Franken: 'So thrilled' at Minn. Senate race win

See, things aren't always black and white. I had a new neighbor threaten me with a baseball bat. He invited me over, I got a bad vibe from the drunk and left, and a half hour later he came over telling me to give him back his money or else. I didn't take shit. I called the cops and he didn't come to the door when they knocked. I wanted to tell him face to face I didn't take shit and let the cops see how drunk and irrational he was. I also didn't want him to hit me with a baseball bat. So, later that night someone beat him within an inch of his life. Was he wrong for threatening me with a baseball bat? Yes. If I did go B&E and A&B him, would I be wrong for doing it? Maybe. Of course a jury woudl have convicted me, but all my cop buddies say he had it coming for what he did earlier. But technically I could have gone to prison and been a convicted felon if I did do such a thing, but I'm not saying I did, but the cops decided to not persue the charges. Insufficient evidence. Plus witnesses placed me at their establishments at the time of the attack. Plus he said he only thought it was me. He wasn't sure. :eusa_shhh:

someone threaten you with a bat Bo?.....you need help bro. im right here....im a great coat holder....:lol:

After "someone" beat him up, I didn't see him for a month. Finally I saw him, and I tried to walk the other way and he said, "yo dude, hey bro, come here, we're cool, right? I got no beef with you, but! I know who beat the shit out of me, and I'm going to wait a long time before I get him back, but I will get him back".

My heart sunk. I wanted to kick his ass again (not that i did it the first time but) so I took a deep breath and thought for a second and said, "well wait a minute buddy, just remember YOU attacked me with a baseball bat and I never retaliated against you. You were acting like a real asshole that night so maybe you deserved what you had coming. Maybe you should just let it go"?

That was about 2 years ago now. I'm hoping he doesn't hold a grudge. :eusa_pray:

:lol:

the whole fricking democwatic party is a sellout,, sellout the US of KKKA.. go ACORN

What exactly are you implying Willow? Are you saying:

The USA is racist?

The Dems are racist?

Are you suggesting the GOP are not sellouts? So now you are the naive one. It doesn't matter Willow baby. They're all the same. Or now do you see the difference? Oh, funny how I'm silly for seeing a difference but not you.

Are Republicans sellouts Willblow?

Bobo for a guy who says they are all the same....you sure support the Dems ....if they are the same,but just screwing us in a different position....should you not be with all the people here rallying against both parties?.....or are you just too used to Dem. buttholes?.....i know its tough to break away....but you can do it Bo.....

Great question. The answer is no, I should not be on here saying that they are exactly the same, because they are not.

There are times when I'm unhappy with the Dems for doing exactly what the Republicans do, yes, that is true, but the parties are as different as night and day.

We need more liberal voters. In those red states that recently turned blue, we have blue dog democrats who basically sellout to corporations very quickly/easily because if not, they will be defeated the next time they run. They might lose anyways, but they will for sure lose if the healthcare giants campaign against them.

So the solution is to vote out scum like that in the Democratic primaries. Have another Democrat replace them. The solution is NEVER to have the GOP win because then we lose.

Just notice every issue. Can we get Republicans to bring jobs back home? Hell no. They like NAFTA. They like free trade. Can we get Dems to fix NAFTA? Maybe. It wont' be easy, but at least their supporters (us) are askin them to do it.

What do you ask for? Continue giving the rich and corporations tax breaks.

Don't even give me that shit about less spending. You didn't give a rats ass about spending when it was the GOP doing the spending.

What else do you argue for? Oh yea, continue the Iraq war. We need to stay. Remember you guys argued for YEARS to continue the occupation? Now you probably want Obama to exit immediately. NOW you care about how much it is costing.

And you never once cried about how much Iraq was going to raise your taxes, so since we are leaving, I guess you can afford to pay for Cap and Trade now. :lol:

Turns out no matter how hard you try, no one is buying your ACORN bullshit.

Just like they didn't care when the GOP stole Florida and Ohio.

