French call for stronger EU to keep America in check

take in some history books and from me, posted by me the 09/08

To the author of this topic : Did you take your "french military victories" on twin-towers.net ?
I 'll speak to you about the french military victories (the bold words : name of the victory)

I won't speak of the Clovis ' victories against Alaric II, and will begin in 732

- 732 : Victory of Poitiers, Charles Martel won against the Saraceens
- 768/814 : Charlemagne's victories
- 885/886 : Paris resisted during one year against Vikings
- 1099 : Took of Jerusalem (the most part of the knights during the Crusades were french )
- 1214 : Bouvines, the french army lead by the King Philippe II Auguste won against a coalition composed by the Ist Reich - Germanic Empire - and his Emperor Otton IV, the Comte of Flanders, and the King of England...(you'll see that France often win when the ennemies are severals against one)
-1297 : France invaded Flanders, France lost in 1302 but won in 1328
-1337/1380 : 100 Years War, 1st part : France vs. England. the King of England, Edouard III, had pretentions upon the Thron of France, and did the war : he won at Crecy, Poitiers, and his son, the Black Prince, won also battles. But with the King Charles V, the French affairs went better, and lead by Bertrand Du Guesclin, the french won at Cocherel - 05/16/1364, and in 1371 began the Reconquest, at the end of the 1st phase of the war, the English occupe no more big french territories, only Calais and a part of Aquitaine.
-1351 (03/26) : Fight of the Trente, in Britain : 30 english knights against 30 french knights : French won.
1415/1453 : 100 Years War : 2nd part : Battle of Azincourt in 1415, the French Chevalry is annihilated by the english bowmen. In 1429, Orleans is free, the Battle is won by Jeanne d'Arc, and France stood up.
And after a big english and burgundy occupation - the half of the french territory was under the english domination - the French took one after one the cities. And in Castillon, 1453, the French army lead by the King Charles VII, won against the english army of lord John Talbot - the french used of artillery, first time in Europe with so much pieces -
End of the 100 Years War , France won.
-1495 : France invaded Napoly - under the reign of Charles VIII
-1515 : Victory of Marignan, the French army won against the swiss infantry employed by Milan. Everybody at this time said that the swiss were invincible....
-Rulse of Louis XIII and Louis XIV - the sun-king - France extended its territory, and had the Mightiest ground army.
-1643 : the French army, lead by the Prince de Condé, crush the spanish infantry at Rocroi.
-1644 : victory of Fribourg, french were lead by Condé. and also victory of Lens (1648)
-1645 : victory of Nördlingen ( french lead by Turenne and Condé)
-1648 : Victory of Zusmarshausen ( french lead by Turenne)
-1658 : Turenne triumph against the spanish army at the battle of the Dunes
-Between 1667 and 1668, France invaded the Spanish Holland and took a lot of cities. And to 1670, France won also lot of another battles, lead by Vauban, and occupied lots of new cities....and took Ypres, and also territories in Spain and in Lorraine.
But the other countries want to won against France : 1686/1688 : anti-french coalition, with : Augsburg League, Spain, Sweden, Netherlands and UK : the netherlands/Uk fleet keep their supremacy at seas, but on the ground, the french army won, alone against all....
-1709 : victory of Malplaquet
-1710 : Victory of Villaviciosa
-1712 : Victory of Denain
-1744 : France invaded Netherlands (again)
-1745 : Victory of Fontenoy, French lead by the Marechal de Saxe, against the british army.
-1746 : Victory of Raucoux (also with the Marechal de Saxe)
-1747 : Victory of Lawfeld (also with him)
- War in India : France's fleet lead by the Bailli de Suffren, won severals of battles against the english fleet. And Dupleix, french governor in India, won against the army of the prince of Carnatic, Dupleix was in a big numeric inferiority
(of course, finally, England took India)
-Canada : France lost the war against England and english settlers - the same who will fight England some decades after - >> Some victories, but at the end, like in INdia, England won, and the French Canada and THe Louisiane become no more french - english and spanish - (French Canada + Louisiane : one third of North America)
