still in the outlier category. You can wrap your mind around that, right?

Rasmussen's numbers are outliers as well. You cannot point out Gallup as an outlier because it goes against your ideology and not also point out Rasmussen. Both are statistical anomalies relative to every other polling organization.

I can, however, select a thread to concentrate on one pollster at a time, right?

Did it ever occur to you that I must just be having a similar thread coming out about Rasmussen?

You Righties jump much too quickly, much too hard, much too flailing. Learn to discern. It makes you look weak and whining. And I bet you don't want to look that way. Think about it. Learn to look at the whole picture by analyzing ONE PIECE AT A TIME.

Ah...yeah...right. Interesting which piece you chose to look at first. It makes you look weak and biased. You lefties jump much too quickly, and ignore the obvious facts staring you right in the face. :)

Ah...yeah...right. Interesting which piece you chose to look at first. It makes you look weak and biased. You lefties jump much too quickly, and ignore the obvious facts staring you right in the face. :)

Actually, I used the random principle. I really wanted to start with Wenzel!! :)
Don't worry, I'll be getting around to all of them. But actually, with such a terrible track record as Gallup now has, it's probably as good a place to start as with anyone else.

But truly, you Righties need to be a little less butthurt about everything, there is only enough butthurt creme to go around and you know how we Lefties feel about equal distribution.

(That is called an opening... :D )

Last edited:
All the recent polls at RCP except Rasmussen have greater disapproval than approval by double digits.

In other words, all the polls show that America is finally realizing what sludge Obama is, but you single out Gallup.

Looks like you're too stupid to come up with your own barbs from here.

Actually, I used the random principle. I really wanted to start with Wenzel!! :)
Don't worry, I'll be getting around to all of them. But actually, with such a terrible track record as Gallup now has, it's probably as good a place to start as with anyone else.

But truly, you Righties need to be a little less butthurt about everything, there is only enough butthurt creme to go around and you know how we Lefties feel about equal distribution.

(That is called an opening... :D )

you ask too much of them

The point is that Gallup's numbers are generally with the pack, just like they were the next day after Stat's overdramatic OP, while Rasmussen's are generally not. (At least the superficial Rasmussen number generally is not -- their approval index generally is.)

Stat picked one day when Gallup was a few points away from the pack.

Economist/YouGov often has worse numbers for Obama than Gallup does, while Rasmussen often has Obama in the black when the rest have him deep in the red.

Last edited:

The point is that Gallup's numbers are generally with the pack, just like they were the next day after Stat's overdramatic OP, while Rasmussen's are generally not. (At least the superficial Rasmussen number generally is not -- their approval index generally is.)

Stat picked one day when Gallup was a few points away from the pack.

Economist/YouGov often has worse numbers for Obama than Gallup does, while Rasmussen often has Obama in the black while the rest have him deep in the red.

Excellent points...but the lefties do not respond to facts or logic. Their fearless leader is a classic example. Way too much butthurt. :)

surly, the Congressional approval rating is being considered as well - presently at 12% ?

without Rasmussen ...

Attachments

• $kk.png
    $kk.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 82
Eighteen days ago, when I started this thread, it was, according to Gallup, Obama -16.

Today, according to Gallup, it is Obama -4:

GAllupObama-4_zps050364e2.png

Unfav 49 / fav 45 = Obama -4

Shift: +12, in 18 days, in the middle of the Crimean crisis.

BTW, last Rasmussen: Obama +/-0 (49/49)

RasmussenObama0_zpsc4c7957d.png

Now you have your clearer answer as to which one was the outlier 18 days ago.

Last edited:
Dear Stats,

I could be wrong, but I could be right: American politics used to go by the truth.

Unfortunately, politicians have a lot of power over who gets treated well and who doesn't, and many things that used to be reliable are now pulled by whoever has the most political power due to something that has come into being in my lifetime known as "the Alinsky method." One of its tenets is to control what people believe is the truth with whatever it takes to get the majority of votes, which is supposed to govern what goes down in this country.

The change is that votes are being counted from groups who are (1) NOT CITIZENS OF THIS NATION, who are (2) FRIENDS OF OBAMA, and other findings that are (3) NOT TRUE.

