Fox's Unethical Debate

Tough questions and sometimes even questions the candidate thinks are unfair are part of running for President that will continue when and if you become President not just from journalist but other world leaders the opposition party sometimes your own party and even 9-5 everyday Americans. If Trump and any other candidate Republican or Democrat can not handle this they need to drop out of the race because they are not cut out for politics.

Rouge Rover thinks this debate is on FOX. He's arguing from that POV. Very stupid of him.

And...Trump threatened to bail on the debate due to Kelly being one of the moderators BEFORE Ailes sent the petulant tweet. That tweet became his excuse after the fact.

What does it matter? The debates are nothing more than a bunch of showmanship anyway. What I, and ALOT of other people, care about is what a canidate has, and can accomplish, as well as what they stand for. Trump has publicly supported conflicting positions on so many topics that I cannot trust anything he says. Other canidates could, if they chose, let their records speak for themselves, not Trump, he has no record. Only support for various proposals and people that where of benefit to him and his business at the time. Name one thing the man stands for, other than "winning". How will he do it? when? where? on what? These are the questions we need answers to, not "is he tough enough?", Is he this, is he that? I just want him to say what he stands for already. What does he intend to accomplish? If we look at his business record (the only one we have), he has failed several times (financially), he's a bully, he does not negociate (only dictate), he is a totalitarian dictator. He is using the same tactics Obama did:
  • Tell anyone who will listen YOU are the ONLY one for the job.
  • Anyone who disagrees is a moron.
  • Assassinate the character of any threats.
  • Tell anyone who will listen YOU are the ONLY one for the job.
And look what we got when we fell for THAT crap.

Bullshit. You nutbags can't go a day without trying to convince yourselves that your shitty candidates are similar to the sitting president. It's got to suck knowing that your guys would lose to the man again if he were able and willing to run.

Rouge Rover thinks this debate is on FOX. He's arguing from that POV. Very stupid of him.

Not really. There are two different issues being discussed here. Is Trump afraid of Kelly and should he debate at all. Sorry if you got confused.

Not really. There are two different issues being discussed here. Is Trump afraid of Kelly and should he debate at all. Sorry if you got confused.

I'm not confused. See post #22. Just admit that you didn't know get tonight's debate was not on FOX. If you did, you wouldn't be suggesting that Trump skip the debate to avoid hostile unfairness from FOX.

The idea that there is any reason for him to miss a debate other than avoiding difficult questions is ridiculous.

"Is it ethical for Fox News to allow Megyn Kelly to force herself upon Donald Trump? Kelly knows that Mr. Trump bowed out of the last debate because she was going to be one of the moderators. Americans still remember how she viciously targeted the GOP front runner, making it about herself rather than a presidential debate."

:rolleyes:

trump knows he has no substance so he NEEDS this spectacle. it's what he does best.

trump knows that his supporters are ridiculous individuals. "i could shoot someone, and they'd still vote for me".

he is counting on these individuals, like the op, to continue to project this spectacle of ridiculous rhetoric.

not only are trump's supporters ridiculous, they are also dishonest. aka unethical.

megyn kelly was doing her job and her relevant question was not vicious at all.

trump created bluster and roused the angry rabble with the right wing "PC" dog whistle.

Read the Full Text of the Primetime Republican Debate

KELLY: Mr. Trump, one of the things people love about you is you speak your mind and you don’t use a politician’s filter. However, that is not without its downsides, in particular, when it comes to women.

You’ve called women you don’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals.”

(LAUGHTER)

Your Twitter account…

TRUMP: Only Rosie O’Donnell.

(LAUGHTER)

KELLY: No, it wasn’t.

(APPLAUSE)

Your Twitter account…

(APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: Thank you.

KELLY: For the record, it was well beyond Rosie O’Donnell.

TRUMP: Yes, I’m sure it was.

KELLY: Your Twitter account has several disparaging comments about women’s looks. You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees. Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president, and how will you answer the charge from Hillary Clinton, who was likely to be the Democratic nominee, that you are part of the war on women?

TRUMP: I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct.

I’ve been challenged by so many people, and I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either. This country is in big trouble. We don’t win anymore. We lose to China. We lose to Mexico both in trade and at the border. We lose to everybody.

And frankly, what I say, and oftentimes it’s fun, it’s kidding. We have a good time. What I say is what I say. And honestly Megyn, if you don’t like it, I’m sorry. I’ve been very nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be, based on the way you have treated me. But I wouldn’t do that.

(APPLAUSE)

But you know what, we — we need strength, we need energy, we need quickness and we need brain in this country to turn it around. That, I can tell you right now.

WALLACE: Senator Cruz, your colleague, Senator Paul, right there next to you, said a few months ago he agrees with you on a number of issues ...
Kelly should start the debate with the same questions. This time she should hold out for a non-whining and evasive answer.

