Fracking Is Cool

There is no scientific theory about studying tectonics by inducing earthquakes, never has been, never could be.

And yet that's exactly what we do on a small scale. We set off explosions which initiates a P wave, which we then use to measure thickness of the crust, plate boundaries, depth of the mantle etc.

Once again you demonstrate a complete lack of scientific understanding.

Geologists solve tectonic plate mystery with half a tonne of explosives
A New Zealand experiment using explosive slurry poured into 50m-deep holes helps measure rock layers on the border of Pacific and Australian plates

Westwall said fracking poisoned the water when he could blame it on liberals.

That's was AFTER he stated Fracking had no adverse effects.

Figure that out.

There is no scientific theory about studying tectonics by inducing earthquakes, never has been, never could be.

And yet that's exactly what we do on a small scale. We set off explosions which initiates a P wave, which we then use to measure thickness of the crust, plate boundaries, depth of the mantle etc.

A New Zealand experiment using explosive slurry poured into 50m-deep holes helps measure rock layers on the border of Pacific and Australian plates

So then, as a scientist, you believe that fracking is actually a massive counter earthquake experiment being conducted by eminent scholars of geology. When you put it that way it all makes perfect sense.

Figure that out.

No, that is not what I stated. What I stated is the claim of poisoned ground water did NOT come from fracking. It came from the MTBE that the California Air Resources Board mandated be added to the gasoline as an oxygenate you lying sack of poo. It is you asshats who are trying to cover your progressive asses by blaming ground water pollution on fracking when it is well known that it was YOU who fucked up the groundwater.

So then, as a scientist, you believe that fracking is actually a massive counter earthquake experiment being conducted by eminent scholars of geology. When you put it that way it all makes perfect sense.

You're a pretty sad example of a progressive. They can usually put together better arguments and flames. You're pathetic.
Here's the worst part of it for someone like you.......the beer.

Figure that out.

No, that is not what I stated. What I stated is the claim of poisoned ground water did NOT come from fracking. It came from the MTBE that the California Air Resources Board mandated be added to the gasoline as an oxygenate you lying sack of poo. It is you asshats who are trying to cover your progressive asses by blaming ground water pollution on fracking when it is well known that it was YOU who fucked up the groundwater.
I like it when you try to mix pop culture science with maniacal rhetoric. You're good at it.

Sure thing silly boy. Here you go. Learn some science instead of the propaganda you bleat like the good little sheep you are... Take a gander below nitwit. Here are just a couple of the HUNDREDS of reports and studies that deal with MTBE. And lookey there, Pennsylvania was affected too. Amazing what you can find when you actually LOOK for information rather than spewing bullshit propaganda.

YEARS LATER, MTBE STILL A DANGER TO WATER SUPPLY

Years after being banned, gas additive MTBE still a danger to water supply

MTBE Water Contamination: Key Considerations for Remediation,Risk Assessment, and Risk Management

Environmental Data Pages - MTBE Water Contamination

METHYL tertiary-butyl ether, more commonly known as MTBE, is a chemical Janus. It benefits air quality by making gasoline burn cleaner, thus reducing automobile emissions. But it can also find its way into groundwater supplies and give drinking water an unpleasant taste and odor. At present, more than 20 public drinking water wells in California have ceased water production for this reason. Worse yet, the health effects of MTBE are uncertain-the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency currently classifies MTBE as a possible human carcinogen.

MTBE Studies

Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether MTBE- Well / Groundwater Contamination Issues
MTBE Water Testing Private Wells Pennsylvania Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Facts Sheet

Figure that out.

I like it when you try to mix pop culture science with maniacal rhetoric. You're good at it.

Sure thing silly boy. Here you go. Learn some science instead of the propaganda you bleat like the good little sheep you are... Take a gander below nitwit. Here are just a couple of the HUNDREDS of reports and studies that deal with MTBE. And lookey there, Pennsylvania was affected too. Amazing what you can find when you actually LOOK for information rather than spewing bullshit propaganda.

