Fracking Is Cool

For the science impared.

In the 1970's we were actually talking about using fracking to reduce the ferocity of earthquakes. You see dear child, if you have thousands of little earthquakes you don't get that one big one that destroys everything. There are many of us who think that it is still viable to attempt it on the San Andreas and other faults that are poised to bring ruin to high population density regions.

But that's called SCIENCE, which you progressives don't do. Science scares you.

Many of us? Who's that? The other guys who drink at Dennys?

No, my colleagues at Caltech and Berkley. You know, scientists. We'll leave you and your cronies to that back bench there at Denny's. I'm sure the waitresses know you by your first name.

Possibly they do. One thing is for sure though, I don't claim to be somebody I'm not.....unlike some people around here. Know what I mean?

For the science impared.

In the 1970's we were actually talking about using fracking to reduce the ferocity of earthquakes. You see dear child, if you have thousands of little earthquakes you don't get that one big one that destroys everything. There are many of us who think that it is still viable to attempt it on the San Andreas and other faults that are poised to bring ruin to high population density regions.

Yup, lets frack the shit out of San Andreas, see what happens, science is experimenting anyways.
After all, what could go wrong.... :lmao:

There is going to be a magnitude 7+ quake on the San Andreas. Whether you do anything or not it is going to happen. How about we set off 10,000 magnitude 3.5 and lower quakes to release the pressure. Most people can't even feel a 3.5. Your solution is to just wait for the Big One, while scientists, real scientists are trying to figure out a way to prevent it.

Do you see the difference silly child?

No, i didn't think you would.

Scientists of course can study this field, make assumptions.

But I think it is you who cant see the difference between;
implementing proven technologies and
testing untested hypothesis on a large scale highly populated area which pretty much produces half the economical output of the whole nation.

I dont know what kind of a scientist you are, but I am glad not the kind we have in universities teaching science...

I'm a geologist. Fracking is "proving the technology" of releasing built up energy along fault lines every day. Thanks for making my point for me.

Hmmm, really :eusa_whistle:

Yup, lets frack the shit out of San Andreas, see what happens, science is experimenting anyways.

There is going to be a magnitude 7+ quake on the San Andreas. Whether you do anything or not it is going to happen. How about we set off 10,000 magnitude 3.5 and lower quakes to release the pressure. Most people can't even feel a 3.5. Your solution is to just wait for the Big One, while scientists, real scientists are trying to figure out a way to prevent it.

testing untested hypothesis on a large scale highly populated area which pretty much produces half the economical output of the whole nation.

I dont know what kind of a scientist you are, but I am glad not the kind we have in universities teaching science...

I'm a geologist. Fracking is "proving the technology" of releasing built up energy along fault lines every day. Thanks for making my point for me.

Answer this simple question, does fracking cause earthquakes? If the answer to that is yes, then the next question is can we use that to reduce the power of earthquakes to come on major fault lines? A scientist asks the questions and then try's to figure out a way to make it happen. The big quakes happen all of the time. Don't you think it would be nice to stop them?

How do you test a solution? At some point you have to inject the water along the fault line to see if it works. There's no other way.

Fracking is wonderful for energy companies........not so good for the rest of us.

Actually it is. You can thank fracking for the recent decrees in fuel and energy prices. Frackers saved the average family over 600 bucks last year. To a family on a minimum wage budget that's huge. Of course you progressives hate the poor and the middle class so their benefit is a sin according to you.

And the best part is how safe it is.

Yes, even the EPA was forced to admit that it is safe. Thank you for bringing that fact up. Here's the deal silly boy, geo thermal energy systems, which I am positive you are a huge fan of because they are a renewable energy source, USE FRACKING to function.

Do you get it moron? Fracking has been around for at least twice as long as you have been alive and no one has ever gotten sick or died from it. Instead of repeating propaganda how about you do some research of your own. You won't look like such an idiot then.

No, that's really not true. There is no one besides politicians and the energy corporations they work for who would claim to actually believe that.

So you don't trust the EPA? Is that what you're saying?

Answer this simple question, does fracking cause earthquakes? If the answer to that is yes, then the next question is can we use that to reduce the power of earthquakes to come on major fault lines? A scientist asks the questions and then try's to figure out a way to make it happen. The big quakes happen all of the time. Don't you think it would be nice to stop them?

How do you test a solution? At some point you have to inject the water along the fault line to see if it works. There's no other way.

Man made earthquakes to study the effects and causes of naturally occurring earthquakes......interesting theory professor. Have you discussed this fascinating idea with your colleagues? If so did they laugh in your face or just roll their eyes and buy you another drink?

Cheap energy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool, thus, fracking is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool as well.

duh

Only k00k progressives havent quite figurured it out.............costs do matter to the rest of us in the real world:funnyface::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

"costs do matter to the rest of us in the real world"

That's the fundamental derangement the AGW cult members suffer from. They behave as if costs don't matter.

For the science impared.

Many of us? Who's that? The other guys who drink at Dennys?

Another idiot who has grown up duped by the dictatorship of science...............:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:.......believes ANYTHING publicized in the scientific community because it says "science".........like the bean heads who said the Japan tsunami was due to climate change!!

Last edited:

That's the fundamental derangement the AGW cult members suffer from. They behave as if costs don't matter.

indeed.........its actually quite fascinating. Thankfully, most of the world doesn't view life in a manner that ignores costs......which is exactly why the "consensus science' isn't mattering in the real world.:coffee: Governments like cheap energy no matter what the fuck the science says..............always have..............always will.:fu: Only the AGW k00ks haven't figured this one out yet!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

indeed.........its actually quite fascinating. Thankfully, most of the world doesn't view life in a manner that ignores costs......which is exactly why the "consensus science' isn't mattering in the real world.:coffee: Governments like cheap energy no matter what the fuck the science says..............always have..............always will.:fu: Only the AGW k00ks haven't figured this one out yet!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
You dummies evidently have no idea about the cost.

Total propaganda,I live in the Bradford county area,non of what is claimed in video is true,this is just a remake of the debunked film Gas Land, its crap.nobody water has been contaminated,not one.prosperity has come to a once piss dirt poor area,gas has been a positive in msny many ways

Total propaganda,I live in the Bradford county area,non of what is claimed in video is true,this is just a remake of the debunked film Gas Land, its crap.nobody water has been contaminated,not one.prosperity has come to a once piss dirt poor area,gas has been a positive in msny many ways

A nearly interesting anecdote. Feel free to present some evidence.

You mean like living in the area,and seeing for ones self,or attaching a video to an internet board,evidence like that?

You mean like living in the area,and seeing for ones self,or attaching a video to an internet board,evidence like that?

Maybe you don't quite get the concept of evidence. Your anecdotes are meaningless and worth exactly nothing.

And a propaganda cut and paste is just so much better, you posted false claims in a video clip,with no evidence other than pure BS,prove your claims

Environmental wacko propaganda.

Forum List

Back