Those of us who know this code of Omeurta by Alinsky believers, of whom the principal is Hillary Clinton, who wrote a very worshipful, overly-cushy college thesis about the glories of Alinsky and hi lying methods to get what she believes the American people deserve. If they worked hard all their lives and saved back for a rainy day, she believes with all her heart their money and assets should be taken away from them and given them to the grasshoppers of society who do nothing to support themselves or anyone else, who may steal property from other people to support a severe drug problem that causes them to wrong their families, children, and former friends, rob banks, kill cops, kill their parents.

I'm sick of Hillary Clinton and her experimentalistic bullshit.

I realize this has no place in "statistics" land, but here, what you see may not be what is true, unless our society has so many kill-their-parents type of individuals it is no more than a modern-day Sodom/Gomorrah in which innocent people are attacked by mobs.

And I'm sick of the formerly honest institutions like statistics houses who used to be the models of fairness, but have fallen to whoever makes the biggest threat against their assets. Their nests are feathered if they just count a few dead people, omit a few conservatives, and call on our enemies to share in what happens to the opinions in this country. God alone knows what they do to lie to the American people and the world, and right now, all I can say is God have mercy on us for what damages these rotten eggs have done to spoil the truth in America, and their ninnyhammer press flunkies, too.

This is only my opinion, unsupported for obvious reasons: Alinsky supporters do not support factuality, but what they think should be imposed upon people they absolutely hate, envy, despise, and covet property of.

It's a perfect hell for those who did their best, and I hate it with all of my inner being that believes there are better ways of dealing with human tragedy, and it is not based on suing for damages by people who are presented with "facts" and have the truth omitted because it is too offensive to people who cannot face the truth.

The pendulum has swung too far, and it's time for America to do the right thing.

Last edited:
Dear Stats,

I could be wrong, but I could be right: American politics used to go by the truth.

Unfortunately, politicians have a lot of power over who gets treated well and who doesn't, and many things that used to be reliable are now pulled by whoever has the most political power due to something that has come into being in my lifetime known as "the Alinsky method." One of its tenets is to control what people believe is the truth with whatever it takes to get the majority of votes, which is supposed to govern what goes down in this country.

The change is that votes are being counted from groups who are (1) NOT CITIZENS OF THIS NATION, who are (2) FRIENDS OF OBAMA, and other findings that are (3) NOT TRUE.

Those of us who know this code of Omeurta by Alinsky believers, of whom the principal is Hillary Clinton, who wrote a very worshipful, overly-cushy college thesis about the glories of Alinsky and hi lying methods to get what she believes the American people deserve. If they worked hard all their lives and saved back for a rainy day, she believes with all her heart their money and assets should be taken away from them and given them to the grasshoppers of society who do nothing to support themselves or anyone else, who may steal property from other people to support a severe drug problem that causes them to wrong their families, children, and former friends, rob banks, kill cops, kill their parents.

I'm sick of Hillary Clinton and her experimentalistic bullshit.

I realize this has no place in "statistics" land, but here, what you see may not be what is true, unless our society has so many kill-their-parents type of individuals it is no more than a modern-day Sodom/Gomorrah in which innocent people are attacked by mobs.

And I'm sick of the formerly honest institutions like statistics houses who used to be the models of fairness, but have fallen to whoever makes the biggest threat against their assets. Their nests are feathered if they just count a few dead people, omit a few conservatives, and call on our enemies to share in what happens to the opinions in this country. God alone knows what they do to lie to the American people and the world, and right now, all I can say is God have mercy on us for what damages these rotten eggs have done to spoil the truth in America, and their ninnyhammer press flunkies, too.

This is only my opinion, unsupported for obvious reasons: Alinsky supporters do not support factuality, but what they think should be imposed upon people they absolutely hate, envy, despise, and covet property of.

It's a perfect hell for those who did their best, and I hate it with all of my inner being that believes there are better ways of dealing with human tragedy, and it is not based on suing for damages by people who are presented with "facts" and have the truth omitted because it is too offensive to people who cannot face the truth.

The pendulum has swung too far, and it's time for America to do the right thing.

Well, you certainly have the right to your opinion.

I for one am not an Alinsky follower.

So, you are saying that Rasmussen and Gallup are now Obama followers?

Excuse me, but they poll people from all over the country.

So Stat....I calling you out buddy. You picked on Gallup because they made Obummer look bad and then promised to look at Rasmussen. So where is it? Were you just bullshitting me? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back