Check out this Hillary won page and try to tell me that democrate are normal

Bassman007

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2015
If Hillary Clinton Had Won

Because these people are really strange

What’s different — and what’s the same — in a world where the 2016 election went the other way?
By Nate Silver

Greetings, citizens of Earth 1! I’m filing this dispatch from Earth 2, where Hillary Clinton got just a few more votes last November than she did in your world. And I really do mean just a few more: On Earth 2, Clinton won 0.5 percent more of the vote in each state, and Donald Trump won 0.5 percent less. That was just enough for her to narrowly win three states — Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan — that she narrowly lost in what you think of as “the real world.” Races for Congress turned out exactly the same here on Earth 2, so Clinton is president with a Republican Congress.

Things are really different on Earth 2! Merrick Garland is on the Supreme Court instead of Neil Gorsuch. Clinton didn’t enact a “travel ban.” The United States didn’t withdraw from the Paris climate accord. Kellyanne Conway has a CNN show.

OK, maybe things aren’t that different. This is Earth 2, not Earth 5, where Clinton won in a landslide, or Earth 4044, where Jim Gilmore is president (it’s a cold and dark place, and I wouldn’t advise visiting). Earth 2 preserves about as many of Earth 1’s features as possible, other than the things that just can’t be the same because you have Trump as your president and we have Clinton as ours.

But don’t think of this as science fiction. There are a lot of things that you, citizen of Earth 1, can probably infer about what life is like over here. Clinton’s first term has a lot in common with Barack Obama’s second term, for example. And the "laws" of political science — subject as they are to being broken now and again — are still largely intact. The president’s party usually suffers at the midterms here on Earth 2, for example, just as it does on Earth 1.

A couple more things: I know the whole multiverse thing might seem uncomfortable, so I’ve provided some annotations that help to situate my report in your Earth 1 experience. And because of the website you’re reading, I’ve focused more on politics than policy — although there’s a mix of both. As your president would say: Enjoy!

These right-direction/wrong-track numbers have been poor for years, not just as a result of last year’s election. That doesn’t make them any less consequential, however. Five of the past six elections (2006, 2008, 2010, 2014 and 2016) can be thought of as change elections, with 2012 being the lone exception where voters preferred continuity.

This Thursday marks 250 days
Do the math, and you’ll find I’m referring to Saturday, Nov. 12, four days after Election Day last year. As I’ll explain in a moment, it took a few extra days to verify that Clinton had won the election on Earth 2.

since the Associated Press and other news organizations declared Hillary Clinton to be the “apparent winner” of last year’s presidential election — and six months since Clinton took office. But it’s almost as though the election never ended. Just consider the stories that have dominated the news so far this week:

On Monday morning, Clinton and the rest of the political world awoke to a barrage of incendiary tweets from Donald Trump. “Crooked H is a failed, FAKE PRESIDENT,” said one of them, which linked to a Rasmussen Reports poll showing Clinton’s approval rating at 37 percent.

On Tuesday, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr announced that he’d call upon former Attorney General Loretta Lynch to testify before his committee next week as part of hearings on whether Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, interfered with the FBI’s investigation into Clinton’s private email server.

Also on Tuesday, Fox News’s Sean Hannity revealed what he said was “shocking new evidence” of widespread voter fraud in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, states Clinton won by just 7,000 and 17,000 votes, respectively.
On Earth 1, Clinton lost Michigan by roughly 11,000 votes, Wisconsin by about 23,000 votes and Pennsylvania by about 44,000 votes.

(Hannity’s evidence consisted of an academic paper that has widely been discredited.)I’m referring to a 2014 paper by Jesse Richman, Gulshan Chattha and David Earnest, which posited a high rate of noncitizen voting. The paper, which was cited by Trump in campaign speeches, failed to account for measurement error resulting from citizens who voted but incorrectly identified themselves as noncitizens.

And on Wednesday, White House press secretary Brian Fallon got into a shouting match with reporters at his daily press briefing, triggered by what he later said was frustration over the media’s failure to cover new revelations about Russia’s apparent interference in the 2016 campaign.

These storylines — Trump tweeting something inflammatory about Clinton, Republicans investigating Clinton, Clinton feuding with the press — keep repeating themselves. It sometimes seems as though we’ve spent the six months of Clinton’s presidency trapped in the Most Annoying News Cycle Ever, with no chance of escape. But the truth is that there hasn’t been a whole lot else to talk about. With Republicans in charge of both chambers of Congress, Clinton has little hope of enacting her legislative agenda. And although North Korea’s increasingly ambitious nuclear tests are a major concern, Clinton’s foreign policy has largely been a continuation of Barack Obama’s and so has seldom made news. At this month’s G-20 summit in Hamburg, Germany, for instance, the media devoted more coverage to Clinton’s choice of pantsuits than to the G-20’s reaffirmation of the Paris climate accords. So let’s tune out the noise of the news cycle and consider Clinton’s first six months from a historical perspective.

