Free Educations for All

Lol the US was one of the first countries to provide "free" k-12 education. It helped to build a better workforce and gave America a competitive edge. An employer needs people who can read, write, add, problem solve, etc.

Not even close to true.

America operated on a community education system for the first 150 years. Communities usually built schools for the common education of their children. The state generally had no involvement, the federal government certainly had none.

What changed was the embracing of the Prussian educational system, a systematic method of enforcing a de facto caste system.

{Modern compulsory schooling began in Prussia in 1819, the first time in human history that education was foisted upon a nation by force. The goals were simple: obedient soldiers to the army, subservient workers to the mines, submissive civil servants to the government, compliant clerks to industry and citizens who thought alike about major issues. The results were no doubt pleasing to the Prussian ruling elites; industry boomed and warfare was successful.

In Prussia, the Volksshule educated 92 percent of the children. Its purpose was not to develop the intellect, but to socialize the children in obedience and subordination. Only eight percent of children were schooled in Real Schulen. For the masses, intellectual development was seen as the major contributing factor causing armies to lose battles.}

Compulsory Government Education: Origins and Solutions - Anti-School Articles

The basis and PURPOSE of the American mal-education system is modeled on the Prussian system.

American government schools exist to train the masses in obedience.

Nice how you derailed into "compulsory" and pretended that's the same thing. Change the conversation every time you can't dispute with facts?

And you link to a nut job conspiracy theory site to back yourself up? Lol

Here. Read up, take special notice of the dates.

History of education in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the New England colonies required towns to set up schools, and many did so. In 1642 the Massachusetts Bay Colony made "proper" education compulsory; other New England colonies followed. Similar statutes were adopted in other colonies in the 1640s and 1650s. The schools were all male, with few facilities for girls.

Yes, compulsory schooling was brought into America in 1819, then forced on children retroactively all the way back to 1642!!!

Those damned liberals and their time machines!!!

Privileges available in this society are many...

And yet none of you can name one.

But you are certain education is not one.

Interesting.

You have the privilege to get married, drive a car, etc.

Are you pretending to be ignorant or is this natural?

DontBeStupid challenged someone to name him a privilege available in this society, as we see from the above string.

He got his answer, which was rather embarrassingly easy to provide.

Now he is pretending he did not ask such a question.

LOL

And again, none of those are unique to America.

I said nothing about this being unique to America.

You asked a question, and you were educated.

Actually, I asked it specifically in regards to the uniqueness of American and us supposedly being the greatest country on the planet. If we offer no special rights and no special privileges to our citizens, and you all seem dead set against us offering any, then ... how can anyone claim we are the greatest country?

Your twisted argument seems to be that the greatness of America is to be defined by special rights and special privileges.

You are a dick.

And yet none of you can name one.

But you are certain education is not one.

Interesting.

DontBeStupid challenged someone to name him a privilege available in this society, as we see from the above string.

LOL

No. I am not pretending I didn't ask it. Clearly I asked it, and anyone can scroll back and see that.

Just like they can scroll back and see I didn't ask it in a vacuum, which is what you are pretending. It was asked in regard to what makes America the greatest country and what privileges we get here because of that. If you honestly think "get married, drive a car" is an adequate response to why we are the greatest country, then we are in serious trouble as a nation.

No. It shouldn't. Not in theory or in practice. Professor pay is a VERY small portion of the total costs of a university. Slashing professor pay will do VERY little to affect the cost of high education.

Dude, universities get millions in alumni contributions....

I don't know what they do with that money - I'm sure the indoctrination professionals get some of it...

I'm obviously opposed to free taxpayer funded education but many universities are "rich."

Yes, we know you are opposed to it, like many others here. What I find interesting, is that many of you also trumpet that America is the greatest country on the planet, yet can't come up with one specific, unique privilege that American citizens get that citizens of other countries don't get. Additionally, no country in the history of the planet has succeeded and been successful while not having the most intelligent populace around.

Basically, you're claiming we're the greatest, not saying why and moving to undermine one of the main elements that lead to our success as a nation.

Take a look at my Bill of Rights..............

My country was founded on freedom from government, freedom of theocracy...

So yeah, I have ten reasons to assert how the United States in reality is different from the rest of the world...

LOL

No. I am not pretending I didn't ask it. Clearly I asked it.

Good. That is settled.

I take pride in having the ability to speak my mind and debate others openly...

