Fox's new 'fair and balanced' Obama video

Liberals know everything in their tiny minds.

They don't own a TV but they know all about FOX News on "TV."

They never served in the military, but they know all there is about the military especially how gays in the military won't bother anyone.

They just know everything because they tell themselves they know everything.

No it isn't and that is not what they do.
It's only on one show, the five
MSNBC has one Con Morning Joe and the rest are libs.
They have many, many shows so don't just point out one.
I think you all are angry, because Fox is more popular that MSNBC. :lol:

While The Five fits that description, I was actually thinking of the panel segment on Bret Baier's show, which is typical Baier (a conservative), Charles Krauthammer (another conservative), then another alternating conservative (Hayes, Kristol, etc.), and then the lone liberal.

While I never claimed Morning Joe is balanced, I would dispute the claim that it's one conservative and a bunch of liberals. You've got one of the cohosts who is conservative (Joe), you've also got Willie Geist on there every morning (who I believe is a libertarian and his whole resume coming up was working on shows with conservative hosts), and then you've got a variety of other right-wingers that are regularly on the panel (Maria Bartiromo, Jim Cramer, Dan Senor, Mort Zuckerman).

As honestly, I don't really care for television news in general. I mostly read newspapers and a few selected blogs.
then how are able to speak with such certainly on the lack of bias on all networks excluding Fox and that shitheap?

ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, CNN MSNBC and FOX...............hmmmm, I count 6 against 1. That 1 consistently kicks the butt of all the other six in the ratings, does the Left really understand why?? I.don't.think.so. :lol:

You better check those rating again....Fox does not beat the network news

And no, it is not six against one
ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN maintain higher journalistic standards than Fox
Even MSNBC does not sink to the level of Fox in its "news"

No it isn't and that is not what they do.
It's only on one show, the five
MSNBC has one Con Morning Joe and the rest are libs.
They have many, many shows so don't just point out one.
I think you all are angry, because Fox is more popular that MSNBC. :lol:

While The Five fits that description, I was actually thinking of the panel segment on Bret Baier's show, which is typical Baier (a conservative), Charles Krauthammer (another conservative), then another alternating conservative (Hayes, Kristol, etc.), and then the lone liberal.

While I never claimed Morning Joe is balanced, I would dispute the claim that it's one conservative and a bunch of liberals. You've got one of the cohosts who is conservative (Joe), you've also got Willie Geist on there every morning (who I believe is a libertarian and his whole resume coming up was working on shows with conservative hosts), and then you've got a variety of other right-wingers that are regularly on the panel (Maria Bartiromo, Jim Cramer, Dan Senor, Mort Zuckerman).

As honestly, I don't really care for television news in general. I mostly read newspapers and a few selected blogs.

then how are able to speak with such certainly on the lack of bias on all networks excluding Fox and that shitheap?

Not caring for it doesn't mean I'm not familiar with it.

Not caring for it doesn't mean I'm not familiar with it.

so then you do spend enough time watching the networks that you claim are right down the middle, even though you "mostly read newspapers and a few selected blogs". Got it.

ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, CNN MSNBC and FOX...............hmmmm, I count 6 against 1. That 1 consistently kicks the butt of all the other six in the ratings, does the Left really understand why?? I.don't.think.so. :lol:

Then why are CNN and MSNBC's number's so low, if they have such higher standards ?

‘Fox & Friends’ Delivers Timeslot’s Best Performance in Seven Years on Fox News Channel - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

:lmao: MSNBC is a total joke, errrrr.......... no it's really like a bad joke.

I'll concede the network news ratings, not everyone gets cable. But you really need to look at who ALWAYS leads the pack with Cable News. However, those network news sites are as biased as MSNBC and CNN. :)

Then why are CNN and MSNBC's number's so low, if they have such higher standards ?

‘Fox & Friends’ Delivers Timeslot’s Best Performance in Seven Years on Fox News Channel - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

MSNBC's morning show hasn't even started at that point. When it does, Fox and Friends wins, but they are still way behind the networks.

Are you trying to equate high journalistic standards to ratings?

I'll concede the network news ratings, not everyone gets cable. But you really need to look at who ALWAYS leads the pack with Cable News. However, those network news sites are as biased as MSNBC and CNN. :)

No they are not

The networks, PBS and CNN set high journalistic standards and are recognized around the globe for their journalistic integrity...Fox News is not

No they are not

The networks, PBS and CNN set high journalistic standards and are recognized around the globe for their journalistic integrity...Fox News is not

Theyt are also recognized around the globe for falling short of reasonable journalistic standards and having compromised their journalistic integrity.