I'm not confused. See post #22. Just admit that you didn't know get tonight's debate was not on FOX. If you did, you wouldn't be suggesting that Trump skip the debate to avoid hostile unfairness from FOX.

The idea that there is any reason for him to miss a debate other than avoiding difficult questions is ridiculous.

Alright, here's post #22:

Not once in my life until today have I ever seen anyone say that the point of a debate is to punch a candidate the fuck around. Right now FOX needs Trump but Trump doesn't need FOX. That may change in the future but right now I'd lose respect for him if he went on a hostile network without having to.

First I say that the point of a debate is not to "punch a candidate the fuck around". Then I say FOX needs Trump more than Trump needs FOX, that was in response to the idea that Trump is afraid of Megyn Kelly. Then I say in the future he may need to appear on FOX, once again a response to the same idea. I don't see anything in post #22 about the next debate being on FOX.

FOX is a topic because the thread is about FOX. This thread isn't about the upcoming debate.

This morning, news sources quoted Megyn Kelly as saying, “I hope Donald Trump will show up for the debate.” Fox News has announced that it will be hosting the next presidential debate with Megyn Kelly returning once again, as one of their moderators.

Is it ethical for Fox News to allow Megyn Kelly to force herself upon Donald Trump? Kelly knows that Mr. Trump bowed out of the last debate because she was going to be one of the moderators. Americans still remember how she viciously targeted the GOP front runner, making it about herself rather than a presidential debate. Megyn Kelly has went on record stating that she would ask the same questions. Apparently she sees nothing wrong with how she handled herself during the presidential debate.
---
Unethical? You must live in another reality.
If it's ethical for Trump to debase women or refugees, as a group, then it's ethical to criticize him for his unfairness.

Besides, i thought Donald likes pretty women, like Megyn!
Or, does he only like them if they're stupid and on their knees?
image.jpg

Kelly's 1st question to Trump was unfair.

Kelly tried to use Trump's comment about Brande Roderick being on her knees as an example of an attack on women. As seen in the video clip, Brande was actully on her knees. Trump did make a flippant joke about it, but Brande had set it up for him. And the context of her being on her knees was begging. Megan Kelly tried to imply without completely coming out and saying it that the context of her being on her knees was oral sex. I don't like Trump, and I don't plan on voting for him. He has plenty of faults to attack, but the use of this example was way over the top. Kelly for all practical purposes implied that Trump said that Brande being on her knees for oral sex would be a pretty picture.

Last edited:

Kelly tried to use Trump's comment about Brande Roderick being on her knees as an example of an attack on women. As seen in the video clip, Brande was actully on her knees. Trump did make a flippant joke about it, but Brande had set it up for him. And the context of her being on her knees was begging. Megan Kelly tried to imply without completely coming out and saying it that the context of her being on her knees was oral sex. I don't like Trump, and I don't plan on voting for him. He has plenty of faults to attack, but the use of this example was way over the top. Kelly for all practical purposes implied that Trump said that Brande being on her knees for oral sex would be a pretty picture.

Kelly was right about her assessment and your version is not believable. Everyone grinned a giggled but everyone, including the target of the joke knew exactly what Trump was implying.

Kelly was right about her assessment and your version is not believable. Everyone grinned a giggled but everyone, including the target of the joke knew exactly what Trump was implying.

No, Kelly made it seem 10 times dirtier than it really was. Was there an innuendo there, perhaps. But it didn't happen the way Kelly set it up, and was no where near as demeaning as one would think by watching the debate. Trump's comment was said on an entertainment program. Compare the comment to the things that are said on the sitcoms like Two and 1/2 men....... It's nothing.

fox-news-presidential-debate-fail.jpg

This morning, news sources quoted Megyn Kelly as saying, “I hope Donald Trump will show up for the debate.” Fox News has announced that it will be hosting the next presidential debate with Megyn Kelly returning once again, as one of their moderators.

Is it ethical for Fox News to allow Megyn Kelly to force herself upon Donald Trump? Kelly knows that Mr. Trump bowed out of the last debate because she was going to be one of the moderators. Americans still remember how she viciously targeted the GOP front runner, making it about herself rather than a presidential debate. Megyn Kelly has went on record stating that she would ask the same questions. Apparently she sees nothing wrong with how she handled herself during the presidential debate.

Perhaps Ms. Kelly does not realize how this looks to others. She comes off as a woman who is more concerned with making a name for herself than fairly moderating a presidential debate. She seems incapable of letting something go and worse yet wants to use another presidential debate to keep it going. It is as if she is “forcing herself” upon Donald Trump and the American people….

I believe Mr. Trump will show up for the debate and once again, prove that he is not a man to be intimidated. One can only hope that Megyn Kelly keeps her personal issues to herself this time. Her past behavior has been unprofessional to say the least.

Trump bowed out of the former debate to make a point.
It comes down to the leadership at Fox News.

