Fox Wars

Psst, nothing you put in there makes me a "liar".

First of all, the study didn't include any news programs from the major networks, WHICH ARE ON AT 6:00, only from 24-Hour News networks, and then only after 7:00.

Duh.

Oh, and all the prime-time shows that were highest-rated are what? Say it with me, OPINION SHOWS.

you are a liar. You quoted me as saying something I did not say and haven't bothered to correct it. You, sir, are a liar.

Seems he is on many levels. I've not a problem with partisans, but liars get me nuts.

And even the ratings for Sheppard Smith's "News" show are just carried over because his time-slot is surrounded by OPINION shows.

Because, as was previously stated, a vast majority of FoxNews' programming is OPINION shows, which work in synchronicity with the actual "news" stories Fox chooses to run.

Blah, blah. Now you're switching to apples and oranges. On that, it's a matter of time. May not be FOX but the 'networks' are dinosaurs.

How am I switching anything? And why would I care about Fox's comparison to MSNBC? I hate them both.

But again, Ratings have no bearing on "truth" at all.

In fact, generally, the more controversial, biased, and false the show in question, the higher it's ratings.

That's why Fox's Opinion shows do better than their actual news shows. Because they can lie all they want with impunity.

Blah, blah. Now you're switching to apples and oranges. On that, it's a matter of time. May not be FOX but the 'networks' are dinosaurs.

How am I switching anything? And why would I care about Fox's comparison to MSNBC? I hate them both.

Not just MSNBC, it's the whole report. In any case, you've exposed yourself, anyone reading can make their own conclusions.

And even the ratings for Sheppard Smith's "News" show are just carried over because his time-slot is surrounded by OPINION shows.

Because, as was previously stated, a vast majority of FoxNews' programming is OPINION shows, which work in synchronicity with the actual "news" stories Fox chooses to run.

Now you're coming across as Mr Whiny McWhine. You cannot possibly back up your comment about why Sheppard Smith's show is popular. It's an opinion - oh my God! You stated an opinion as fact!

Now you're coming across as Mr Whiny McWhine. You cannot possibly back up your comment about why Sheppard Smith's show is popular. It's an opinion - oh my God! You stated an opinion as fact!

Too true! It's funny how FOX makes their head's explode! Seems it's now their programming directors, guess the other cable networks hire fools? The networks must be hiring from the newspapers, as they are losing at comparable rates. :lol:

Not just MSNBC, it's the whole report. In any case, you've exposed yourself, anyone reading can make their own conclusions.

Sure, I did. Whatever you say. Of course they will.

Because ratings are surely a measure of truth in the first place.

Uh oh, looks like the righties are ganging up on me, desperate to defend their cult of FoxNews.

So sad.

It's only crazy partisans like you people that can stand to watch FoxNews or MSNBC on a regular basis, much less than go off about how "Fair and Balanced" they are.

ROFL.

Have fun drinking the Kool Aid in your private little bubble world. Out here in the world of reality, I have to go have a social life.

Later.

Uh oh, looks like the righties are ganging up on me, desperate to defend their cult of FoxNews.

So sad.

It's only crazy partisans like you people that can stand to watch FoxNews or MSNBC on a regular basis, much less than go off about how "Fair and Balanced" they are.

ROFL.

Have fun drinking the Kool Aid in your private little bubble world. Out here in the world of reality, I have to go have a social life.

Later.

I'm not a defender of any media outlet. You assume that an explanation equals support. It is no wonder you struggle with news programs.

And, just for a point of fact: The kool aid is only drunk by the left - Jim was a friend of the left, not the right so the kool aid label doesn't work. Idiot.

So sad.

ROFL.

Later.

spoken like a true liberal, when all else fails pull out your victim card! adios.

Sure, I did. Whatever you say. Of course they will.

Because ratings are surely a measure of truth in the first place.

Right, you aren't backing up and trying, though failing to cya:

Vast LWC said:
Psst, nothing you put in there makes me a "liar".

First of all, the study didn't include any news programs from the non-cable, non-24-hour, major networks, WHICH ARE ON AT 6:00, but instead only included statistics from 24-Hour News networks, and then only after 7:00.

Duh.

Oh, and all the prime-time shows that were highest-rated are what? Say it with me, OPINION SHOWS.

Vast LWC said:
Their ratings are 'highest' for their OPINION shows, not for their news shows.