Clinton is historically unpopular
Clinton’s presidency is not going all that well. Yes, the Rasmussen Reports poll Trump cited was an outlier
Compared to other pollsters, Rasmussen Reports polls frequently show better numbers for Republicans and worse numbers for Democrats.

but her approval rating average is just 41.7 percent, the lowest at the six-month mark of any president elected since the 1930s (when approval ratings were first routinely collected).Throughout last year’s campaign, Trump’s popularity numbers were historically poor, but Clinton’s were only slightly better and were still worse than any major-party nominee other than Trump. The same pattern holds across the political multiverse. On Earth 1, Trump’s approval rating has been hovering at around 39 percent; Clinton’s numbers are just slightly higher on Earth 2. But they’re still the worst of any elected president after his or her first six months on the job, breaking the previous low set by Bill Clinton (45.7 percent). Gerald Ford had a 39.4 percent approval rating six months into his term, but he was not elected — he assumed office when Richard Nixon resigned.

Yes, it’s silly to refer to Clinton as a “lame duck,” as The New York Times’ Maureen Dowd did last week in a column that called for Clinton to hand the presidency over to Vice President Tim Kaine, but Clinton hasn’t accomplished much on the policy front. Even relatively unambitious proposals that the White House once thought might attract some Republican support, such as a bill to tweak to the Family and Medical Leave Act, have instead been bogged down in congressional committees.

Clinton did manage one significant political accomplishment: getting Merrick Garland appointed to the Supreme Court. With the court set to consider a slate of landmark cases this year on matters including redistricting and abortion, the importance of that achievement should not be understated. But it came at a price. The deal she struck with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell,
annotation-icon.png

It's not normal for you Trumpflakes to constantly get triggered over such insignificant things, you know.

If something on the internet upsets you, just don't read it.

Nate Silver is the same as "democrats" [sic]? Really, they're all one guy?

Is Nate Silver a member of a political party at all?

It's not normal for you Trumpflakes to constantly get triggered over such insignificant things, you know.

Yet again you confuse amusement for annoyance. But then again, you're a progressive so you have problems with understanding.

• Banned

How much did you pay to be a supporting member of this free website that rakes in millions in ad revenue?

Only dumb people pay for free stuff.

Next

You're right, it is quite uncommon for people to ponder a "what if" scenario.

• Banned

Do the research and let me know, I'm really curious

I'm not sure what the OP thinks the point of the article is. By my read Silver's basically saying things would not have gone much differently, if less entertaining.

Mostly a boring piece, with the exception of Jimmy Fallon as Press Secretary.

Because these people are really strange

What’s different — and what’s the same — in a world where the 2016 election went the other way?
By Nate Silver

Greetings, citizens of Earth 1! I’m filing this dispatch from Earth 2, where Hillary Clinton got just a few more votes last November than she did in your world. And I really do mean just a few more: On Earth 2, Clinton won 0.5 percent more of the vote in each state, and Donald Trump won 0.5 percent less. That was just enough for her to narrowly win three states — Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan — that she narrowly lost in what you think of as “the real world.” Races for Congress turned out exactly the same here on Earth 2, so Clinton is president with a Republican Congress.

Things are really different on Earth 2! Merrick Garland is on the Supreme Court instead of Neil Gorsuch. Clinton didn’t enact a “travel ban.” The United States didn’t withdraw from the Paris climate accord. Kellyanne Conway has a CNN show.

OK, maybe things aren’t that different. This is Earth 2, not Earth 5, where Clinton won in a landslide, or Earth 4044, where Jim Gilmore is president (it’s a cold and dark place, and I wouldn’t advise visiting). Earth 2 preserves about as many of Earth 1’s features as possible, other than the things that just can’t be the same because you have Trump as your president and we have Clinton as ours.

But don’t think of this as science fiction. There are a lot of things that you, citizen of Earth 1, can probably infer about what life is like over here. Clinton’s first term has a lot in common with Barack Obama’s second term, for example. And the "laws" of political science — subject as they are to being broken now and again — are still largely intact. The president’s party usually suffers at the midterms here on Earth 2, for example, just as it does on Earth 1.

A couple more things: I know the whole multiverse thing might seem uncomfortable, so I’ve provided some annotations that help to situate my report in your Earth 1 experience. And because of the website you’re reading, I’ve focused more on politics than policy — although there’s a mix of both. As your president would say: Enjoy!

These right-direction/wrong-track numbers have been poor for years, not just as a result of last year’s election. That doesn’t make them any less consequential, however. Five of the past six elections (2006, 2008, 2010, 2014 and 2016) can be thought of as change elections, with 2012 being the lone exception where voters preferred continuity.

This Thursday marks 250 days
Do the math, and you’ll find I’m referring to Saturday, Nov. 12, four days after Election Day last year. As I’ll explain in a moment, it took a few extra days to verify that Clinton had won the election on Earth 2.

since the Associated Press and other news organizations declared Hillary Clinton to be the “apparent winner” of last year’s presidential election — and six months since Clinton took office. But it’s almost as though the election never ended. Just consider the stories that have dominated the news so far this week:

On Monday morning, Clinton and the rest of the political world awoke to a barrage of incendiary tweets from Donald Trump. “Crooked H is a failed, FAKE PRESIDENT,” said one of them, which linked to a Rasmussen Reports poll showing Clinton’s approval rating at 37 percent.

