Fox's Unethical Debate

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by Mrs. M., Feb 5, 2016.

1. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,755
    Tough questions and sometimes even questions the candidate thinks are unfair are part of running for President that will continue when and if you become President not just from journalist but other world leaders the opposition party sometimes your own party and even 9-5 everyday Americans. If Trump and any other candidate Republican or Democrat can not handle this they need to drop out of the race because they are not cut out for politics.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,514
    Rouge Rover thinks this debate is on FOX. He's arguing from that POV. Very stupid of him.

And...Trump threatened to bail on the debate due to Kelly being one of the moderators BEFORE Ailes sent the petulant tweet. That tweet became his excuse after the fact.

3. LoneLaugher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,514
    Bullshit. You nutbags can't go a day without trying to convince yourselves that your shitty candidates are similar to the sitting president. It's got to suck knowing that your guys would lose to the man again if he were able and willing to run.

4. Rouge Rover

Rouge Rover Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +696
    Not really. There are two different issues being discussed here. Is Trump afraid of Kelly and should he debate at all. Sorry if you got confused.

5. LoneLaugher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,514
    I'm not confused. See post #22. Just admit that you didn't know get tonight's debate was not on FOX. If you did, you wouldn't be suggesting that Trump skip the debate to avoid hostile unfairness from FOX.

The idea that there is any reason for him to miss a debate other than avoiding difficult questions is ridiculous.

6. Camp

Camp Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,007
    Kelly should start the debate with the same questions. This time she should hold out for a non-whining and evasive answer.

7. Rouge Rover

Rouge Rover Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +696
    Alright, here's post #22:

First I say that the point of a debate is not to "punch a candidate the fuck around". Then I say FOX needs Trump more than Trump needs FOX, that was in response to the idea that Trump is afraid of Megyn Kelly. Then I say in the future he may need to appear on FOX, once again a response to the same idea. I don't see anything in post #22 about the next debate being on FOX.

FOX is a topic because the thread is about FOX. This thread isn't about the upcoming debate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PK1

PK1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +982
    ---
    Unethical? You must live in another reality.
    If it's ethical for Trump to debase women or refugees, as a group, then it's ethical to criticize him for his unfairness.

Besides, i thought Donald likes pretty women, like Megyn!
    Or, does he only like them if they're stupid and on their knees?
    image.jpg

9. cereal_killer

cereal_killer Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,463
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds - Albert Einstein

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,118
    Kelly's 1st question to Trump was unfair.

Kelly tried to use Trump's comment about Brande Roderick being on her knees as an example of an attack on women. As seen in the video clip, Brande was actully on her knees. Trump did make a flippant joke about it, but Brande had set it up for him. And the context of her being on her knees was begging. Megan Kelly tried to imply without completely coming out and saying it that the context of her being on her knees was oral sex. I don't like Trump, and I don't plan on voting for him. He has plenty of faults to attack, but the use of this example was way over the top. Kelly for all practical purposes implied that Trump said that Brande being on her knees for oral sex would be a pretty picture.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016