Now you care? Fuck off loser. I hope you blow up lighting fireworks this weekend. Or at least your fingers so you can't type this bullshit.

And go enlist in the military coward. :lol:

Bobo you just got through saying in another thread how the right wing talkers spew hate.....are you any different,Mr. Lefty?.....

Notice my hate speech won't resort in anyone getting killed Harry. You should write to hate mongers like O'Reilly, Hannity, Coulter, Savage & Rush if you care so much.

Notice we don't hate anyone enough to go kill a doctor. I don't give a fuck what he's doing Harry. Nothing you say will get me to go commit murder.

In the GOP's world, we are free, just as long as we follow their rules. They don't even care what the laws are. They don't care what the law says about abortion, spying on us, taking away rights or torture. They think laws are meant to be bent. And they are supposedly pro life but condoln murder.

Remember Palin was "rallying" the troops when someone in the audience yelled, "string em up"?

Yea, no one has ever said "string em up" after one of my tyrades. So relax Harry....while I tea bag you for being sooo stupid.

PS. How was your 4th? Did you blow up any fingers or is that just arthritis?

Not in Blue Dog States. Those Dems won despite those areas being typically Red. So it will be easy for the lobbyists/corporations/GOP to beat those Blue Dogs if they don't do what they are told.

I think the GOP/lobbyists will work hard to defeat them anyways, so they may as well work with the Dems while they can. Plus, the DMC should tell those blue dogs either work with us or we will defeat you.

We need our own Tom Delay. Instead we got Pelosi/Reed. Two wimps. LOL.

so in other words Bobo...you want someone who will tow the line and follow orders....what happened to you saying "us libs think for ourselves?....you righties all tow the line"....??

Both of those barbs have been tossed from one side to the other and from what I've seen neither side has all its members in line and both sides are complaining constantly about "traitors" in their party.

Sorry Erik but I'm a dem making fun of my own party. I wouldn't admit it if it weren't true.

Bush never had 60 votes and look at all that he was able to accomplish. He got everything he wanted. And the GOP broke pork records before the Dems took over in 2006, yet Bush never veto'ed one thing they sent him.

So look at it either like the Dems are sellouts or that Dems are willing to work with the GOP.

The GOP (Tom Delay) ruled with an iron fist and if you voted against him, your career was over. He would allow guys like McCain to vote against a bill if it were unpopular back home, but only if it were going to pass regardless. So that's how come "mavericks" like McCain were able to vote against Bush 20% of the time. They all took turns.

So on important things like healthcare reform, the Dems need to rule with an iron fist too. If blue dogs think it'll be hard to win if they vote against the insurance companies, they better understand what it will mean to have the Democratic party and all of us voters campaigning against them.

Remember McCain's bullshit campaign speech about pork spending? He said, "I will tell the people your names and make you famous".

Well we are doing that with the blue dogs that vote against us. Sure, if you want to vote against us on certain things, that's fine, but on major reform when we voted them in to change? They gotta toe the line.

Here are some sellout Dems:

These Democratic Senators have NOT agreed to support it:
Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)

Senator Tom Carper (D-DE)

Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA)

Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)

Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL)

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA)

Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND)

Senator Max Baucus (D-MT)

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)

These names are reported by The Hill

Update: Senator Kay Hagan (D-NC) says she supports a public option.
Update: Senator Jeff Binghaman (D-NM) says he supports a public option.

The Dems need to:

Bring jobs back home/Fix nafta.

Fix healthcare

Help unions/labor

Fix Global warming

These are 4 things we refuse to allow blue dog democrats to go along with the GOP on. If they make it so there is no real change, then we will campaign against them.

Not in Blue Dog States. Those Dems won despite those areas being typically Red. So it will be easy for the lobbyists/corporations/GOP to beat those Blue Dogs if they don't do what they are told.

I think the GOP/lobbyists will work hard to defeat them anyways, so they may as well work with the Dems while they can. Plus, the DMC should tell those blue dogs either work with us or we will defeat you.

