Freedom

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
www.townahll.com/columnists/brucebartlett/printbb20041018.shtml

A new study suggests that this election may be as much about freedom as anything else, with those placing the highest value on it increasingly identifying with the Republican party.

The report is titles, "The American Dream 2004" and was commissioned by the national League of Cities. it is based on a national public opinion survey completed in August. The purpose of the report was to find out wheter people still believe in the American Dream, whether it is still achievable and what it means.

The good news is that 63 % of Americans believe that they are presently living the American Dream. Moreover, 62 percent believe it is achievable for most Americans and 65 percent think their children have a good shot at it. Even among those who say that they are not living the Americna Dream themselves, 42 percent are fairly confident that they will achive it someday.

I suppose if Kerry wins, then there goes the American Dream down the tubes!!!!

janeeng said:
I suppose if Kerry wins, then there goes the American Dream down the tubes!!!!

The Dems don't care. The American Dream is "someone elses life" as far as they are concerned.

dilloduck said:
The Dems don't care. The American Dream is "someone elses life" as far as they are concerned.

I think democrats are worried when too many have the American Dream as it renders them irrelelvant.

Bonnie said:
I think democrats are worried when too many have the American Dream as it renders them irrelelvant.

Good point--when people are relatively comfortable they are less likely to vote for a change. Notice how the dems always point out how uncomfortable it is FOR SOMEONE ELSE and how Bushs' policies will hurt SOMEONE ELSE ?
The dems are fat and happy like everyone else. They just want power

dilloduck said:
Good point--when people are relatively comfortable they are less likely to vote for a change. Notice how the dems always point out how uncomfortable it is FOR SOMEONE ELSE and how Bushs' policies will hurt SOMEONE ELSE ?
The dems are fat and happy like everyone else. They just want power

If you look at Democrat campaign rederic, it's always about how horrible things are even if they are not, and how they are going to fix it for everyone from birth the death. Kind of freaky that bad news for the country is good news for them poltically?

who is the base of this country???

the middle class..
and who benefits the most from the republican party?
the richer middle class and upper class.

i think that our country needs to focus more on the less fortunate.. every day citizen starting with this new election.
more healthcare opportunity.. better education.. more hospitals.. etc.

the system we have now isn't doing what it should be for them.

i don't think people really realize what the hell is going on, and how poorly our country is doing.. unless they are personally affected by it.

many citizens..living in the midwest.. states that don't see that much change in their personal economy/environment.. just think everything the democrats are saying is propaganda.. its a shame.

relaxing909 said:

the middle class..

i think that our country needs to focus more on the less fortunate.. every day citizen starting with this new election.

i don't think people really realize what the hell is going on, and how poorly our country is doing.. unless they are personally affected by it.

many citizens..living in the midwest.. states that don't see that much change in their personal economy/environment.. just think everything the democrats are saying is propaganda.. its a shame.

It would lend your opinion more credence if you could support it with some factual evidence.

Your statement "many citizens..living in the midwest.. states that don't see that much change in their personal economy/environment.. just think everything the democrats are saying is propaganda" is completely baseless. Matter of fact, it is the very Democrat propoganda that you claim isn't there. Just because people don't buy the liberal lie doesn't mean that their thinking is defective or "sad".

Then you go into the usual liberal chant "more". That's always what it boils down to with leftists - they want the government to suckle them from cradle to the nursing home and beyond. You gave yourself away when you wrote "i think that our country needs to focus more on the less fortunate.. every day citizen starting with this new election. more healthcare opportunity.. better education.. more hospitals.. etc." It's always MORE, give me MORE, do MORE for me.

No one begrudges taking care of those unable to care for themselves. But for the rest, those folks need to get off their butts and do something more for themselves. This country did not thrive on government handouts. This country thrived on individual effort, hard work, ambition and independence. All the things that the Democratic party is against.

relaxing909 said:

the middle class..

You're doing nothing but spewing Kerry campaign talking points. Those of us that pay attention know it's total crap.

its alright hahah. i'll get ALL of you your 'web sites and facts' supporting my intial post.

no need to get all of your panties in a bunch!

;)

Forum List

Back