When Roger Ailes – head of Fox apologized to Donald Trump, there should have been a change made so that the former offense did not happen again. There is no evidence that Fox News has changed anything.

In my opinion, there is a great deal of dishonesty going on at Fox News. I believe Fox is using their own people to sway the vote towards Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. Rubio has been tied with Kaisach and Carson more than Cruz yet he's received far more coverage than either candidate at Fox.

Frank Luntz was a former employee of Marco Rubio. Can he keep his professional job and his political preferences separated? Apparently not.

In the days before the August 6th debate, Luntz (Pollster at Fox News) held a closed door meeting for a large group of conservatives. The pollster told the group that Donald Trump was dangerous to Republicans and was turning what “we” believe into a joke.

This news did not sit well with Donald Trump and he immediately called for Roger Ailes to fire Luntz.
Donald Trump said that he believes Frank Luntz has a long standing vendetta against him for refusing to do business with his polling company.

Once again, good leadership is absent and the employees at Fox News are permitted to use their position at the network for their own personal agenda.

Is it ethical for a pollster at Fox News to use a closed door meeting with a group of conservatives to slander the GOP front runner in a presidential election? How can Americans believe any poll results on the word of Frank Luntz at Fox News after seeing what has happened already?

Neither Megyn Kelly or Frank Luntz should be permitted anywhere near the presidential election debates.

If they had any integrity at all they would recuse themselves from this upcoming debate.
Fox News may well win Trump's attendance at their next debate but they have lost something greater.
The respect of the American people.

Marco Rubio Previously Paid Pollster Frank Luntz, Who Praised Rubio on Fox News - Breitbart
Frank Luntz Plays Favorites With Marco Rubio
Fox's Luntz blasted Trump at Koch seminar
They have that **** moderating another debate?
What the heck is wrong with them?
It's obvious they're trying to rig the election.

fox-news-presidential-debate-fail.jpg

Perhaps Ms. Kelly does not realize how this looks to others. She comes off as a woman who is more concerned with making a name for herself than fairly moderating a presidential debate. She seems incapable of letting something go and worse yet wants to use another presidential debate to keep it going. It is as if she is “forcing herself” upon Donald Trump and the American people….

I believe Mr. Trump will show up for the debate and once again, prove that he is not a man to be intimidated. One can only hope that Megyn Kelly keeps her personal issues to herself this time. Her past behavior has been unprofessional to say the least.

Trump bowed out of the former debate to make a point.
It comes down to the leadership at Fox News.

When Roger Ailes – head of Fox apologized to Donald Trump, there should have been a change made so that the former offense did not happen again. There is no evidence that Fox News has changed anything.

In my opinion, there is a great deal of dishonesty going on at Fox News. I believe Fox is using their own people to sway the vote towards Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. Rubio has been tied with Kaisach and Carson more than Cruz yet he's received far more coverage than either candidate at Fox.

Frank Luntz was a former employee of Marco Rubio. Can he keep his professional job and his political preferences separated? Apparently not.

In the days before the August 6th debate, Luntz (Pollster at Fox News) held a closed door meeting for a large group of conservatives. The pollster told the group that Donald Trump was dangerous to Republicans and was turning what “we” believe into a joke.

This news did not sit well with Donald Trump and he immediately called for Roger Ailes to fire Luntz.
Donald Trump said that he believes Frank Luntz has a long standing vendetta against him for refusing to do business with his polling company.

Once again, good leadership is absent and the employees at Fox News are permitted to use their position at the network for their own personal agenda.

Is it ethical for a pollster at Fox News to use a closed door meeting with a group of conservatives to slander the GOP front runner in a presidential election? How can Americans believe any poll results on the word of Frank Luntz at Fox News after seeing what has happened already?

Neither Megyn Kelly or Frank Luntz should be permitted anywhere near the presidential election debates.

If they had any integrity at all they would recuse themselves from this upcoming debate.
Fox News may well win Trump's attendance at their next debate but they have lost something greater.
The respect of the American people.

Marco Rubio Previously Paid Pollster Frank Luntz, Who Praised Rubio on Fox News - Breitbart
Frank Luntz Plays Favorites With Marco Rubio
Fox's Luntz blasted Trump at Koch seminar

LOLWUT!!!

I do enjoy reading your badly worded bullshit.

Please, by all means, continue.

Megan Kelly seems to have no problem with Howard Stern. Yes, I know Howard Stern is not running for president. However, this conversation seems far worse to me than Trump's little innuendo on the apprentice.

Lefties thank they are being clever by using the word "fallacy".

Yep, JoeMoma, it is a false equivalency fallacy.
Actually, I change my mind. You are right, it is a faults equivalency because Megan's trashy talk with Stern blows Trumps little innuendo out of the water. They are no where near equivalent -- Megan and Stern are much worse.

Forum List

Back