G a s o l i n e

And you know where most carbon comes from?

It came from the big bang...and is the second most abunant element on Earth.

Go look in the mirror and wave at a chunk of it.

Before flapping yap, put the brain in gear. About number 12. At 0.094% of the earth's crust.

List of Elements of the Periodic Table - Sorted by Abundance in Earth's crust

You may too go to a mirror and wave at a chunk of carbon.

So there is a gasoline shortage. Yet gas and diesel are our single biggest export.

So what is your solution, dingleberries? Price controls? Mandate no export of gasoline? Just what is it you want the government to do? I thought you wingnuts were against government messing with business. Unhappy with a free market now?

You sound so sophisticated- /sarcasm

4 things

drill baby drill ( this adds to future surplus and has the added bonus of domestic jobs~)

regulate repatriated investment from the foreign futures market where speculation has added to the cost

a 1 year moratorium on federal gas tax

build the pipeline. (same as the first)

How's that for free market solutions?... I know I know were going to get more sophisticated dingleberries moments :(

A one year moritorum on gas tax?
How will we pay to maintain our roads?
Increast the debt?

Highways
Most of the revenue from the federal gasoline excise tax is paid into the Highway Trust Fund. The Fund uses the money for federal highway and bridge improvements. This is a useful tool for increasing employment in the construction sector, especially during the summer.

Deficit Reduction
A significant amount of federal gas revenue goes into the General Fund, which helps reduce the annual federal budget deficit. For example, in 1990, a new tax of 2.5 cents per gallon was instituted on rail transportation. Proceeds went into the General Fund during the five-year duration of the program.

Public Transportation
About a third of federal gas tax revenue in the Highway Trust Fund also goes toward subsidizing local public transit projects. The argument for a highway fund being used for mass transit is that it reduces the number of drivers on the roads. Jonathan Williams of the Tax Foundation, among others, has argued that this is an inefficient use of highway funds, although more efficient than many earmarks that federal gas tax revenue has been used for.

Read more: What Are Federal Gas Taxes Used For? | eHow.com What Are Federal Gas Taxes Used For? | eHow.com

You do realize that the federal gas tax is just over .18/gal don't you?
The rest is state and local tax.

speculation would rapidly eat up and .18 drop in price.

I know what he was talking about. You're the retard here, not me.

The jump in price from Nixon to Carter is less than 300%, using his numbers.

But why did he skip Ford? :lol:

Son? YOU cited BUSH.

Ford was a non-entity and a victim of circumstance as Agnew left in disgrace, and didn't have a chance with his WIN Campaign back then...YOU remember that don't you?

*I do*

I lived through it.

Don't let history kick YOU in the ass...deservedly...AGAIN.

Yes, I did - he was POTUS the last time gas was $4.00.

Why are you talking about Carter, dumbass?
*bump* for the pansy.

You folks do not want the economy to grow?

It is trickle down economics in action.

HOw else can the economy grow now if wages do not go up and as some claimed no job growth under Obama?
Easy WE pay more for stuff we already buy. Food, energy, Transportation, etc.

So WHY is Obama standing in the way punishing commerce by excessive taxation?

WHY is he engaged in Class Warfare?
over.gif

So there is a gasoline shortage. Yet gas and diesel are our single biggest export.

So what is your solution, dingleberries? Price controls? Mandate no export of gasoline? Just what is it you want the government to do? I thought you wingnuts were against government messing with business. Unhappy with a free market now?

4 things

drill baby drill ( this adds to future surplus and has the added bonus of domestic jobs~)

regulate repatriated investment from the foreign futures market where speculation has added to the cost

How's that for free market solutions?... I know I know were going to get more sophisticated dingleberries moments :(
'Clever' doesn't mean educated. Read up before spouting off:

U.S. Gas Exports Force Drivers Into Bidding War With Mexico At Pump

4 things

'Clever' doesn't mean educated. Read up before spouting off:

U.S. Gas Exports Force Drivers Into Bidding War With Mexico At Pump

Yes, sure, Mr. "It's Wall Street"... Yeah, that's the answer. Just keep repeating it like a good little liberal parrot and you just might get our government to give you the crumbs of another mans cracker~

4 things

Increast the debt?

Highways
Most of the revenue from the federal gasoline excise tax is paid into the Highway Trust Fund. The Fund uses the money for federal highway and bridge improvements. This is a useful tool for increasing employment in the construction sector, especially during the summer.

Deficit Reduction
A significant amount of federal gas revenue goes into the General Fund, which helps reduce the annual federal budget deficit. For example, in 1990, a new tax of 2.5 cents per gallon was instituted on rail transportation. Proceeds went into the General Fund during the five-year duration of the program.

Public Transportation
About a third of federal gas tax revenue in the Highway Trust Fund also goes toward subsidizing local public transit projects. The argument for a highway fund being used for mass transit is that it reduces the number of drivers on the roads. Jonathan Williams of the Tax Foundation, among others, has argued that this is an inefficient use of highway funds, although more efficient than many earmarks that federal gas tax revenue has been used for.

Read more: What Are Federal Gas Taxes Used For? | eHow.com What Are Federal Gas Taxes Used For? | eHow.com

I was just discussing the federal tax- not the state gouges of regressive taxes. WE will do just fine for one year.

Will we now? How many interstate bridges have already collapsed? What is the condition of our interstate highways?

You people never cease to amaze me. You are the first to scream when something is not being done, but at the same time, cut off funds for those projects. Remember, it was your parties great example of fiscal sanity that had us engaged in two wars, then cut taxes.

One of the original goals of Mr Carter's Department of Energy Organization Act was to reduce US dependence upon foreign energy (oil).

Yeah, that worked out so well that 35 years later, Solyndra is now a leading energy producer. <sarcasm intended>
Good thing we can count on the existence of government bureaucracy to make everything better, let's put them in charge of medical insurance and see what happens in 35 years.

4 things

Increast the debt?

Highways

Deficit Reduction

Public Transportation

We have cut social security tax for employees, how do you think that is going to impact that in the future?

How much did it cost to fill up your tank in the summer of 2008, when Bush was president and gas was $4.00?

Nevermind gas was alot lower when Bush left office. YOU have a hard time with taking your lips off Obama's ass.
Hey fuckstick: gas was a lot lower when Clinton left office. $1.09 in Florida and $0.99 in Georgia.

So Bush raised it 400%. Obama hasn't come close to that.

You really are a retard. :lol:

January of 2001 the national average for a gallon of gas was$1.54. Not sure what state levels were, but Florida and Georgia seem very low.

Nevermind gas was alot lower when Bush left office. YOU have a hard time with taking your lips off Obama's ass.
Hey fuckstick: gas was a lot lower when Clinton left office. $1.09 in Florida and $0.99 in Georgia.

So Bush raised it 400%. Obama hasn't come close to that.

You really are a retard. :lol:

January of 2001 the national average for a gallon of gas was$1.54. Not sure what state levels were, but Florida and Georgia seem very low.

Ports. We have ports where some of this comes in. ;)

It's $4.20 for premium here in Phoenix. My car gets 15 mpg city and I don't care. I'm not changing a thing about how I drive. I just put a deposit on a 2013 Ford Mustang GT-500, 650 horses of pure gas guzzling fun.

Forum List

Back