-1781 : Victory of Yorktown, ther French ground army of Rochambeau and La Fayette, the French fleet of de Grasse and the US continental army defeated Lord Cornwallis.
-09/20/1792 : victory of the french revolutionnary armies against the prussian army lead by the Duke of Brunswick, at Valmy.
-french Revolution war : Victory of Jemmapes (you can write Jemappes too) against the Austrians, in 1792........Victory of Wattignies in 1793 again versus the Austrians....Victory of Fleurus - 1794 - , against the Austrians (3 defeat in 3 battles for them)......
-1793 : victory of Toulon against the british, first victory of Naopleon Bonaparte.
-1794 : it is not a joke, but the truth : a french cavalry regiment crush an ennemy FLEET !!! (it was took in the ice)
-1796... : Italy Campaign, French laed by Bonaparte : victories of : Montenotte, Millesimo, Mondovi, Castiglione, Lodi, Arcole, Rivoli........
-1798/1799 : Victory of the Pyramids - but defeat at Aboukir, french fleet sunk by the english fleet -
-1800 : Victory of Marengo (always Bonaparte)
-1805 : Victory of Ulm against Austrians
-1805 : Victory of AUSTERLITZ, against Austrians and Russians
-1806 : Victory of Iena, against Prussian
-1806 : Victory of Auerstädt against Prussians
-1807 : Victory of Eylau against Prussians and Russians
-1807 : Victory of Friedland against Russians
-1809 : Victory of Eckmühl against Austrians
-1809 : Victory of Wagram against Austrians
-1812 : Victory of La Moscowa against Russians
( of course, after, defeat at moscow, at Berezina, at Leipzig, and at least against UK, Netherlands and Prussia, at Waterloo)
-1830's : Beginning of the Conquest of Algeria...
-1854/1856 : Crimea War, in 1856 the French took Sebastopol.
-Invasion of the Future french Indochina (1859/1862)
-1859 : Victory of Magenta against Austria
-1859 : Victory of Solferino against Austria
-1863 : Fights of Camerone, in Mexico (04/30), 65 french legionnaires attacked by 2000 mexicans...the fight continue all the days,from 10 AM to 6 PM the French resist. 13 Legionnaires survived, and their mission successed. More than 600 mexicans were killed or wounded by the 65 french soldiers.
-1914/1918 : WWI : decisive victory of La Marne (09/5-10/1914), France stopped the german advance
From 1916 to 1917, battle of Verdun, the Germans want to crush the french army here, but they failed. 295,000 french soldiers died during this battle, and also 315,000 germans......carnage....
France won the war, with UK, Belgium, USA, Italy and the countries of the french and british empires.
It cost to France 1,500,000 dead.........
-1939/1945 : WWII, France and UK failed in Norway, and france is invaded in 1940. The french soldiers protected the evacuation of the british and french troops at Dunkirk. They sacrified their lives to that.
-1942, June : Bir Hakeim : France Free Forces - FFL - , lead by General Koenig, resisted against Rommel's army. Heroic resistance, in a big big big numeric inferiority. and after, fantastic retreat through the german lines to join the allied forces.
In north africa, French soldiers did a good job against Italians and Germans.
-11/27/1942 : the French Fleet, in Toulon, scuttle its ships, so they won't be catch by the Nazis.
-Italy : French entered in Roma, after helped the Polish to take Monte Cassino.
Liberation of the south-west of France, took of Berschtesgaden, Hitler's castle.
-1946/1954 : Indochina war. Some victories, but like the US in Vietnam, it's hard to win against a such ennmy. 11/20/1953 > 05/07/1954 : Dien Bien Phu : French army lost after an heroic fight - even radio Mosow, communist like Ho Chi Minh, stopped to insult the French when they saw how they fought, with panache coutage and honour. 5000 dead, 7000 will dead in detention, and fot the Viets, more (nobody know the exacts nubers). the battle opposed 15,000 french against maybe 100,000 Viets. Sme say that the Viets lost 12,000 men, some say that they lost more than 50,000.
-1954/1962 : Algeria war, 1957 : Battle of Alger, one of the most perfect urban fight of the History, the French took the city (the movie "the battle of Alger" was showed to the US HQ, to show how to proceed while an urban fight)
-1991 : Gulf war.
-Since : Operation for the UNO in the Balkans, in Africa - somalia, Ivory Coast, Haiti.......... -

