Freelance Journalist Was Following Dream In Iraq

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Jan 17, 2006.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I've read a lot of her work the past year or two, it seemed quite fair to all parties (i.e. not being anti-US or anti-military).

She also reported searing dispatches about the devastation inflicted upon innocent Iraqi civilians by the insurgency and terrorists.

Her loss will be tragic for the Iraqi people, whom she eloquently represented in her reporting.

I just hope perhaps there is still a chance she can be rescued.

Though it looks highly doubtful, with the monsters who kidnapped her threatening her death unless their demands are met.

Sad may it be, we cannot give in those demands, only bring those who commit such horrible acts to a swift, deserved death and one-way ticket to hell.

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Love us or hate us, we don't kidnap young female journalists and threaten them with death.

3. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw on TV the clip of her asking for help...released by AlJeez...I noticed she was not wearing head cover...this was not a good sign...they have no respect for her...she is seen as a harlot to be destroyed...I remember when a female pilot was shot down in Iraq during the first Gulf War...she was raped repeatedly by the Iraq Army...If these are the same dudes...woe unto her...and if they are AlQueda...they will rape then remove her head!

4. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    [offtopic]The correct term is woe, not whoa. Woe means pity for a misfortune. Whoa is an interjection.[/offtopic]

If I ever find these cowardly sons of bitches, I swear that I will show no mercy. Now, as a Christian, I'm all about mercy, but I can only show so much before I start to run dry. Unless they surrendered to me first, I could saw off all their appendages with an olive fork and sleep well that night.

5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I saw that and a couple of other errors...'under her'...they have been corrected...as I was writing my daughter stopped by and asked for a ride home from work...too icy out...I have a four wheel drive...at any rate I saw it but had to leave...so when I came back to correct...oh oh the sp police busted me already! :spank3: :laugh:

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm not trying to be a downer here, but Daniel Pearl certainly meant to ge† out the Islamicist point of view. Nonetheless he lost his head and voice.

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I think she was trying to represent the voice of the Iraqi people, not the Iraqi and foreign terrorists/Islamists.

This is a good point though. Those who are outside of the Arab culture will find themselves in danger at the first mistake, such as trusting a politician with ties to the insurgents.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Not speaking for that journalist, but Pearl hadn't time to pick sides. His sin, being a jew from America. Although, I doubt the America part counted.

9. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    yes I was just reading about how his wife was furious at a reporter who revealed his "jewish" background, and she partly blames him for why he was executed.

i tend to agree sadly.

10. Mariner

Mariner Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    who risk their lives--and risk kidnapping--to try to bring us the news deserve as much respect as our armed forces in Iraq.

Mariner.