Free Educations for All

Notice how 'dragon' puts his fingers in his ears to ignore the actually Constitutional argument that applies here.

LOL

Dragon also ignores the fact that less than 1% of students in Sweden are selected to go to the public universities. Europe has FAR less students, on a percentage basis, attending 4-year degree programs. The elite are educated, the masses are not.

European education is broken into tiers beyond American education. A 1 year degree is more common in most of Europe, a 4 year degree, less common. Leftist will cite a 30% college graduate rate in the UK, for instance, but that is not a rate of Bachelor level, rather it is lower standards than American Associate level, glorified trade school, in other words.

Actually, if we expect people to get an education to prepare our work force, and if we make obtaining a good income contingent on having a good education, then education should be free. There's no getting around that.

It's easy to "get around" that.

When did a good income become a right?

Who says I "expect" you to get a good education? Employers aren't going to hire you unless you are qualified, but how does that make me responsible for your education? I fail to see the connection.

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) - Campus police pepper-sprayed as many as 30 demonstrators after Santa Monica College students angry over a plan to offer high-priced courses tried to push their way into a trustees meeting, authorities said.

Raw video posted on the Internet Tuesday evening showed students chanting "Let us in, let us in" and "No cuts, no fees, education should be free."
My Way News - Students angry over pricey courses pepper-sprayed

Shouldnt it though.....................Pre-school, education, food, medical care, housing, employment, and retirement too........these are basic human rights !!!

For the Public Good !!!!!!! lol

Like I have said in previous posts - progressives have absolutely no concept of wealth..

"Things" should just be free in their little ignorant world. Of course it will be the government that makes these "things" free of charge. Then they call themselves liberals???

I didn't know relying on government - hence the taxpayer is "liberal."

Fucking idiots...

It has never been like that in America

It has never before been the case here that a college degree was a prerequisite for a good income, either.

The one requires the other.

However, I don't "require" anyone to make a good income. That's their problem. Not mine.

In the first place, your claim isn't true. You can still make good money without a college education.

In the second place, even if it was true, that's what happens when you hand out college diplomas like so many baseball cards. When everyone has got one, it becomes a basic requirement of employment.

Actually, if we expect people to get an education to prepare our work force, and if we make obtaining a good income contingent on having a good education, then education should be free. There's no getting around that.

And if the union professors would take a cut in pay the prices would not be so high. Most professors make over 100K and that is before benefits !

Do you honestly think that if professors take a 50% pay cut it would reduce tuition by 50%?

Privileges available in this society are many...

And yet none of you can name one.

But you are certain education is not one.

Interesting.

You have the privilege to get married, drive a car, etc.

Are you pretending to be ignorant or is this natural?

And again, none of those are unique to America. You can get married and drive a car in France.

What unique privilege do you get for being an American citizen?

Grading can be so unfair, discriminatory and classist.................

And it damages the ego's and self image of the less capable.......

This insensitivity needs to be addressed............lol

And yet none of you can name one.

But you are certain education is not one.

Interesting.

And again, none of those are unique to America. You can get married and drive a car in France.

What unique privilege do you get for being an American citizen?

The unique privilege is that it is here in THIS free society... there are many countries that have the same privileges (if not always the same rights)...

And you don't just GET a privilege handed to you... it is something you take advantage of, strive toward, or maybe not

And if the union professors would take a cut in pay the prices would not be so high. Most professors make over 100K and that is before benefits !

Do you honestly think that if professors take a 50% pay cut it would reduce tuition by 50%?

In theory the idea should work...

Of course in practice it wouldn't... Not with union goons and other greedy lunatics running amuck.

American education needs to move away from math, science, history and literature and focus more on social justice, equality, diversity, bullying and the benefits of agrarian communes...............

For the people !!!

Of course in practice it wouldn't... Not with union goons and other greedy lunatics running amuck.

No. It shouldn't. Not in theory or in practice. Professor pay is a VERY small portion of the total costs of a university. Slashing professor pay will do VERY little to affect the cost of high education.

Commies just can't understand the difference between actual rights and privileges.

It's why we have the second amendment. If Obama and his agenda and groupies isn't a clear example of what the second amendment is intended for, then someone please tell me what would be justification.

We got too many parasitic rat humans on planet Earth and on our backs pulling us all down. We really need to cull the herd, it's been too long. Too many people think they are like the physically and mentally impaired and need special consideration and help.

Unless you are blind, crippled, or retarded, you are a beggar if you expect others to pay your bills. Listen, libtards, don't give the rest of us a reason to take out the trash. Show some self respect and grow the fuck up. Maybe 18 is too low for some to become an adult?

And again, none of those are unique to America.

I said nothing about this being unique to America.

You asked a question, and you were educated.

Actually, I asked it specifically in regards to the uniqueness of American and us supposedly being the greatest country on the planet. If we offer no special rights and no special privileges to our citizens, and you all seem dead set against us offering any, then ... how can anyone claim we are the greatest country?

No. It shouldn't. Not in theory or in practice. Professor pay is a VERY small portion of the total costs of a university. Slashing professor pay will do VERY little to affect the cost of high education.

Dude, universities get millions in alumni contributions....

I don't know what they do with that money - I'm sure the indoctrination professionals get some of it...

I'm obviously opposed to free taxpayer funded education but many universities are "rich."

Last edited:

Dude, universities get millions in alumni contributions....

I don't know what they do with that money - I'm sure the indoctrination professionals get some of it...

I'm obviously opposed to free taxpayer funded education but many universities are "rich."

Yes, we know you are opposed to it, like many others here. What I find interesting, is that many of you also trumpet that America is the greatest country on the planet, yet can't come up with one specific, unique privilege that American citizens get that citizens of other countries don't get. Additionally, no country in the history of the planet has succeeded and been successful while not having the most intelligent populace around.

Basically, you're claiming we're the greatest, not saying why and moving to undermine one of the main elements that lead to our success as a nation.

Forum List

Back