France have the biggest european army, soldiers of a very good quality, good equipment - FAMAS rifle, Rafale fighter, Leclerc tank........ - so.....you have no rerason to say anything about it.

This message was really not to "show our french arrogance" , it was only to do a correction : I'm sick of always read on US board, that france is a loser nation, without victories...now you'll see it is wrong.
France won battles. and a lot.
Of course, there is no defeat - or not all - but it is not not the subject. but the important defeats are here too...(Azincourt, Waterloo...)

It is only to do a historic correction, not at all to "show our prestigious past". Be sure of it.
'de bye guys

I will add for the napoleonic wars : Bautzen, Lützen, Dresed, Somosierra, Vitoria, Medina de Rioseco , Essling, Aspern, Montereau, Ligny, Champeaubert, Maloiaroslavets, ............
about 50 battles in the Napoleonic wars, and around 40 french victories.

And for the fact that French won the french revolution because it was against french : Valmy, Jemmappes, Wattigny, Fleurus........not against French.......but victories....

Do you always think that France never won a war or a battle ?

SAid1
You forgot German nazis.

Maintenant aller manger la merde
they are dead now, bastard.
and French legion is still an elite corps.

And german nazis went here also to kick communist...like you

and don't speak of the Nazis : the man who made the V1 and V2 work at the nasa - Von Braun - , and lot of nazi Germans at the CIA....

and your automatuic translator does errors too....

padisha emperor said:
SAid1

they are dead now, bastard.
and French legion is still an elite corps.

And german nazis went here also to kick communist...like you

and don't speak of the Nazis : the man who made the V1 and V2 work at the nasa - Von Braun - , and lot of nazi Germans at the CIA....

and your automatuic translator does errors too....

That wasn't an automoatic translator, it was moi! :finger3:

Notice the tone as we move into MODERN history.

-1939/1945 : WWII, France and UK failed in Norway, and france is invaded in 1940. The french soldiers protected the evacuation of the british and french troops at Dunkirk. They sacrified their lives to that.
They couldn't win, so they, while trying to escape with the Brits take credit for "saving" the brits.... okay.

-1942, June : Bir Hakeim : France Free Forces - FFL - , lead by General Koenig, resisted against Rommel's army. Heroic resistance, in a big big big numeric inferiority. and after, fantastic retreat through the german lines to join the allied forces.

I like this one..... They call a retreat a victory?

In north africa, French soldiers did a good job against Italians and Germans.

Here they say "good". Not Great. Not Magnificent. Not Wonderous. Just "good". I can accept that.

-11/27/1942 : the French Fleet, in Toulon, scuttle its ships, so they won't be catch by the Nazis.

Again, they are losing so they sink their own ships and this is a victory. I love the French way of thinking.... lmfao! NOT!

-Italy : French entered in Roma, after helped the Polish to take Monte Cassino.

You keep acting like the French and Poles were the only ones at Monte Cassino. You better read up on your history....

Also, I love how the French love to take credit for what "foreigners" do under their flag. It was actually the Moroccan and Algerian soldiers (French Expeditionary Corps) that fought at Monte Cassino.

So I guess if we take Iraqi soldiers now and go whip up on Iran, the US can claim that as a US victory?

Liberation of the south-west of France, took of Berschtesgaden, Hitler's castle.

LFMAO!! I did a search in google checking to see if my historical recolection of the capture of Berschtesgaden was wrong and that it was, somehow, the French that captured it and you know what result I got? Well, THE ONLY reference to the French capturing Berschtesgaden was at USMESSAGEBOARD.com! LMFAO!!!

