Father Of Florida Shooting Survivor Admits He Altered Email From CNN

The words "that he submitted" were left off the email sent to Fox News and Huffington Post.

So, if words were omitted from the first email, what WERE they supposed to surmise?
Let me get this straight...you are berating people for interpreting the information given to them...regardless of whether it was the complete information? Trite much?
See the edit in the OP.

Edit:
They weren't supposed to surmise at all. Fox is supposed to be a news organization. That means they are supposed to verify stuff before uttering it in public.​

Last edited:
So he lied at first and now is believable?
Is it not CNNs responsibility to be the adult in the room?

So CNN got caught producing fake news again, no surprise there.
What? The father admitted he mislead the media. Did you even read the article?
What the father said is irrelevant. It was still fake news.
What was fake news?
CNN.
What was fake about the story?
There was no "town hall" meeting in the first place. It was merely a scripted propaganda production.

The words "that he submitted" were left off the email sent to Fox News and Huffington Post.

So, if words were omitted from the first email, what WERE they supposed to surmise?
Let me get this straight...you are berating people for interpreting the information given to them...regardless of whether it was the complete information? Trite much?

Any legitimate news source had a responsibility to determine if what was given to them was true. Of course, fox isn't legitimate, but they should have at least made an effort.

See the edit in the OP.

The point is...your OP 'fathers of fake news' is not true. They reported what was given to them.

Any legitimate news source had a responsibility to determine if what was given to them was true. Of course, fox isn't legitimate, but they should have at least made an effort.

See the edit in the OP.

The point is...your OP 'fathers of fake news' is not true. They reported what was given to them.

That's what makes Fox an unethical lying source for misinformation.

What? The father admitted he mislead the media. Did you even read the article?
What was fake news?
CNN.
There was no "town hall" meeting in the first place. It was merely a scripted propaganda production.
It was not scripted. Did you not read the father’s confession?

The detritus filled minds of how many USMB members cried foul and berated CNN after Fox (perhaps others members of the conservative echo chamber) reported the untruth that Colton Haab had been by CNN given a script from which to read? Well, one can get a sense of the answer by clicking here -- CNN Tries to Script Students’ Meeting with President Trump -- because the "peanut gallery" was out in full force in that thread.

Well, now Sean Hannity, yes, even that jackass, hs sheepishly recanted, and not made nearly as much noise about Fox's, Hannity's, rush to judgment. What happened? Colton Haab's father admitted to removing words from the email he forwarded to Fox. What's even more astounding is that he claims he didn't do it on purpose. Yea, right....Because it's so common that in the process of clicking "forward" and entering an email address in the "to" field, one might accidentally delete words in the middle in the body of the email one's forwarding.

And what had I to say about it?
I cannot say Haab's attestation about being given a "scripted' question is untruthful; however, neither can I say that I'd put it past a CNN producer or someone providing editing support to the kids so the questions were succinct. I'd like very much to see the question(s) Haab composed and what be the scripted question(s) he says CNN gave him.
I can add that an acquaintance who attended a presidential town hall some years back shared that he was required to share his questions with the event moderator and informed that he had to ask the question he shared not one he conjured later.
I don't even need to say it.....

In one exchange, 17-year-old Colton Haab proposes several questions to ask at the town hall, including one on whether to arm teachers. His father, a Republican gun owner, later emailed Stevenson a four-page document with a roughly 700-word speech and a series of questions he said Colton wanted to ask.

Stevenson told the father the additional language he proposed was "way too long" and Colton would need to stick to the question "that he submitted." The words "that he submitted" were left off the email sent to Fox News and Huffington Post.

CNN said Stevenson had discussed which one of Colton's several questions to ask at the forum and they mutually agreed on one using his own words and a statement he made during another television appearance.
(Source)
What I will say is that if Republicans spent as much energy ruminating as they do ranting, we'd all be better off.

Shooting survivor’s father admits email changes in CNN spat

EDIT:
How hard would it have been for Fox to verify that man's claim?

Not hard at all; it'd be literally child's play to do so. All a Fox staffer had to do was forward the email to CNN, asking, "Is this email authentic?" CNN, of course, would have said, "no," and simply forwarded the original unedited email to the Fox staffer.

A quick check of the email header info would have confirmed that CNN was telling the truth and that Haab SOB wasn't and that'd have been that. No story, but no embarrassment for not upholding the most basic of journalistic standards later either.​
Conservatives never admit to their lies, even when caught red handed; they're as arrogant and dishonest as Trump.

More fake news out of the conspiracy buckets of Hannity and Mr Tucker Carlson, who has been quickly digressing into wingnut land with his new show.... after reporting all week that CNN gave scripted questions for their townhall, both anchors now had to rescind the story as the family they were sourcing admitting to editing CNN emails to inaccurately support their narrative. Funny how the formula of attacking the messenger instead of reporting on the substance is playing out for these kooks...

I couldn’t find a video to link up but I saw Tucker’s crow feast last night on his show and found a transcript:

Carlson said FNC had contacted CNN last week to verify Haab’s assertion and comment. CNN, Carlson said, sent FNC emails that did not match what the Haabs had given FNC. Contacted to discuss the inconsistency, the Haabs had told FNC “they were being slandered by CNN,” Carlson said.

Now that the family has acknowledged the removal of words in a CNN email, Carlson said, “There is no evidence, as of right now, that CNN tried to give Colton Haab a scripted question.”

Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson Set Record Straight On Shooting Survivor’s Claim CNN Scripted Town Hall Question

Hannity and Tucker don't eat crow. They eat liberals for breakfast. Liberals are buzzards not crow.

What was fake news?
CNN.
The email proves that it was scripted.

The email proves that it was scripted.
The email after the father edited it indicates it was scripted. The original email from CNN does not. So what do you think was scripted?

See the edit in the OP.

rotflmao.gif

Why is the left so hysterical about this issue? Maybe some of the statements were sponteanious and some were scripted. Let it go lefties. You have enough to be crazy and angry about already.

:lol:

This is amazing.

The father has admitted that he lied. Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson have admitted they were spreading a fake story. Everyone agrees that CNN did not try to "script" the town hall.

And yet, there are still posters here attacking CNN and defending the disproven claims of a father trying to use a tragedy for his own political advantage.

Forum List

Back