Frustrated

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Michelle, May 4, 2004.

1. Michelle

Michelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I was never really an anti-war freak or anything, but I am getting frustrated with the news from Iraq. It seems to me that the US is in some kind of insidious limbo that is only supplying us with a trickle of casualties.

Take the Fallujah thing for example. I was happy to hear that the US had mobilized and was ready to roll into that city to "take out the trash" and bring the animals who mutilated those corpses to justice. I was braced for the couple hundred casualties that the US would have surely suffered fighting in that urban environment. Instead, the marines pull back and let ex-Saddam era military officers do the dirty work and the scum who mutilated those bodies are still free.

I guess I was expecting more from Bush on this. He has sure talked a big line like "Bring 'em on" and such but he kind of wimped out on this one if you ask me. His image as a bold and fearless leader has certainly suffered in my eyes.

Can anyone help me out here as to what is the deal?

~M

2. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank the bleeding hearts of this country. Rest assured if it were up to us conservatives there would not be a Fallujah !!!

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    seems to me I was also looking forward to a massive sweep and clear of fallujah as well........... ;) :p:

4. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Yes. They hesitate on every move. Cuz the libs and other assorted antiamericans are just waiting in the wings to use every misstep as political cannon fodder. Blame yourself and your cohorts.

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Bush is starting to think twice because its an election year. That is unfortunate. We need him to be as strong and firm as he was when we started this. I know what he wants to do, but his advisers might be giving bad advice due to the election. Hopefully we will gte this damn thing done.

6. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I'm really starting to question the politicians role in this war. The US military can take care of business if they were allowed to. Bremer seems to be clueless at this point. Attack, don't attack. Negotiate, Don't negotiate. Sack all the Baathists, bring em all back. He's getting to be like Kerry..........

Indecision will get you killed.

7. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I tend to think it was the military leadership's decision to take the approach it has toward Fallujah. That is at least the line coming out of Pres. Bush, Sec. Rumsfeld, and the top military brass.

This is because of, I believe, one of two reasons:

1.) The military brass feels this strategy will ultimately be the most successful with the least number of friendly casualties.

or

2.) They don't have enough men to spare to do as thorough a job as they'd like and they fear the political windfall that would come from asking for more troops.

With respect to the second possibility they have decided that two battallions that should have rotated out will now remain for an extended tour. Perhaps they would have liked to have asked for more.

If on the other hand politicians are micro-managing this war from D.C. then we could have a burgeoning problem.

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    They just called up 36,000 more reservists today to be on the next float to Iraq. I would bet everything I own that this decision in Fallujah was political, no way the Marines would pull up stakes like that.

I believe Zhukov that this war is being micro-managed from D.C., same as Vietnam although it pains me to say that. If the politicos would just undo the leash from the military this deal would've been done a long time ago, heck we'd be halfway into the rebuilding of infrastructure by now but no we are to worried about civilians and who's sensibilities are going to be hurt. This is not the way to wage war.

9. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I hate to be a cheerleader, but I think OCA nailed it.

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Why thank you but I hope to god we are wrong.