French Capture Berschtesgaden

-1946/1954 : Indochina war. Some victories, but like the US in Vietnam, it's hard to win against a such ennmy. 11/20/1953 > 05/07/1954 : Dien Bien Phu : French army lost after an heroic fight - even radio Mosow, communist like Ho Chi Minh, stopped to insult the French when they saw how they fought, with panache coutage and honour. 5000 dead, 7000 will dead in detention, and fot the Viets, more (nobody know the exacts nubers). the battle opposed 15,000 french against maybe 100,000 Viets. Sme say that the Viets lost 12,000 men, some say that they lost more than 50,000.

Again, a Frenchie is claiming a defeat as a victory. A loss is a loss, no matter how valiant the effort.

-1954/1962 : Algeria war, 1957 : Battle of Alger, one of the most perfect urban fight of the History, the French took the city (the movie "the battle of Alger" was showed to the US HQ, to show how to proceed while an urban fight)

Ditto. If it were a victory, Algeria would still be a colony. Yes?

-1991 : Gulf war.

The French Foreign Legion participated in the Gulf War and they really played no role. They were the extreme left flank of the assault and saw no action.

As for air support, the French did help SOME, but not much. No great victory to be claimed by the French here..... hmmmm I see a pattern.....

-Since : Operation for the UNO in the Balkans, in Africa - somalia, Ivory Coast, Haiti..........

LMFAO!!!

I only have one comment.... Ivory Coast - hmmmm didn't I recently read where French soldiers have been accused of decapitating citizens there? Me thinks so. No great victories here either.

freeandfun1 said:
Notice the tone as we move into MODERN history.

They couldn't win, so they, while trying to escape with the Brits take credit for "saving" the brits.... okay.

I like this one..... They call a retreat a victory?

Here they say "good". Not Great. Not Magnificent. Not Wonderous. Just "good". I can accept that.

Again, they are losing so they sink their own ships and this is a victory. I love the French way of thinking.... lmfao! NOT!

You keep acting like the French and Poles were the only ones at Monte Cassino. You better read up on your history....

Also, I love how the French love to take credit for what "foreigners" do under their flag. It was actually the Moroccan and Algerian soldiers (French Expeditionary Corps) that fought at Monte Cassino.

So I guess if we take Iraqi soldiers now and go whip up on Iran, the US can claim that as a US victory?

LFMAO!! I did a search in google checking to see if my historical recolection of the capture of Berschtesgaden was wrong and that it was, somehow, the French that captured it and you know what result I got? Well, THE ONLY reference to the French capturing Berschtesgaden was at USMESSAGEBOARD.com! LMFAO!!!

French Capture Berschtesgaden

Again, a Frenchie is claiming a defeat as a victory. A loss is a loss, no matter how valiant the effort.

Ditto. If it were a victory, Algeria would still be a colony. Yes?

The French Foreign Legion participated in the Gulf War and they really played no role. They were the extreme left flank of the assault and saw no action.

As for air support, the French did help SOME, but not much. No great victory to be claimed by the French here..... hmmmm I see a pattern.....

LMFAO!!!

I only have one comment.... Ivory Coast - hmmmm didn't I recently read where French soldiers have been accused of decapitating citizens there? Me thinks so. No great victories here either.

Wow, you rock Free! :rock:

padisha emperor said:
: the man who made the V1 and V2 work at the nasa - Von Braun -
He only designed the rocket, the V2, not the cruise missile, the V1.

He did more than work at NASA, he was the first director and served from 1960 to 1970.

His dream from childhood was to build rockets to take men to the moon. Once he was no longer in Nazi Germany, that is precisely what he did.

So he joined the Nazi party to work? So what?

You condemn him for that? Then I condemn your entire country.

In the days prior to the invention of refrigeration, french chefs developed the sauces for which their cuisine is still famous. What most accounts fail to mention is that these sauces were developed in order to mask the taste of rancid, spoiled meat so that the delicate palates of the aristocracy would not be offended.

