Frustrated

M

Michelle

I was never really an anti-war freak or anything, but I am getting frustrated with the news from Iraq. It seems to me that the US is in some kind of insidious limbo that is only supplying us with a trickle of casualties.

Take the Fallujah thing for example. I was happy to hear that the US had mobilized and was ready to roll into that city to "take out the trash" and bring the animals who mutilated those corpses to justice. I was braced for the couple hundred casualties that the US would have surely suffered fighting in that urban environment. Instead, the marines pull back and let ex-Saddam era military officers do the dirty work and the scum who mutilated those bodies are still free.

I guess I was expecting more from Bush on this. He has sure talked a big line like "Bring 'em on" and such but he kind of wimped out on this one if you ask me. His image as a bold and fearless leader has certainly suffered in my eyes.

Can anyone help me out here as to what is the deal?

~M

Thank the bleeding hearts of this country. Rest assured if it were up to us conservatives there would not be a Fallujah !!!

Originally posted by eric
Thank the bleeding hearts of this country. Rest assured if it were up to us conservatives there would not be a Fallujah !!!

seems to me I was also looking forward to a massive sweep and clear of fallujah as well........... ;) :p:

Yes. They hesitate on every move. Cuz the libs and other assorted antiamericans are just waiting in the wings to use every misstep as political cannon fodder. Blame yourself and your cohorts.

Bush is starting to think twice because its an election year. That is unfortunate. We need him to be as strong and firm as he was when we started this. I know what he wants to do, but his advisers might be giving bad advice due to the election. Hopefully we will gte this damn thing done.

I'm really starting to question the politicians role in this war. The US military can take care of business if they were allowed to. Bremer seems to be clueless at this point. Attack, don't attack. Negotiate, Don't negotiate. Sack all the Baathists, bring em all back. He's getting to be like Kerry..........

Indecision will get you killed.

I tend to think it was the military leadership's decision to take the approach it has toward Fallujah. That is at least the line coming out of Pres. Bush, Sec. Rumsfeld, and the top military brass.

This is because of, I believe, one of two reasons:

1.) The military brass feels this strategy will ultimately be the most successful with the least number of friendly casualties.

or

2.) They don't have enough men to spare to do as thorough a job as they'd like and they fear the political windfall that would come from asking for more troops.

With respect to the second possibility they have decided that two battallions that should have rotated out will now remain for an extended tour. Perhaps they would have liked to have asked for more.

If on the other hand politicians are micro-managing this war from D.C. then we could have a burgeoning problem.

They just called up 36,000 more reservists today to be on the next float to Iraq. I would bet everything I own that this decision in Fallujah was political, no way the Marines would pull up stakes like that.

I believe Zhukov that this war is being micro-managed from D.C., same as Vietnam although it pains me to say that. If the politicos would just undo the leash from the military this deal would've been done a long time ago, heck we'd be halfway into the rebuilding of infrastructure by now but no we are to worried about civilians and who's sensibilities are going to be hurt. This is not the way to wage war.

Originally posted by OCA
They just called up 36,000 more reservists today to be on the next float to Iraq. I would bet everything I own that this decision in Fallujah was political, no way the Marines would pull up stakes like that.

I believe Zhukov that this war is being micro-managed from D.C., same as Vietnam although it pains me to say that. If the politicos would just undo the leash from the military this deal would've been done a long time ago, heck we'd be halfway into the rebuilding of infrastructure by now but no we are to worried about civilians and who's sensibilities are going to be hurt. This is not the way to wage war.

I hate to be a cheerleader, but I think OCA nailed it.

Originally posted by OCA
Why thank you but I hope to god we are wrong.

I do too. I truly hope there is some grand plan that we don't know about, but the whole Fallujah build up and pullout, coupled with the swapping of Iraqi generals makes you wonder........

How come you are blaming liberals for this? I am naive to this war thing, but I always thought the Commander in Chief is the ultimate authority for these decisions.

Is Bush either:

1) Not in complete control and not the final authority on major military events like the embarassing pull out from Fallujah?

2) Scared of the liberal response of a failed Fallujah campaign?

Either way, it is hurting my opinion of Bush here because both of those options show weakness. Don't you think?

Oh, and I was watching Hannity & Colmes tonight and there was this guy who was a soldier in Iraq and was a leader of like 30 or so soldiers. He was saying that Bush was doing a horrible job in the area of planning of support.

Help me out here guys. What is the deal with this?

~M

First off the President should make the decision to go to war not strategize and make battlefield decisions, he's not a freakin general.

Second off yeah he's looking a little weak with this Fallujah thing but its purely political, its an election season and i'm sure he's got people in his ear all day long about what ifs and what that. He needs to say fuck the election and release the dogs(troops) to whip some ass and finish these guys off.

Scared of a liberal response? Well yeah, he's hounded by the Demos and almost every major media outlet in the U.S. so I wouldn't say scared so much as cautious.

But definiteley it is time to put up or shutup, election be damned.

Liberals do get some blame because they monday morning quarterback every move he makes and basically with their doomsday attitude they are undermining the war effort. Listen if we were to all out assault Fallujah and win this thing there would surely be some civilian casualties and what would liberals say better or for worse? 1 guess and it ain't good job.

OCA, that is really troubling if you are suggesting that the decisions are being made on the battlefeild because it's an election season. These are people's lives at stake here and the job needs to get done and done right.

I also thought that Bush was in meetings about pivotal events like Fallujah. I thought I read somewhere that he was having meetings about this. I remember because I thought for sure the full scale assault of Fallujah would be the result.

I really am a fan of accountability and I think Bush has staked his presidency on the decision to go into Iraq. I am losing respect for him the longer these ill-equipped dead-enders keep hanging around. If Bush tries to deflect the blame or responsibility for Iraq, I will lose complete respect for him.

If he is pulling punches and jeapordizing the success of the war in Iraq or even extending it any longer than it needs to go for political reasons, I find that extremely troubling.

~M

Pretty odd that you would come back posing as a girl, Bamthin. You see though, you fucked up. It was coincidence enough that your IP's matched up from a leading ISP. But then you had to now post from an alternate IP that coincidentally is the same one you alternatively posted from previously.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I can't allow the charade to continue any longer.

How are you doing, Bamthin?

These fucking people are incredible! Hiding behind another nic. Hey accountable for what? What you going to hold him accountable for? So if we had completely wiped out Fallujah you wouldn't be screaming about innocent civilian life? But now that we backed off you are saying he's a pussy. Incredible, they always have both sides covered just in case.

Enjoy the next 4 years of Bush, Kerry doesn't have a chance in hell.

The President should have input but ultimately battlefield decisions should be left up to the experts on the scene.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Pretty odd that you would come back posing as a girl, Bamthin. You see though, you fucked up. It was coincidence enough that your IP's matched up from a leading ISP. But then you had to now post from an alternate IP that coincidentally is the same one you alternatively posted from previously.

Is this idiot banned now?

Originally posted by OCA
Is this idiot banned now?

Not yet, maybe I'll play with this pathetic asswipe a little longer and see what he has to say for his pathetic existence.

Forum List

Back