Freaky Russian Weather

Sep 12, 2008
Russia usually gets very few tornados. This year, however has been very strange as there has been a rash of them, the latest in Novisibirsk.

The US gets lots of them because we have large plains between the Gulf and Canada. Large amounts of hot moist air meets large areas of cold dry air, and the temperature and moisture differentials cause huge storms. Russia's hot areas are also very dry. You don't see the levels of heat and moisture differential that we have there.

Anyway, even though I think Global Warming is a hoax, it is interesting to see a new weather pattern this year.

1_010.jpg

The strange thing about weather, it's unpredictable. Places that "rarely get ..." whatever, key word is rarely. They do still get them, and no matter where you are you can have "seasons" of such different weather, but it's bound to happen sometimes no matter how rare. For instance we rarely have snow where I am, but we've had snow the last three years, each year it's been getting closer to "normal", wet and mild winters, but we just had a season of cold for a bit is all.

Very true. Weather is variable. While I have nothing but contempt for those who take small data sets and go weird places with them, I have even more contempt for those who ignore data that won't fit their agenda. This has been a very weird weather year for Russia, which is pretty darn big. They usually get one every ten years or so, but this is like the 12th this year. Of course, by US standards, you kind of wonder what the fuss is about.

So while Algore may be an overflowing crock, This is interesting.

Very true. Weather is variable. While I have nothing but contempt for those who take small data sets and go weird places with them, I have even more contempt for those who ignore data that won't fit their agenda. This has been a very weird weather year for Russia, which is pretty darn big. They usually get one every ten years or so, but this is like the 12th this year. Of course, by US standards, you kind of wonder what the fuss is about.

And I believe people like yourself that address issues without any kind of research are overflowing crocks.:lol:

And I believe people like yourself that address issues without any kind of research are overflowing crocks.:lol:

and I believe those who gag on Gore's cock like you are also overflowing crooks.

Russia usually gets very few tornados. This year, however has been very strange as there has been a rash of them, the latest in Novisibirsk.

The US gets lots of them because we have large plains between the Gulf and Canada. Large amounts of hot moist air meets large areas of cold dry air, and the temperature and moisture differentials cause huge storms. Russia's hot areas are also very dry. You don't see the levels of heat and moisture differential that we have there.

Anyway, even though I think Global Warming is a hoax, it is interesting to see a new weather pattern this year.

1_010.jpg

Russia is beautiful!!! :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back