I think its great people have the freedom to practice religion and can say what they want when they want.

This is freedom.... (or it should be)...

Now my government wants to regulate me - as an individual???

Fuck that...

It's liberty or death as far as I see it...

I said nothing about this being unique to America.

You asked a question, and you were educated.

Actually, I asked it specifically in regards to the uniqueness of American and us supposedly being the greatest country on the planet. If we offer no special rights and no special privileges to our citizens, and you all seem dead set against us offering any, then ... how can anyone claim we are the greatest country?

Your twisted argument seems to be that the greatness of America is to be defined by special rights and special privileges.

You are a dick.

How does that make me a dick? If our citizens have the same rights and privileges as citizens in other countries, then what's so special? You still haven't addressed that.

why do they think people should teach them for free? There is an easy way to get a free education, go to a library and pick up a book.

why do they think people should teach them for free? There is an easy way to get a free education, go to a library and pick up a book.

If the alumni want to sponsor students I could care less or if the university in question wants to pay for whomever....

How does that make me a dick? If our citizens have the same rights and privileges as citizens in other countries, then what's so special? You still haven't addressed that.

Here is a document that you have never seen before, yet you expend a vast amount of energy to dismantle.

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

It explains those rights guaranteed by our government that are not respected in most other nations.

Educate yourself, at least learn what it is you wish to destroy.

Here is a document that you have never seen before, yet you expend a vast amount of energy to dismantle.

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

It explains those rights guaranteed by our government that are not respected in most other nations.

Educate yourself, at least learn what it is you wish to destroy.

heh heh cute.

You could have just said you don't know.

heh heh cute.

You could have just said you don't know.

If I didn't know, I'd vote for Obama - the universal mark of stupidity.

So sparky, tell the class which of the European "Peoples Republics" have the following:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) - Campus police pepper-sprayed as many as 30 demonstrators after Santa Monica College students angry over a plan to offer high-priced courses tried to push their way into a trustees meeting, authorities said.

Raw video posted on the Internet Tuesday evening showed students chanting "Let us in, let us in" and "No cuts, no fees, education should be free."
My Way News - Students angry over pricey courses pepper-sprayed

Shouldnt it though.....................Pre-school, education, food, medical care, housing, employment, and retirement too........these are basic human rights !!!

For the Public Good !!!!!!! lol

It shouldn't be free. It should be paid back by money taken out of your paycheck like we do with social security. You get 60 hours to take whatever educational/vocational/work related coursework you want from accredited schools and over your earning lifetime, the price of your education is deducted on each paycheck. Obviously this will translate into a wider expanding tax base so the sixty hours (or equivalent) will be expanded to all four years of college after it proves to be superior to the survival of the fittest mentality that some have for education.

What you will see is a proliferation of skilled and engaged citizens and an America more ready to face the 21st century.

Wanting to make education less attainable is a recipe for disaster. I'm amazed that so many are for such an obviously bad idea.

When did a good income become a right?

When those with really really good incomes developed a healthy desire not to hang from lampposts.

So you believe in the law of the jungle? Is that what you're saying? People deserve to take what others have if they can get a sufficiently large mob to go along with them?

Is this the superior "civilized" moral code of the leftwinger?

Solve the problem. A free education which will be worth what you paid for it and an education for which people pay tuition which will be worth what they pay for it.

When did a good income become a right?

When those with really really good incomes developed a healthy desire not to hang from lampposts.

So you believe in the law of the jungle? Is that what you're saying? People deserve to take what others have if they can get a sufficiently large mob to go along with them?

Is this the superior "civilized" moral code of the leftwinger?

It has always been so.

The idea of working harder, putting in longer hours, applying one's self is way too difficult when it can just be taken from someone else.

It shouldn't be free. It should be paid back by money taken out of your paycheck like we do with social security. You get 60 hours to take whatever educational/vocational/work related coursework you want from accredited schools and over your earning lifetime, the price of your education is deducted on each paycheck. Obviously this will translate into a wider expanding tax base so the sixty hours (or equivalent) will be expanded to all four years of college after it proves to be superior to the survival of the fittest mentality that some have for education.

What you will see is a proliferation of skilled and engaged citizens and an America more ready to face the 21st century.

Wanting to make education less attainable is a recipe for disaster. I'm amazed that so many are for such an obviously bad idea.

Da, comrade!

Yeah, social security is in really good health. That's a great program right there. Lets do college on that plan. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back