Much like sauces masking a spoiled entree, today's french swagger and arrogance serve to mask a rotting society.

Merlin1047 said:
Much like sauces masking a spoiled entree, today's french swagger and arrogance serve to mask a rotting society.
Merlin,
While it is true about the French and their arrogance, it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Like all people in the world,on an individual level most are decent including the French. I have met some Americans who qualify as a$$holes in my limited travels to the US but ,again, most Americans are great people.

Freeandfun, the thing of Toulon in 1942 show to you that the french navy prefer sunk instead of be capture by the germans, and the french fleet did it.

nevermind, believe what you want.....

But the deny of history is negationism

like the Nazis

padisha emperor said:
Freeandfun, the thing of Toulon in 1942 show to you that the french navy prefer sunk instead of be capture by the germans, and the french fleet did it.

nevermind, believe what you want.....

But the deny of history is negationism

like the Nazis

Yeah and DENIAL is a river in Egypt.

hoho

For the Indochjina war : I just said that even if the french army finally lost - like in Vietnam for US - french army lost with honour, really, with a lot of honour, until the last bullet.......to follow the tradition of Bazeilles (1870) for the Troupes de Marine (Marines) and Camerone (1863) for the Légion Etrangère .

hoho

For the Indochjina war : I just said that even if the french army finally lost - like in Vietnam for US - french army lost with honour, really, with a lot of honour, until the last bullet.......to follow the tradition of Bazeilles (1870) for the Troupes de Marine (Marines) and Camerone (1863) for the Légion Etrangère .

Ho, ho, ho mon chum, the bulk of the French forces in Indochina were not exactly true blues now were they? Unless you consider Vietnamese conscripts, French legionnaires, and troops from the French colonies in Africa, including, ( but not limited to) Somalia, I think you're highly overestimating France's performance in Indochina - again.

if you reade something about Indochina war and Dien Bien Phu, the majority of the names are french, why ? because they are french : the Legion Etrangère, with a lot lot lot of french, and the colonial troops : The Troupes Coloniales are now the Troupes de Marine. But no foreigners in them. So, why this namer ? because these troops served into the Colonies - the first regiment was creat in 1622.
Of course, after, some people from the colonies served into these regiment, like the Tabors (morocco), Spahis (Sénégal), and other regiments from Algeria, Tchad...............

But they were a patr of the FRENCH ARMY. the indinas infantry serving for UK, the Birmans infantry, nobody will say : "that's not the british army". SAme thing for the French Army.

And In Indochina, except Dien Bien Phu and some others things around 1949/50, the French won a lot of battles and engagements.
Like the US from 1963 to 1973...

And the frnehc infantery from the colonies - morocco, algeria......... - were like the "real" french soldiers.
The most decorated regiment in the French Army : the RICM : now, Regiment d'Infanterie de Chars de Marine (Navy Tank Infantry regiment), but before : Regiment d'Infanterie Coloniale du Maroc (Morocco Colonial Infantry Regiment).
(It is the RICM who lost 5 soldiers about the 9 killed in Ivory Coast. It is one of the best regiment of the World)

padisha emperor said:
if you reade something about Indochina war and Dien Bien Phu, the majority of the names are french, why ? because they are french : the Legion Etrangère, with a lot lot lot of french, and the colonial troops : The Troupes Coloniales are now the Troupes de Marine. But no foreigners in them. So, why this namer ? because these troops served into the Colonies - the first regiment was creat in 1622.
Of course, after, some people from the colonies served into these regiment, like the Tabors (morocco), Spahis (Sénégal), and other regiments from Algeria, Tchad...............

But they were a patr of the FRENCH ARMY. the indinas infantry serving for UK, the Birmans infantry, nobody will say : "that's not the british army". SAme thing for the French Army.

And In Indochina, except Dien Bien Phu and some others things around 1949/50, the French won a lot of battles and engagements.
Like the US from 1963 to 1973...