I like for my news broadcasters to get on the air and simply state the facts. I am a smart enough guy to make up my own opinion about issues and I don't need somebody else to tell me what I should be thinking. Just tell me what happened in the good old who, what, when, where and why format. I'll figure the rest out by myself. Fox isn't a perfect news network but their ratings are the highest because in my opinion they are the only news channel that even comes close to reporting the news in a responsible way. The other news channels are only cheer leaders for Obama and the Democratic party.

Once again, you lie:

Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, September 2, 2009 - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com

Cable News Ratings: Fox News Remains Dominant - 2009-10-27 14:36:12 EDT | Broadcasting & Cable

Cable News Ratings: Fox News Remains Dominant
CNN slips to fourth in weeknight prime demo

By Marisa Guthrie -- Broadcasting & Cable, 10/27/2009 2:36:12 PM

CNN slipped to fourth in primetime at 7, 8 and 10 p.m. among cable news networks in the key sales demographic for the month of October, Nielsen data showed. The meager showing in primetime marks a decline of 78% in the demo compared to October 2008, when the election was juicing cable news numbers across the board.

October 2008 was a particularly strong month leading into last year's election. As such, all networks showed year-to-year declines in total viewers and news' target sales demographic of 25-54-year-olds. MSNBC is down 63% in the primetime demo while Fox News Channel was off 36% and HLN and CNBC were each down 29%. But CNN was also down 22% from its October 2007 prime demo average.

In primetime (Mon-Sun 8-11 p.m.), CNN averaged 664,000 viewers with 186,000 in the demo. That was just enough to edge out its cable sibling HLN in the demo (185,000). HLN also finished fourth in total viewers with 513,000. But for weekday prime, CNN was down to fourth in the demo (202,000 viewers) compared to perennial leader Fox News Channel (689,000), MSNBC (250,000) and HLN (221,000).

Fox News remained dominant across all day-parts. In primetime (Mon-Sun, 8-11 p.m.), Fox News averaged 2.1 million viewers with 560,000 in the demo. MSNBC was second with 699,000 viewers, 234,000 in the demo followed by CNN and HLN.

Fox News has also been aided by the White House’s strategy to de-legitimize the network. The administration’s battle with Fox News was the fifth most covered story for the week ended Oct. 25 accounting for 15% of the news hole, according to the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism weekly coverage index. The economic crisis was first followed by Afghanistan, the health care debate and swine flu. The network is up 9% in total viewers and up 14% in the demo since the feud started three weeks ago.

Fox News also had all ten of the top-ten shows in cable news in both the demo and total viewers led by The O’Reilly Factor (3.3 million viewers, 875,000 in the demo), Glenn Beck (2.7 million viewers, 712,000 in the demo), Hannity (2.3 million, 659,000 in the demo) and On the Record with Greta Van Susteren (1.9 million, 533,000 in the demo).

MSNBC notched second place finishes in most of the key week-night prime-time hours. At 7 p.m., Hardball with Chris Matthews was second in the time slot averaging 649,000 viewers with 182,000 in the demo. HLN’s Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell out-rated CNN’s Lou Dobbs Tonight in the demo (168,000 to 163,000) while Dobbs prevailed among total viewers (631,000 to 462,000).

Fox Report with Shepard Smith was the most-watched program at 7 p.m. with 1.9 million viewers and 463,000 in the demo.

At 8 p.m., MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann bested HLN’s Nancy Grace, among total viewers (1 million to 830,000) and the demo (294,000 to 269,000), while CNN’s Campbell Brown was stuck in fourth among total viewers (648,000) and the demo (161,000).

The O’Reilly Factor was the top-rated cable news program in the 8 p.m. hour for the 107th consecutive month.

At 9 p.m., MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show bested CNN’s Larry King Live in total viewers (880,000 to 842,000) and the demo (246,000 to 224,000). That was enough for a third-place finish for LKL against HLN’s newest entry, The Joy Behar Show which averaged 535,000 total viewers and 183,000 in the demo. Fox News' Hannity was the top-rated program for the hour.

At 10 p.m., Anderson Cooper 360 dropped to fourth in the demo (210,000) against reruns of Nancy Grace (222,000) and Countdown (218,000).

Your point appears to be well made, but in the numbers from that ratings link is something I find rather sad.

5PM: Glenn Beck– 2,676,000 viewers
6PM: Special Report with Bret Baier– 2,032,000 viewers
7PM: The Fox Report w/ Shep –1,899,000 viewers
8PM: The O’Reilly Factor – 3,124,000 viewers
9 PM: Hannity –2,866,000 viewers
10 PM: On The Record w/ Greta Van Susteren —2,374,000 viewers

Of all the programming over this 6 hour period, the least watched show on Fox News is.....the news.

