Gallup: Obama 56%

Ah, this isn't a poll about who people are going to "vote" for...it's a poll asking them who they think is going to win. Do you not grasp the difference? I might hate Obama with a passion and never vote for him in a million years but still respond that I think he's going to win based on any number of reasons from the amount of money he's raised to how the main stream media is receptive to his message.

Ah, this isn't a poll about who people are going to "vote" for...it's a poll asking them who they think is going to win. Do you not grasp the difference? I might hate Obama with a passion and never vote for him in a million years but still respond that I think he's going to win based on any number of reasons from the amount of money he's raised to how the main stream media is receptive to his message.

The poll is also interesting in party alignment: It reflects INDEPENDENT VOTERS PREDICTION.

Vegas Odds are still with the Prez, as they are in almost every election year during May.

Only to hard core leftists can obama's performance not be considered really really bad. There is still some ways to go before the election. If obama continues to perform the way he has, he will get much worse.

The incumbent usually wins unless his perceived performance in office has been really really bad and/or his opponent is really really good.

Neither of those conditions have been met.

Bush Sr wasn't really really bad. Nor was Clinton really really good. Perot was a spoiler.

Actually, Bush's problem was that at that point, he really didn't have a base.

Conservatives didn't like him because he raised taxes. The fact that Pat Buchanan did so well in the primaries was a real warning sign. Perot just picked up where Buchanan left off...

Sadly, since then, the GOP has pandered more to the Buchanan/Perot xenophobic wing of the party.

Only to hard core leftists can obama's performance not be considered really really bad. There is still some ways to go before the election. If obama continues to perform the way he has, he will get much worse.

So 50% of the country is hard core leftists, then?

I don't think he's done a great job, but the Weird Mormon Robot you jokers put up would be worse.

I wouldn't put much stock into this poll. There's usually an expectation that the incumbant will win.

JoeB has hit the nail on the head. Expectations are the incumbent wins (why? because they usually do.

November, however, is a long way from now.

Forum List

Back