Zone1 Freed slave Booker T Washington became one of the greatest Americans WITHOUT reparations.

In his speech, Washington stated that African Americans should accept disenfranchisement and social segregation as long as white people allow them economic progress, educational opportunity and justice in the courts.
(1) Dr. Washington was a very wise man.

(2) He realized that the newly freed people needed time to grow into responsible citizens before they could be on an equal footing with the majority ethnicity.

(1) Dr. Washington was a very wise man.

(2) He realized that the newly freed people needed time to grow into responsible citizens before they could be on an equal footing with the majority ethnicity.
No one expects every Black American to become Booker T Washington. He was clearly an exceptional man and made logical decisions based on the times he was living in.

No one expects every Black American to become Booker T Washington. He was clearly an exceptional man and made logical decisions based on the times he was living in.
I think it’s fair, though, to expect every black American to at the minimum move from poverty (of the minority still mired in it) to the working class. (Obvious exceptions for mentally retarded or disabled people.) All they have to do is complete high school, obey laws, and not have babies until married and can afford it.

I think it’s fair, though, to expect every black American to at the minimum move from poverty (of the minority still mired in it) to the working class. (Obvious exceptions for mentally retarded or disabled people.) All they have to do is complete high school, obey laws, and not have babies until married and can afford it.
I believe organizations like Project H.O.O.D are critical to breaking the cycle. The government obviously has no answers as LBJ and the Democrats have largely contributed to the problems. Reparations will solve NOTHING, just take a look at what happens to lottery winners for proof.

I believe organizations like Project H.O.O.D are critical to breaking the cycle. The government obviously has no answers as LBJ and the Democrats have largely contributed to the problems. Reparations will solve NOTHING, just take a look at what happens to lottery winners for proof.
Absolutely. Blacks need to depend on themselves to solve their problems rather than look to reparations - which is just a wealth transfer from whites to blacks.

Forum List

Back