France sends warships to South China Sea, ahead of maritime exercize with Japan and U.S

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Appears that the West is trying to send a message and may even have intel about what China might be planning for Taiwan. When France is sending ships, you know that it's getting more serious.

In my opinion, this stance, though encouraging, isn't far enough. Nations have to openly recognize Taiwan as an independent nation if they want China to realize that they are not to do to Taiwan what they did to HK. To not do so, is Status Quo, which is in many ways just allowing China to bide time knowing that the West is all fluff and will most likely backdown when the chips are down.

I understand that Rick Scott is pushing (again) a Bill that would demand that America comes to Taiwans defense if they are attacked, and the Act would also promote for a trade agreement between Taiwan and America.

Let's see where this goes. If America recognizes Taiwan, the rest of the West will follow suit.

The core base of anti-China alliance should be the countries of the Far East. Along with the US, of course. If is doubtful that France will have any significance in that.

Appears that the West is trying to send a message and may even have intel about what China might be planning for Taiwan. When France is sending ships, you know that it's getting more serious.

In my opinion, this stance, though encouraging, isn't far enough. Nations have to openly recognize Taiwan as an independent nation if they want China to realize that they are not to do to Taiwan what they did to HK. To not do so, is Status Quo, which is in many ways just allowing China to bide time knowing that the West is all fluff and will most likely backdown when the chips are down.

I understand that Rick Scott is pushing (again) a Bill that would demand that America comes to Taiwans defense if they are attacked, and the Act would also promote for a trade agreement between Taiwan and America.

Let's see where this goes. If America recognizes Taiwan, the rest of the West will follow suit.

Exactly how fast can a French war ship retreat?

I suppose we are about to find out.

Has Dementia Joe come out of his basement to assess the situation yet?

Taiwan has not declared independence from mainland china yet

but they are moving in that direction

china is boldly trying to grab all of the south china sea for itself

hopefully france is responding to that threat to world peace

The core base of anti-China alliance should be the countries of the Far East. Along with the US, of course. If is doubtful that France will have any significance in that.
france may be awakening to the fact that globalism makes what happens in the South China Sea France’s business as much as it is Japan’s or the US

france may be awakening to the fact that globalism makes what happens in the South China Sea France’s business as much as it is Japan’s or the US
Yes, it does. But I cant see how France can be any of use there (in real terms I mean). It would be more useful if it engaged in activities of the Western flanc to contain one of possible China's allies.

More like colonialism which is globalism.

Yes, it does. But I cant see how France can be any of use there (in real terms I mean). It would be more useful if it engaged in activities of the Western flanc to contain one of possible China's allies.
I dont know what french intentions are

but at least they are taking the issue of chinese aggression seriously

too many libs here and in eurorpe are totally blind to whats going on

I dont know what french intentions are

but at least they are taking the issue of chinese aggression seriously

too many libs here and in eurorpe are totally blind to whats going on
Well, good luck to France in that. But I find it a little bit doubtful that France are willing to take actions on the Far East against one autocracy, but wagging its tail before another autocracy which is not too distant from its borders.

France is doing what? Presenting strength in foreign irrelevant affairs because of what kind of desasters within France?

Forum List

Back