China accuses US of 'stirring up' South China Sea tensions

Don't just make up numbers. And at this point much of what "hate" remains comes and goes when the CCP needs to manipulate/control its domestic population.

I'm not.

The Japanese murdered 30 million civilians while "liberating" what it called the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere from colonial rule. About 23 million of these were ethnic Chinese. It is a crime that in sheer numbers is far greater than the Nazi Holocaust. In Germany, Holocaust denial is a crime. In Japan, it is government policy. But the evidence against the navy – precious little of which you will find in Japan itself – is damning

It's kind of an inversion. During WWII, American propaganda emphasized there was a difference between "Good Germans" and Nazis. (Probably more to not demonize people like my grandparents, who were the largest immigrant group in the US at the time.) The Japanese were portrayed as sub-human monsters.

Today, thanks to Hollywood, we get a new movie about the Holocaust every year. But almost no movies about Japanese atrocities.

Way back in the early 90s most of the very, very many people I met in China expressed the need/willingness to move on. Almost all of the hundreds of Chinese immigrants in the US I have gotten to know very well are fully past it. China claims that Taiwan is part of China (it's not), and Japan is quite popular with most people there.
Taiwan didn't suffer the kinds of atrocities the Chinese did.

The Chinese shouldn't get past it any more than the Jews should get past the Holocaust. The Chinese don't use WW2 as an excuse for other shitty behavior like the Israelis do.

While true how long is china supposed to carry a grudge ?

Logically its long past time to forgive and move on

If you said that about the Jews and the Holocaust, someone like Lisa558 would be on here screaming at you about "ANTISEMITISM!!!!"

China has every right to hold a grudge about what happened in WWII, especially since, unlike Germany, the Japanese haven't shown a bit of fucking remorse.

Falon Gong is only dangerous to an autocratic communist dictatorship

The chinese people are in no danger at all

Falun Gong is a dangerous cult. They worship their leader, Li Hongzhi, as a diety. They tell their members to cut off contact with family who aren't in the cult. They tell their members to use their beliefs instead of seeking professional medical treatments and they end up dying of treatable diseases.

China has every right to hold a grudge about what happened in WWII, especially since, unlike Germany, the Japanese haven't shown a bit of fucking remorse.
Do you and china want to fight another war with Japan to get even?

If so thats pretty stupid

You can kill some japanese

Or maybe even a lot if china’s stolen wespons technology works properly

But chinese will die too

Again, thats pretty stupid and pointless

If you said that about the Jews and the Holocaust, someone like Lisa558 would be on here screaming at you about "ANTISEMITISM!!!!"

Falun Gong is a dangerous cult. They worship their leader, Li Hongzhi, as a diety. They tell their members to cut off contact with family who aren't in the cult. They tell their members to use their beliefs instead of seeking professional medical treatments and they end up dying of treatable diseases.

If any of that is true they are only hurting themsrlves

Communist Chinese government policy has killed 10’s of millions of china citizens since 1949

So dont think Biijing cares except that they are not loyal communists

Do you and china want to fight another war with Japan to get even?

No, and no one is suggesting they should.

I am stating that when looking at China in terms of policy, especially regarding sovereignty issues like Taiwan, you need to keep that history in mind.

If any of that is true they are only hurting themsrlves

Communist Chinese government policy has killed 10’s of millions of china citizens since 1949

Except most of those policies were more incompetence than malice.

The biggest number comes from the famine of 1959-62 during the "Great Leap Forward". Just a whole slew of mistakes, from killing Swallows as one of the "Four Pests" (resulting in an explosion in the insect population) to lower-level officials overreporting harvest numbers, causing China to export rice they should have kept for themselves.

One area where I will criticize China is that Mao was never held accountable for mistakes like the Great Leap Forward or the Cultural Revolution. When those things went south, someone else always took the blame. No, no, it wasn't Mao who made the Cultural Revolution; it was the "Gang of Four" (one of whom was Mao's wife.) One Chinese official said in the 1980s, "We will never denounce Mao the way that the Soviets denounced Stalin."

Dripping poop, are you really trying to argue that since they only killed 14 million Chinese instead of 30 million, that makes it 'okay' somehow?

From your own article...

• March 1, 2007: Prime Minister Shinzō Abe stated in a newspaper article that there was no evidence that the Japanese government had kept sex slaves, even though the Japanese government had already admitted the use of brothels in 1993. On March 27, the Japanese parliament issued an official apology.[45] This was regarding the surviving comfort women who had demanded an apology from the Japanese government for being used as sex slaves.