We need our own Tom Delay. Instead we got Pelosi/Reed. Two wimps. LOL.

so in other words Bobo...you want someone who will tow the line and follow orders....what happened to you saying "us libs think for ourselves?....you righties all tow the line"....??

I was jealous.

well Derek i cant get in there to Suck.....your heads in the way....

You mean after I go to the trouble to design an elaborate post,
and stoop to your level to discuss cock sucking, all I get is,

"I can't get in there to Suck.....your heads in the way..."

So is that best you've got? I don't know why sealybobo wastes his time with you.
He should put you on "ignore,"
I'd rather watch the "Brady Bunch" than read you. Brady has better writing.

Last edited:
I kind of, sort of feel bad for the people of MN who didn't vote for the Franken Freak...

I'm laughing my ass of at the ones who did...LOL

Aaaahh yes, they should be SO PROUD of themselves that THIS is the moronic buffoon they elected... yeah, he REALLY LOOKS like the kind of person you want representing your state... how freaking PATHETIC people must be....

3486478282_4c391347b1_o.jpg

I kind of, sort of feel bad for the people of MN who didn't vote for the Franken Freak...

Aaaahh yes, they should be SO PROUD of themselves that THIS is the moronic buffoon they elected... yeah, he REALLY LOOKS like the kind of person you want representing your state... how freaking PATHETIC people must be....

More wingnut fail:

Here's yet another example of how Republicans across the country are becoming just a little unbalanced over the victory of Sen.-elect Al Franken.

Last week, soon after Franken's win became official, Cincinnati Enquirer columnist Peter Bronson put up a blog post that included a curious photo of Franken in an adult diaper, wearing bunny ears and holding a teddy bear. Bronson suggested Republicans use this photo for an ad, with the heading: "Is this who you want making decisions about your health care?"

The thing is, though, the photo is a fake. It was doctored up by the Ohio Republican Party back in 2006, in an attempt to attack Democrat Sherrod Brown for campaigning with Franken in Brown's Senate race, using Franken's face from a 2004 AP file photo of him at his radio show desk. And the Enquirer itself reported this at the time. In an indication of just how successful the attack was, Brown easily won the race.

Funny thing: The title of Bronson's blog is "Bronson is Always Right." I'll also say that I have something in common with Republicans, in that I kind of wish this photo were real -- but probably for a much different reason than they do.

Late Update:: The Enquirer has now replaced the photo, with a pic of Franken in the role of Stuart Smalley. "Note: This picture replaces an earlier one that was photoshopped (Franken in a diaper)," the editorial note says. "We don't knowingly use false pictures."

Late Late Update: The Enquirer now appears to have taken the whole post down -- the link above resolves to the main page of Bronson's blog. Bronson -- who is always right, of course -- has put up a new blog post (for now) admitting that the diaper photo isn't real, and explaining that he replaced it with a Stuart Smalley pic. This new post, in which he admits his own error, is entitled "Changing Al Franken's diaper."

Republican Columnist Uses Fake Franken Photo | TPMDC

After "someone" beat him up, I didn't see him for a month. Finally I saw him, and I tried to walk the other way and he said, "yo dude, hey bro, come here, we're cool, right? I got no beef with you, but! I know who beat the shit out of me, and I'm going to wait a long time before I get him back, but I will get him back".

My heart sunk. I wanted to kick his ass again (not that i did it the first time but) so I took a deep breath and thought for a second and said, "well wait a minute buddy, just remember YOU attacked me with a baseball bat and I never retaliated against you. You were acting like a real asshole that night so maybe you deserved what you had coming. Maybe you should just let it go"?

That was about 2 years ago now. I'm hoping he doesn't hold a grudge. :eusa_pray:

geezus Bobo i thought this was like last week....i was ready to get on a plane and come and kick some ass with the Bobo.....:lol:

Great question. The answer is no, I should not be on here saying that they are exactly the same, because they are not.