On Tuesday, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr announced that he’d call upon former Attorney General Loretta Lynch to testify before his committee next week as part of hearings on whether Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, interfered with the FBI’s investigation into Clinton’s private email server.

Also on Tuesday, Fox News’s Sean Hannity revealed what he said was “shocking new evidence” of widespread voter fraud in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, states Clinton won by just 7,000 and 17,000 votes, respectively.
On Earth 1, Clinton lost Michigan by roughly 11,000 votes, Wisconsin by about 23,000 votes and Pennsylvania by about 44,000 votes.

(Hannity’s evidence consisted of an academic paper that has widely been discredited.)I’m referring to a 2014 paper by Jesse Richman, Gulshan Chattha and David Earnest, which posited a high rate of noncitizen voting. The paper, which was cited by Trump in campaign speeches, failed to account for measurement error resulting from citizens who voted but incorrectly identified themselves as noncitizens.

And on Wednesday, White House press secretary Brian Fallon got into a shouting match with reporters at his daily press briefing, triggered by what he later said was frustration over the media’s failure to cover new revelations about Russia’s apparent interference in the 2016 campaign.

These storylines — Trump tweeting something inflammatory about Clinton, Republicans investigating Clinton, Clinton feuding with the press — keep repeating themselves. It sometimes seems as though we’ve spent the six months of Clinton’s presidency trapped in the Most Annoying News Cycle Ever, with no chance of escape. But the truth is that there hasn’t been a whole lot else to talk about. With Republicans in charge of both chambers of Congress, Clinton has little hope of enacting her legislative agenda. And although North Korea’s increasingly ambitious nuclear tests are a major concern, Clinton’s foreign policy has largely been a continuation of Barack Obama’s and so has seldom made news. At this month’s G-20 summit in Hamburg, Germany, for instance, the media devoted more coverage to Clinton’s choice of pantsuits than to the G-20’s reaffirmation of the Paris climate accords. So let’s tune out the noise of the news cycle and consider Clinton’s first six months from a historical perspective.

Clinton is historically unpopular
Clinton’s presidency is not going all that well. Yes, the Rasmussen Reports poll Trump cited was an outlier
Compared to other pollsters, Rasmussen Reports polls frequently show better numbers for Republicans and worse numbers for Democrats.

but her approval rating average is just 41.7 percent, the lowest at the six-month mark of any president elected since the 1930s (when approval ratings were first routinely collected).Throughout last year’s campaign, Trump’s popularity numbers were historically poor, but Clinton’s were only slightly better and were still worse than any major-party nominee other than Trump. The same pattern holds across the political multiverse. On Earth 1, Trump’s approval rating has been hovering at around 39 percent; Clinton’s numbers are just slightly higher on Earth 2. But they’re still the worst of any elected president after his or her first six months on the job, breaking the previous low set by Bill Clinton (45.7 percent). Gerald Ford had a 39.4 percent approval rating six months into his term, but he was not elected — he assumed office when Richard Nixon resigned.

Yes, it’s silly to refer to Clinton as a “lame duck,” as The New York Times’ Maureen Dowd did last week in a column that called for Clinton to hand the presidency over to Vice President Tim Kaine, but Clinton hasn’t accomplished much on the policy front. Even relatively unambitious proposals that the White House once thought might attract some Republican support, such as a bill to tweak to the Family and Medical Leave Act, have instead been bogged down in congressional committees.

Clinton did manage one significant political accomplishment: getting Merrick Garland appointed to the Supreme Court. With the court set to consider a slate of landmark cases this year on matters including redistricting and abortion, the importance of that achievement should not be understated. But it came at a price. The deal she struck with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell,
annotation-icon.png

The Hag can't win.

Hey, it's your point. That means you already did the research. What did you find?
Not exactly, now I am really curious to get your opposition research, so let us know what you find, and be on the lookout for stray Russians as they are everywhere

Hey, it's your point. That means you already did the research. What did you find?
Not exactly, now I am really curious to get your opposition research, so let us know what you find, and be on the lookout for stray Russians as they are everywhere

"Opposition research"? :wtf:

What is there to "oppose", if you haven't made a point?

Dude, this is where I say that the fire was caused by a blast of wind out of Howard Sterns asshole. This place is nothing but a waste of time, but it's funny to deal with turds like you that think they are going to save the firkin World by lying about Trump.

Get over it you have been had, now go research this

Dude, this is where I say that the fire was caused by a blast of wind out of Howard Sterns asshole. This place is nothing but a waste of time, but it's funny to deal with turds like you that think they are going to save the firkin World by lying about Trump.

I haven't even made a reference to Rump, let alone "lied". I made a reference to your reference about Nate Silver, and in the process called out your Composition Fallacy. And you're melting down, which is exactly what I knew would happen.

I haven't even made a reference to Rump, let alone "lied". I made a reference to your reference about Nate Silver, and in the process called out your Composition Fallacy. And you're melting down, which is exactly what I knew would happen.

Who the hell is Nate Silver..........................

Forum List

Back