And the frnehc infantery from the colonies - morocco, algeria......... - were like the "real" french soldiers.
The most decorated regiment in the French Army : the RICM : now, Regiment d'Infanterie de Chars de Marine (Navy Tank Infantry regiment), but before : Regiment d'Infanterie Coloniale du Maroc (Morocco Colonial Infantry Regiment).
(It is the RICM who lost 5 soldiers about the 9 killed in Ivory Coast. It is one of the best regiment of the World)

Do you remember what happened at Dien Bien Phu? I'm surprised you even brought that up.

I also didn't say it wasn't the French Army, I said a lot weren't actually Frenchmen - as in they were people living under french colonial rule fighting in the French Army for France. Why is that so insulting to you? And why to do you constantly downplay how badly the French were beaten in Indochina, which is specifically what I'm talking about, not French regiments in the Ivory Coast you silly tete de carre.

For me, the soldiers of the colonies fought for France, under french uniforms, with french officers. So, they're not different of the ohters.

And there is, still now, a rule in the Légion Etrangère : if a soldiers lost some blood - so, wounded - he become french. With the french nationality - it is god of course only for the no-french of the legion - .

Yes, I remember what happened at DBP.
Great defeat, of course.
Big tactical error. bad estimation of the ennemy (french did'nt think that they - Viet minh - were able to put their heavy guns on the hills)
But what I like in DBP, what I respect, totally, it is the sacrifice of these soldiers, the fight for the honour, until the last breath, with no white flag - so here your favourite joke about french army doesn't work - .
What I honor, it is the fact that when t-he zone was no more praticable, defeat was not avoidable, hundreds of soldiers wanted , wuihtout orders, to be dropped on the site. They were not paras.

I respect all these act of heroism. even radio moscou respect them when they saw that the french were heroic.

now, sometimes, heroic defeat, a tragic battles, it is the best way to create a good corps spirit. Bazeilles 1870 for the Troupes de Marine, Camerone 1863 for the Légion.
DBP, last and tragic battle for the Colonial troops and the Legion.

padisha emperor said:
For me, the soldiers of the colonies fought for France, under french uniforms, with french officers. So, they're not different of the ohters.

And there is, still now, a rule in the Légion Etrangère : if a soldiers lost some blood - so, wounded - he become french. With the french nationality - it is god of course only for the no-french of the legion - .

Yes, I remember what happened at DBP.
Great defeat, of course.
Big tactical error. bad estimation of the ennemy (french did'nt think that they - Viet minh - were able to put their heavy guns on the hills)
But what I like in DBP, what I respect, totally, it is the sacrifice of these soldiers, the fight for the honour, until the last breath, with no white flag - so here your favourite joke about french army doesn't work - .
What I honor, it is the fact that when t-he zone was no more praticable, defeat was not avoidable, hundreds of soldiers wanted , wuihtout orders, to be dropped on the site. They were not paras.

I respect all these act of heroism. even radio moscou respect them when they saw that the french were heroic.

now, sometimes, heroic defeat, a tragic battles, it is the best way to create a good corps spirit. Bazeilles 1870 for the Troupes de Marine, Camerone 1863 for the Légion.
DBP, last and tragic battle for the Colonial troops and the Legion.

Hey dish--how's that investigation into Chirac coming along ?

padisha emperor said:
hey, dillo, where are the WMD ?
where is the iraqi oil, except in US cars ?

so, shut up

Not sure where they hid the WMDs---maybe Syria--Iraqi oil goes to create a larger supply so gas prices EVERYWHERE can be cheaper.

Oh--sorry your politicians aren't getting rich on it anymore ( that we know of anyway)

padisha emperor said:
the WMD ? maybe also in Iran ? in Jordania ? in Saudi Arabia ? and when you'll have all the oil, you will see that there is no WMD? except the US ones...

ease up on the whine Dish-----good thing the US doesn't need to use WMDs huh?

Forum List

Back