MTBE Water Contamination: Key Considerations for Remediation,Risk Assessment, and Risk Management

METHYL tertiary-butyl ether, more commonly known as MTBE, is a chemical Janus. It benefits air quality by making gasoline burn cleaner, thus reducing automobile emissions. But it can also find its way into groundwater supplies and give drinking water an unpleasant taste and odor. At present, more than 20 public drinking water wells in California have ceased water production for this reason. Worse yet, the health effects of MTBE are uncertain-the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency currently classifies MTBE as a possible human carcinogen.

MTBE Studies

MTBE Water Testing Private Wells Pennsylvania Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Facts Sheet

I wonder how many "scientists" share all their best ideas on a public forum like this, rather than writing for a science journal or some other reputable publication or website. I guess we're all just very lucky to have someone of your indisputable stature and reputation performing such a noble minded public service. Keep up the good work.

Figure that out.

MTBE Studies

I wonder how many "scientists" share all their best ideas on a public forum like this, rather than writing for a science journal or some other reputable publication or website. I guess we're all just very lucky to have someone of your indisputable stature and reputation performing such a noble minded public service. Keep up the good work.

The easiest way to tell you are losing a discussion is when you attack the messenger instead of addressing the points they bring up. Hello loser:bye1:

Figure that out.

MTBE Studies

The easiest way to tell you are losing a discussion is when you attack the messenger instead of addressing the points they bring up. Hello loser:bye1:
Just think of the advantages of being able to both wash and cook with your kitchen faucet.

MTBE Studies

Just think of the advantages of being able to both wash and cook with your kitchen faucet.

Oh lookey here. limy still pushing this lie. Here's the deal junior. That faucet has had that problem for DECADES. Going all the way back to the 1930's! Yep. If you weren't such a brainless political hack, and actually did some of your own...well you know research, and actually understood science you might not have your head so far up your ass!

Sheesh. You twits are so amazingly anti science it's amazing!

"Water Flammable Before Fracking
In Gasland’s most poignant scene, a man in is filmed lighting his tap water on fire. The movie asserts that hydraulic fracturing (also known as fracking) has made this possible by contaminating nearby water sources. McAleer, however, discovered and proved residents in the man’s neighborhood have been able to light their water on fire since at least the 1930s, long before people began producing natural gas in the area. The gas mixing with groundwater appears to be a natural phenomenon.

McAleer was in Chicago when he decided to see a local showing of Gasland. After viewing the movie, his journalistic instincts took over and he started asking questions about what he had seen in the movie. McAleer came across a 1976 study by the Colorado Division of Water that had interesting implications.

“I checked online, and very quickly I came across what seemed to be pretty good, detailed research that showed people were able to burn their tap water years before fracking ever started,” McAleer says."

Gasland Producer Misled Viewers on Lighted Tap Water | Heartlander Magazine

Don't leave the water running, you might start a fire.

I see you blissfully ignoring factual data that refutes your propaganda. Good job! Makes my job easier. people don't like liars!

Completely safe.....nothing to worry about.

Poor limy. Reduced to spewing nonsensical propaganda unsupported by either fact or science.

EPA Finds No Widespread Drinking Water Pollution From Fracking

EPA.....the same agency the crazed deniers deride at every other opportunity.

Which makes your continued assertion that fracking is bad even more ridiculous. If even THEY can't find anything bad, and believe me they desperately wanted to, then your claims are toast dude. Absolutely, positively done.

Poor limy. Reduced to spewing nonsensical propaganda unsupported by either fact or science.

Which makes your continued assertion that fracking is bad even more ridiculous. If even THEY can't find anything bad, and believe me they desperately wanted to, then your claims are toast dude. Absolutely, positively done.

Is that your professional opinion? Dude?

Nope. That's the professional opinion of the EPA and all of their very biased scientists. Dude.

Nope. That's the professional opinion of the EPA and all of their very biased scientists. Dude.

How lucky for them that your professional opinion just happens to coincide with their's one time.

Forum List

Back