I am stating that when looking at China in terms of policy, especially regarding sovereignty issues like Taiwan, you need to keep that history in mind.
You are looking at the communist dictatorship through rose colored glasses

It whips up ugly racial hate against Japanese people beginning with the youngest school children as if this still were 1937

And that kind of brainwashing has consequences

You are looking at the communist dictatorship through rose colored glasses

It whips up ugly racial hate against Japanese people beginning with the youngest school children as if this still were 1937

And that kind of brainwashing has consequences

Does it, though?

I'm not hearing anyone advocating for a war with Japan.

If a Jew says, "We should never forget what the Nazis did to us", everyone would agree with them. (IT shouldn't be an excuse to murder Palestinians, though.)

But China is just supposed to pretend what the Japanese did to them was okay, no big deal, get over it?

Does it, though?

I'm not hearing anyone advocating for a war with Japan.

If a Jew says, "We should never forget what the Nazis did to us", everyone would agree with them. (IT shouldn't be an excuse to murder Palestinians, though.)

But China is just supposed to pretend what the Japanese did to them was okay, no big deal, get over it?
No one in the communist dictatorship will ask the public what to do next

Under communism Chinese citizens exist to serve the state and nothing more

Maybe hating japs from way back when will take the public’s mind off what the CCP is doing to them now

No one in the communist dictatorship will ask the public what to do next

Under communism Chinese citizens exist to serve the state and nothing more

Maybe hating japs from way back when will take the public’s mind off what the CCP is doing to them now
Making them the largest economy in the world? Ooooh, I wish we had leaders who did that.

You need to stop repeating your John Birch Talking points.

I watch a lot of Chinese Media with my wife... the Chinese have a lot more press freedom than you think.

Making them the largest economy in the world? Ooooh, I wish we had leaders who did that.

You need to stop repeating your John Birch Talking points.

I watch a lot of Chinese Media with my wife... the Chinese have a lot more press freedom than you think.
The Maoists didnt grow the economy to benefit the people but instead to project power from Peking

And they didnt grow it so much as allow it to be grown by western investment and chinese capitalists who are quickly becoming persona non grata under Xi

China wants to dominate the world

If john birch was an anti-chinese communist then that makes me a bircher by default

But I never met the man or his organization

Not sure what your point is, ... You seem awfully upset about teh 30 million figure, for some reason.
YOU seem awfully eager to suck CCP dick, bigot. You might have to adjust your hatred and bigotry as you come to realize that a large percentage of immigrants from China become very devoutly religious when they come here and have the freedom to express faith like most human beings do.

YOU seem awfully eager to suck CCP dick, bigot. You might have to adjust your hatred and bigotry as you come to realize that a large percentage of immigrants from China become very devoutly religious when they come here and have the freedom to express faith like most human beings do.

My wife is from China. Yes, she's kind of religious, but hardly a fanatic. This has, really, nothing to do with the fact that the Japanese murdered 30 million Chinese and others in their attempt to build an empire.

Point I'm trying to get across to you, because you're kind of stupid, is that just because the Military-Industrial Complex INSISTS China is our enemy doesn't make it so.

The Maoists didnt grow the economy to benefit the people but instead to project power from Peking

And they didnt grow it so much as allow it to be grown by western investment and chinese capitalists who are quickly becoming persona non grata under Xi

OR they correctly recognize that they need to make an adjustment. Unbridled capitalism hasn't done this country a lot of good, you can drive through the abandoned factory towns in the US to see that. China is at an inflection point where the working class is finally making enough to be classified as a middle class and make their economy self-sustaining. Meanwhile, those "Capitalists" you are so proud of are already looking at places like India and Malaysia and Vietnam for cheaper labor.

China wants to dominate the world

Well, they aren't doing a very good job of it. The US has troops all over the world. The Chinese send over people to help build roads and bridges and hospitals.

If john birch was an anti-chinese communist then that makes me a bircher by default

But I never met the man or his organization
Just because you are too stupid to realize who is pulling your strings doesn't mean that the strings aren't being pulled.

Educate yourself.

Hateful bigots always run up against their own hatred sooner or later ^^^.

Naw, Dripping Poop, you get your own special hatred.

I was wondering when the personal insults would start from you
Do you know what a White Monkey is?
Its a western apologists who toes the chinese line and makes the CCP arguments for them
There are fewer now than BT (before Trump), and before Covid

Now you are just making shit up.

Look, buddy, just because Trump is playing you for a fool, while he gets his MAGA hats made in China, doesn't mean you have to fall for it... but you do.

1702815994321.png

Or in your case the incentive is a bit different
Is your wife a Leftover Woman?
Attack on family, reported.

(And yes, I am familiar with the notion of a Sheng Nu.)

Forum List

Back