So 15 years ago when CNN had the highest ratings, they didn't have high journalistic standards? Is that what you're saying?

:eusa_whistle:

'Fox And Friends' Anti-Obama Video Could Double As GOP Ad (VIDEO)

"Fox and Friends" aired a remarkable four-minute video on its Wednesday show.

The video, which the hosts of the show advertised as taking a "look back" at President Obama's four years in office, could easily be mistaken for a Republican attack ad. It was aired multiple times throughout the show.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda":

As the guy who challenged the Obama administration two years when it tried to deny Fox News access to interviews and other opportunities offered to the media on the grounds that Fox was not a legitimate news operation, I have to tell you even I am shocked by how blatantly Fox is throwing off any pretense of being a journalistic entity with videos like this. Don't be fooled by Bret Baier's Boy Scout smile or all the talk about how some shows are news and some are opinion on the channel. Any news organization that puts up this kind of video is rotten to the core.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MoWJnvYFDg&feature=player_embedded]Fox News Video - Obama "Then and Now" - YouTube[/ame]

watching the video. I can see where you think it is "Anti-Obama" but, in all honesty, it seems pretty accurate. If an accurate accounting of what he had said vs what he has done is considered "anti-obama" maybe you should look at the differences yourself.

Its just the truth of his words compared to the actions of the country under his presidency.

It's "accurate" in the sense that they didn't make up any numbers, but it's presented in a highly misleading fashion. Key example: the claim that gas prices have risen from $2.50 a gallon when Obama took office to $3.68 today. That's true, but leaves out that oil took a nosedive in late 2008 due to the decline in industry activity. Before that decline, gas prices were pushing $4 a gallon. Gas being near that level today doesn't show that Obama is incompenant, it shows that demand for gas is higher because we're not flying off a cliff.

Still it is accurate. They aren't lying at all. I've seen worse done to repubs very recently on MSNBC with the whole faux "War on women" business they were trying to push before.

I don't think MSNBC was wrong for doing it when they did since they used facts and I don't think FOX is wrong for doing it now since they used facts.

:eusa_whistle:

'Fox And Friends' Anti-Obama Video Could Double As GOP Ad (VIDEO)

"Fox and Friends" aired a remarkable four-minute video on its Wednesday show.

The video, which the hosts of the show advertised as taking a "look back" at President Obama's four years in office, could easily be mistaken for a Republican attack ad. It was aired multiple times throughout the show.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda":

Has anybody mentioned the way Newsweek essentially became a cum-laden Obama groupie four years ago...?

FAIL:

sarah-palin-newsweek-cover.jpg

newsweek_palin_cover.jpg

342965622.jpg

sarah-palin-newsweek-cover.jpg

All these cover stories were positive portrayals.

No they are not at all.....you picked at least 2 examples of negative covers :lol:

No they are not

Theyt are also recognized around the globe for falling short of reasonable journalistic standards and having compromised their journalistic integrity.

Only by conservatives

In terms of award winning journalism, FoxNews consistently falls short

That's fair enough, as I know you well enough to know that you actually believe that. We have a fundamental disagreement about how truthful people should be.

Edit: for Plymco re: his post comparing MSNBC and Fox a few posts above this.

Last edited:

So 15 years ago when CNN had the highest ratings, they didn't have high journalistic standards? Is that what you're saying?

Are you really this dumb?

getting out of Iraq

You don't understand that the timetable for withdrawal from Iraq was established while Bush was still in office. Do you?

saving the auto industry,

:lol:

preventing a depression....

I guess Fox ran out of time

I guess Fox needs your brand of Koolaid.

I have a song for you two :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLcilJGPo68]Hey There Obama (Drink the Kool Aid) - YouTube[/ame]

Actively promoting the Tea Party and the conservative agenda while attacking the left is fair and balanced? I don't think so.

That's what MSNBC does, actively promotes the liberal agenda and attacks the right.
And the fair and balanced, is about equal points of view being discussed (which it does) and having more libs on the show (which it does), on some of the shows, not about the agenda.

Having a token liberal on a panel of three or more conservatives isn't balanced.

ZOMG YOUR SO RACIST!!!!!! Don't call Juan Williams a "Token" you racist (c'mon i'm joking)

Forum List

Back