Gallup Daily: Presidential Race Narrows Slightly. Obama now only +2

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
From Gallup:

The gap between Barack Obama and John McCain in Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Saturday through Monday has narrowed slightly, and Obama is now at 49% of the vote to 47% for McCain among likely voters using Gallup's traditional model.

I'd say its' narrowed more than slightly! Obama was up +5 just 24 hours ago and these are three day rolling averages. I would think this means McCain must have outpolled Obama yesterday.

The Thursday polls should tell us a lot.

Link here

Last edited:
Any other Obama supporters want to ignore that the Gallup traditional poll is now within the margin of error?

No wonder the stock market went up 900 points today!

DrudgeGallupJ.jpg

Wonder how many people will walk into the voting booth, and not be able to pull the handle for The Great Divider Obama. Boys, the new Mason-Dixon line is being drawn, it's between drawn along earning potential.

This is the traditional voting model that is based upon 2004 turnout. We have already seen records broken in several dozen states that show that this model is obsolete.
Gallup also offers an expanded gallup model that shows Obama up by 7. This model is predicting massive voter turnout.

With the massive amount of voter turnout that there has been already, you can really see that the expanded model is the more likely model.

Relish in the old, obsolete models as much as you can, cons. Next week, Obama is going to trounce you.

Coach always told us to play like we were behind, so it wouldn't sneak up on us.

This is the traditional voting model that is based upon 2004 turnout. We have already seen records broken in several dozen states that show that this model is obsolete.
Gallup also offers an expanded gallup model that shows Obama up by 7. This model is predicting massive voter turnout.

With the massive amount of voter turnout that there has been already, you can really see that the expanded model is the more likely model.

Relish in the old, obsolete models as much as you can, cons. Next week, Obama is going to trounce you.[/QUOTE]

which is exactly why we don't want to vote for him, he wants to trounce us and we know it, glad you know it too.

From Gallup:

The gap between Barack Obama and John McCain in Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Saturday through Monday has narrowed slightly, and Obama is now at 49% of the vote to 47% for McCain among likely voters using Gallup's traditional model.
I'd say its' narrowed more than slightly! Obama was up +5 just 24 hours ago and these are three day rolling averages. I would think this means McCain must have outpolled Obama yesterday.

The Thursday polls should tell us a lot.

Link here
Gallup's "traditional" likely voter model, which Gallup has employed for past elections, factors in prior voting behavior as well as current voting intention. This has generally shown a closer contest, reflecting the fact that Republicans have typically been more likely to vote than Democrats in previous elections."

You are citing a poll predicated on a heavier republican turn out then democrat and even here you are loosing. That should tell you something...

Gallup's "traditional" likely voter model, which Gallup has employed for past elections, factors in prior voting behavior as well as current voting intention. This has generally shown a closer contest, reflecting the fact that Republicans have typically been more likely to vote than Democrats in previous elections."

You are citing a poll predicated on a heavier republican turn out then democrat and even here you are loosing. That should tell you something...

Take it up with Gallup. There the one posting it.

There are about 20 diffrent polls with 20 different models. No one really knows what will happen this year.

Examples:

Will there be a Bradley Effect?
How many Hillary supporters will vote for McCain or not at all?
Will Palin turn out the Republican base in mass?
Early voting is even in Florida between Dems and Republicans. What's it mean?
Will the youth vote actually turn out this year?

This year will probably create a whole new model. Should be interesting.

And, would any polling group dare poll Obama below McCain? Biden will get upset if tuff polling is done.

Take it up with Gallup. There the one posting it.

There are about 20 diffrent polls with 20 different models. No one really knows what will happen this year.

Examples:

Will there be a Bradley Effect?
How many Hillary supporters will vote for McCain or not at all?
Will Palin turn out the Republican base in mass?
Early voting is even in Florida between Dems and Republicans. What's it mean?
Will the youth vote actually turn out this year?

This year will probably create a whole new model. Should be interesting.

I have no problem with the poll only the cherry picking. And again, in your cherry picked poll that will most favor McCain he is still loosing. When you are loosing on a poll predicated on heavier republican turnout than democrat you haven't got much of a shot...

I have no problem with the poll only the cherry picking. And again, in your cherry picked poll that will most favor McCain he is still loosing. When you are loosing on a poll predicated on heavier republican turnout than democrat you haven't got much of a shot...

This is a neat little thing, it's an NBC Analysis of Electoral Votes.

270 are needed to win the election. They have Obama at 286, McCain at 163.

Politics - Political News & Updates- MSNBC.com

I know what the problem is, why Obama is polling higher. Its really a misunderstanding.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States[/ame]

Obama is running in 57 states and Mccain is only running in 50 states. Which would explain why the polls have much higher support for Obama.:lol:

Forum List

Back