There are times when I'm unhappy with the Dems for doing exactly what the Republicans do, yes, that is true, but the parties are as different as night and day.

We need more liberal voters. In those red states that recently turned blue, we have blue dog democrats who basically sellout to corporations very quickly/easily because if not, they will be defeated the next time they run. They might lose anyways, but they will for sure lose if the healthcare giants campaign against them.

So the solution is to vote out scum like that in the Democratic primaries. Have another Democrat replace them. The solution is NEVER to have the GOP win because then we lose.

Just notice every issue. Can we get Republicans to bring jobs back home? Hell no. They like NAFTA. They like free trade. Can we get Dems to fix NAFTA? Maybe. It wont' be easy, but at least their supporters (us) are askin them to do it.

What do you ask for? Continue giving the rich and corporations tax breaks.

Don't even give me that shit about less spending. You didn't give a rats ass about spending when it was the GOP doing the spending.

What else do you argue for? Oh yea, continue the Iraq war. We need to stay. Remember you guys argued for YEARS to continue the occupation? Now you probably want Obama to exit immediately. NOW you care about how much it is costing.

And you never once cried about how much Iraq was going to raise your taxes, so since we are leaving, I guess you can afford to pay for Cap and Trade now. :lol:

Bobo i have never discussed any of this stuff with you....but yet you know how i feel about it?.....you are just projecting on how you think I or "THOSE GUYS" feel about it.....i dont agree with none of what you say.....

This isn't real but until the GOP does something to distance themselves from it, it represents them, too.

You must be proud to be a walking, talking, shill for the DNC...

Color me unimpressed....

Well, I'm happy to be on the winning side, anyway.

Winning isn't everything...

Aparently, to some on the left (the walking, talking, drooling DNC shills), fucking up the country is...

There's a reason for checks & balances... You're getting a first hand, front row seat to how bad it can be when one side controls everything...

Tell all those out of work Americans "Screw you - we WON!"

Find a smiley for that, genius...

Notice my hate speech won't resort in anyone getting killed Harry. You should write to hate mongers like O'Reilly, Hannity, Coulter, Savage & Rush if you care so much.

Notice we don't hate anyone enough to go kill a doctor. I don't give a fuck what he's doing Harry. Nothing you say will get me to go commit murder.

In the GOP's world, we are free, just as long as we follow their rules. They don't even care what the laws are. They don't care what the law says about abortion, spying on us, taking away rights or torture. They think laws are meant to be bent. And they are supposedly pro life but condoln murder.

Remember Palin was "rallying" the troops when someone in the audience yelled, "string em up"?

Yea, no one has ever said "string em up" after one of my tyrades. So relax Harry....while I tea bag you for being sooo stupid.

PS. How was your 4th? Did you blow up any fingers or is that just arthritis?

how about if i just dont listen to them Bobo?.....what your saying is stupid people will follow what they hear people saying.....so Hollywood should stop making movies,right....stupid people are amongst us Bo...deal with it....

and some guy did come after you with a bat dude....what did you say to him?...:eusa_whistle:.....
now here is where you get me Bo.....you say that YOU understand how both parties want power,but ONLY the GOP,is dictatorial....you dont know your Queen to well do you....

how was your fourth dude....did you steal the kids sparklers next door?.....or did you teabag him.....:lol:

well Derek i cant get in there to Suck.....your heads in the way....

You mean after I go to the trouble to design an elaborate post,
and stoop to your level to discuss cock sucking, all I get is,

"I can't get in there to Suck.....your heads in the way..."

So is that best you've got? I don't know why sealybobo wastes his time with you.
He should put you on "ignore,"
I'd rather watch the "Brady Bunch" than read you. Brady has better writing.

aww... Dawick did i hurt your widdle feelings.....im sowey....i did not know you are so fragile....:(.....now im bumbed out... Dawick dont like me....:(.....i think i will go eat some worms.....:(

Humor escapes the wingnuts.

Forum List

Back