Furious father removes his kids from NYC's $62k-a-year Browning School after spat over $1million donation

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Furious father removes his kids from NYC's $62k-a-year Browning School after spat over $1million donation and claims it has 'degenerated into a morass of dysfunction, misfeasance and unfairness'​

A father who has sent his sons to New York City's Browning School for years has withdrawn in fury and accused the school's woke new leadership of trying to stiff him out of an extra $60,000 in donations.

The parent sent an outraged email to the Board of Trustees in which he resigned and fumed about the leadership.

He also suggested that the school retaliated against his sons with baseless disciplinary actions when he withdrew his charitable giving.

The Browning School has not yet responded to his claims.

In his email, the father said: 'After an aggregate 25 years of three boys attending the school, seven years of board service and more than $1.5million spent on tuition and donations, we are sending our sons elsewhere and discontinuing all ties.

'Browning has degenerated into a morass of dysfunction, misfeasance and unfairness.

'Those are serious words, and I use them carefully - as a parent and fiduciary.'

He claims that in the fall of 2022, after pledging $1million to the school, he tried to give the remaining $651,400 after already gifting $348,000 the previous year.

The school's leaders told him that he in fact owed $710,000, according to the father, who has not been named publicly, but whose email appeared on NYC Private School Watch - an Instagram page which chronicles the escalating issues in Manhattan's most expensive and elite institutions.

LOL.....I bet everybody involved is an asshole and they collided. :laughing0301:

Rich people problems.....I don't see how they cope.
;)

Furious father removes his kids from NYC's $62k-a-year Browning School after spat over $1million donation and claims it has 'degenerated into a morass of dysfunction, misfeasance and unfairness'​

A father who has sent his sons to New York City's Browning School for years has withdrawn in fury and accused the school's woke new leadership of trying to stiff him out of an extra $60,000 in donations.

The parent sent an outraged email to the Board of Trustees in which he resigned and fumed about the leadership.

He also suggested that the school retaliated against his sons with baseless disciplinary actions when he withdrew his charitable giving.

In his email, the father said: 'After an aggregate 25 years of three boys attending the school, seven years of board service and more than $1.5million spent on tuition and donations, we are sending our sons elsewhere and discontinuing all ties.

'Browning has degenerated into a morass of dysfunction, misfeasance and unfairness.

'Those are serious words, and I use them carefully - as a parent and fiduciary.'

He claims that in the fall of 2022, after pledging $1million to the school, he tried to give the remaining $651,400 after already gifting $348,000 the previous year.

The school's leaders told him that he in fact owed $710,000, according to the father, who has not been named publicly, but whose email appeared on NYC Private School Watch - an Instagram page which chronicles the escalating issues in Manhattan's most expensive and elite institutions.

LOL.....I bet everybody involved is an asshole and they collided. :laughing0301:

;)

The only victims here are the kids.

;)
LOL. Well, you're right. Rich people issues..but his sons are going to HATE him in 5 years. :)

;)
First World problems.

Forum List

Back