Free trade explained very very simply:

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
If China invents a cure for cancer and does not practice free trade, 50% of Americans will continue to die of cancer.

Free trade explained even more simply...if workers in Indonesia make $1 an hour doing the same job as an American worker making $20 per hour, all else being equal, which country produces the less expensive...and by extension, more desirable product.

Unregulated free trade will be the answer to all questions when labor is mobile. Untill then, free trade must meet with fair trade under certain circumstances.
I for one don't appreciate open borders and globalization.
Your use of emotion on a very complex subject is desperate to say the least.
I predict my response will be " too stupid and liberal" lol

Free trade explained even more simply...if workers in Indonesia make $1 an hour doing the same job as an American worker making $20 per hour, all else being equal, which country produces the less expensive...and by extension, more desirable product.

dear, we have 95% employment even with Asians making 10% of what we make. Do you have the IQ to understand?

Unregulated free trade will be the answer to all questions when labor is mobile. Untill then, free trade must meet with fair trade under certain circumstances.

dear stupid, you did not respond to OP but rather tried to change subject because you are too stupid to respond to op. How will you learn if you are afraid to try??

dear stupid, you did not respond to OP but rather tried to change subject because you are too stupid to respond to op. How will you learn if you are afraid to try??

Your attacking the poster is changing the subject.

:dunno:

:dunno:

And stagnant or negative wages for how many years?

And almost 100 million over 16 years of age out of the workforce...neither employed nor looking for work?

You need to educate yourself before attempting to insult anyones intelligence.

Think for yourself.

If China invents a cure for cancer and does not practice free trade, 50% of Americans will continue to die of cancer.
Gee, that's amazing. Especially since only 21 percent of Americans die from cancer.

Next dumb topic, please.

for all the years until we switch back to capitalism. We could eliminate the corporate tax tomorrow and bring back 20 million jobs and huge upward pressure on wages. Do you have the IQ to understand??

This is how you prove your point? By insulting anyone who disagrees?

You do more damage to your own cause this way than any of us could do.

Pray continue to display your overwhelming intellect and expert debating skills...I'll be over here attempting to contain my mirth.

for all the years until we switch back to capitalism. We could eliminate the corporate tax tomorrow and bring back 20 million jobs and huge upward pressure on wages. Do you have the IQ to understand??

jobs lost to outsourcing are lost forever ... apparently you don't have the IQ to fathom that

This is how you prove your point? By insulting anyone who disagrees?

You do more damage to your own cause this way than any of us could do.

Pray continue to display your overwhelming intellect and expert debating skills...I'll be over here attempting to contain my mirth.

Don't be too hard on Granny. She's a very old woman with some significant medicinal habits. Don't let the username fool you.

See what I mean? I just posted in another thread that corporations don't pay taxes, they pass those costs on to the end consumer...which is absolutely true. Although I seriously doubt that eliminating corporate tax would bring back any jobs. Show me some proof of this contention...other than Sean Hannity told me.

Try defending your positions without the insults...if you can.

Low skilled, low tech manufacturing should be done by low skilled, low paid laborers. If you want to make big bucks, you need a big education and employment in high tech industries.

They are called "developing countries" for a reason. They do not have the infrastructure, education, or innovation skill set of advanced countries. But they have hordes of low skilled, low paid laborers. That's their only advantage and they will exploit it to the max. Seeing those hordes elevated out of an abject existence is not a bad thing.

We can't sit still. We have to constantly move ahead. What was the wiz-bang tech yesterday is low tech old hat tomorrow. Sooner or later, your job is going to move to those countries which have developed.

You have to stay ahead of the power curve, and that means education and research and the protection of patents.

The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are over, kids.

Forum List

Back