Fox's Unethical Debate

This next debate will be very telling because they are going to come after him and they should. It's time to put on the flak jacket, pick up a weapon and go to war. Trump will either excel or stumble and if he stumbles his numbers will go in decline.

This is why he shouldn't go. He's polling in the lead. Why go before a hostile group if you have nothing to gain from it? If Trump loses in New Hampshire I don't think he'll have a choice then because at that point he'll have to engage other candidates face to face but until that happens why do something that offers no return but a lot of risk?
because he will look weak, and his entire persona is built on the guy who ain't weak, who ain't afraid of nutthin, I said nuthin. If appears weak, he will lost 15 points in three days.

Trump already skipped a debate and it didn't hurt him in the polls.
because he was not seen as weak but this time he will be.

Why do you think this?
It has been explained by ck and me. It's clear.

This next debate will be very telling because they are going to come after him and they should. It's time to put on the flak jacket, pick up a weapon and go to war. Trump will either excel or stumble and if he stumbles his numbers will go in decline.

This is why he shouldn't go. He's polling in the lead. Why go before a hostile group if you have nothing to gain from it? If Trump loses in New Hampshire I don't think he'll have a choice then because at that point he'll have to engage other candidates face to face but until that happens why do something that offers no return but a lot of risk?
Because he's running for the office of President of the United States and he must be vetted thoroughly via these debates. If he is going to be the leader of the free world he must stand in the line of fire and field questions that he may not like. He needs to be able to stand up there, get punched the fuck around and explain to the American people why he is the man for the job. Hostile environment or not, its time to show us why you are the man for the job.

Not once in my life until today have I ever seen anyone say that the point of a debate is to punch a candidate the fuck around. Right now FOX needs Trump but Trump doesn't need FOX. That may change in the future but right now I'd lose respect for him if he went on a hostile network without having to.

Because he's running for the office of President of the United States and he must be vetted thoroughly via these debates. If he is going to be the leader of the free world he must stand in the line of fire and field questions that he may not like. He needs to be able to stand up there, get punched the fuck around and explain to the American people why he is the man for the job. Hostile environment or not, its time to show us why you are the man for the job.

Not once in my life until today have I ever seen anyone say that the point of a debate is to punch a candidate the fuck around. Right now FOX needs Trump but Trump doesn't need FOX. That may change in the future but right now I'd lose respect for him if he went on a hostile network without having to.
Then you don't understand American politics.

because he will look weak, and his entire persona is built on the guy who ain't weak, who ain't afraid of nutthin, I said nuthin. If appears weak, he will lost 15 points in three days.

Why do you think this?
It has been explained by ck and me. It's clear.

No, neither of you have explained why he would be seen as weak now but not before. He was called weak before but it didn't stick but it will now?

exactly, he had a legitimate beef. Now just cutting and running for no reason other than "I'm leading in the polls they are going to attack me" would be cowardly

Trump's beef is no longer legitimate? FOX has changed that much?

Then you don't understand American politics.

I understand well enough. You want Trump's blood in the water and you're not getting it.

exactly, he had a legitimate beef. Now just cutting and running for no reason other than "I'm leading in the polls they are going to attack me" would be cowardly

Immaterial. Fox could be the hordes of Lucifer, and if so, Trump must be the Arch Angel, even Michael, and go and destroy them He has portrayed himself as the Strong Man, and if he does not follow through, he will be seen as a weak man and thus he will be finished.

Immaterial. Fox could be the hordes of Lucifer, and if so, Trump must be the Arch Angel, even Michael, and go and destroy them He has portrayed himself as the Strong Man, and if he does not follow through, he will be seen as a weak man and thus he will be finished.

I see. This brings me back to the question I've asked, why now but not before?

Since it has been explained to you, no, you don't get "just once more."

Because he's never bailed on a debate because they were going to be mean to him, he bailed because of Fox's press release. A candidate cannot bail because he's afraid of the moderators going on the attack or treating them unfairly.

Since it has been explained to you, no, you don't get "just once more."

I know what your problem is, you don't like Trump's persona and you think he needs to pay for it and you don't care if a debate becomes obviously biased in order to accomplish that.

Because he's never bailed on a debate because they were going to be mean to him, he bailed because of Fox's press release. A candidate cannot bail because he's afraid of the moderators going on the attack or treating them unfairly.

FOX has changed that much? They're cool now but weren't a few days ago?

No they are still not cool. They have an obvious agenda, a lot of people see right through it, me included. Thats ok though. If Trump is prepared he'll be able to handle them and come out looking even better. He has everything to gain if they go after him in a bias way....or course that all depends on if he knows how to handle himself. He'll face the same thing once he's president x 100.

No they are still not cool. They have an obvious agenda, a lot of people see right through it, me included. Thats ok though. If Trump is prepared he'll be able to handle them and come out looking even better. He has everything to gain if they go after him in a bias way....or course that all depends on if he knows how to handle himself. He'll face the same thing once he's president x 100.

As President he'll have people to do his heavy lifting.

Trump needs to face the enemy.

In this case, it is Fox.

If he does not, he is weak, and that will soon be reflected in the polls.

Watch Rubio gain on him.

Personally, I want Kasich and Rubio. However, Trump has been mellowing somewhat and moving to the center. If he gets the nomination, he will compromise even more with the establishment leaders.

Trump needs to face the enemy.In this case, it is Fox.
You have just validated the OP.
You may think so.

Someone conducting a debate is the enemy of a particular candidate. That's unethical. Game over.
What world do you live in? Unethical it may be, but this no game. Trump has to face up to his enemies. He will lose the edge he has over the rest of the field if he refuses to confront his enemies.

Last edited:
What does it matter? The debates are nothing more than a bunch of showmanship anyway. What I, and ALOT of other people, care about is what a canidate has, and can accomplish, as well as what they stand for. Trump has publicly supported conflicting positions on so many topics that I cannot trust anything he says. Other canidates could, if they chose, let their records speak for themselves, not Trump, he has no record. Only support for various proposals and people that where of benefit to him and his business at the time. Name one thing the man stands for, other than "winning". How will he do it? when? where? on what? These are the questions we need answers to, not "is he tough enough?", Is he this, is he that? I just want him to say what he stands for already. What does he intend to accomplish? If we look at his business record (the only one we have), he has failed several times (financially), he's a bully, he does not negociate (only dictate), he is a totalitarian dictator. He is using the same tactics Obama did:
  • Tell anyone who will listen YOU are the ONLY one for the job.
  • Anyone who disagrees is a moron.
  • Assassinate the character of any threats.
  • Tell anyone who will listen YOU are the ONLY one for the job.
And look what we got when we fell for THAT crap.

Forum List

Back