When did watching the raw news and making up one's own mind become so much less important that watching the news opinion shows and being told what the news means and what the story behind the news 'really' is?

I haven't checked, but I suspect the same is true for other cable news channels. I'm prepared to be corrected if anyone else would care to look it up.

No wonder the left and right can hardly stand to be in the same room with each other.

Once again, you lie:

Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, September 2, 2009 - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com

Cable News Ratings: Fox News Remains Dominant - 2009-10-27 14:36:12 EDT | Broadcasting & Cable

CNN slipped to fourth in primetime at 7, 8 and 10 p.m. among cable news networks in the key sales demographic for the month of October, Nielsen data showed. The meager showing in primetime marks a decline of 78% in the demo compared to October 2008, when the election was juicing cable news numbers across the board.

October 2008 was a particularly strong month leading into last year's election. As such, all networks showed year-to-year declines in total viewers and news' target sales demographic of 25-54-year-olds. MSNBC is down 63% in the primetime demo while Fox News Channel was off 36% and HLN and CNBC were each down 29%. But CNN was also down 22% from its October 2007 prime demo average.

In primetime (Mon-Sun 8-11 p.m.), CNN averaged 664,000 viewers with 186,000 in the demo. That was just enough to edge out its cable sibling HLN in the demo (185,000). HLN also finished fourth in total viewers with 513,000. But for weekday prime, CNN was down to fourth in the demo (202,000 viewers) compared to perennial leader Fox News Channel (689,000), MSNBC (250,000) and HLN (221,000).

Fox News remained dominant across all day-parts. In primetime (Mon-Sun, 8-11 p.m.), Fox News averaged 2.1 million viewers with 560,000 in the demo. MSNBC was second with 699,000 viewers, 234,000 in the demo followed by CNN and HLN.

Fox News has also been aided by the White House’s strategy to de-legitimize the network. The administration’s battle with Fox News was the fifth most covered story for the week ended Oct. 25 accounting for 15% of the news hole, according to the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism weekly coverage index. The economic crisis was first followed by Afghanistan, the health care debate and swine flu. The network is up 9% in total viewers and up 14% in the demo since the feud started three weeks ago.

Fox News also had all ten of the top-ten shows in cable news in both the demo and total viewers led by The O’Reilly Factor (3.3 million viewers, 875,000 in the demo), Glenn Beck (2.7 million viewers, 712,000 in the demo), Hannity (2.3 million, 659,000 in the demo) and On the Record with Greta Van Susteren (1.9 million, 533,000 in the demo).

MSNBC notched second place finishes in most of the key week-night prime-time hours. At 7 p.m., Hardball with Chris Matthews was second in the time slot averaging 649,000 viewers with 182,000 in the demo. HLN’s Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell out-rated CNN’s Lou Dobbs Tonight in the demo (168,000 to 163,000) while Dobbs prevailed among total viewers (631,000 to 462,000).

Fox Report with Shepard Smith was the most-watched program at 7 p.m. with 1.9 million viewers and 463,000 in the demo.

At 8 p.m., MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann bested HLN’s Nancy Grace, among total viewers (1 million to 830,000) and the demo (294,000 to 269,000), while CNN’s Campbell Brown was stuck in fourth among total viewers (648,000) and the demo (161,000).

The O’Reilly Factor was the top-rated cable news program in the 8 p.m. hour for the 107th consecutive month.

At 9 p.m., MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show bested CNN’s Larry King Live in total viewers (880,000 to 842,000) and the demo (246,000 to 224,000). That was enough for a third-place finish for LKL against HLN’s newest entry, The Joy Behar Show which averaged 535,000 total viewers and 183,000 in the demo. Fox News' Hannity was the top-rated program for the hour.

At 10 p.m., Anderson Cooper 360 dropped to fourth in the demo (210,000) against reruns of Nancy Grace (222,000) and Countdown (218,000).

Your point appears to be well made, but in the numbers from that ratings link is something I find rather sad.

Of all the programming over this 6 hour period, the least watched show on Fox News is.....the news.

When did watching the raw news and making up one's own mind become so much less important that watching the news opinion shows and being told what the news means and what the story behind the news 'really' is?

I haven't checked, but I suspect the same is true for other cable news channels. I'm prepared to be corrected if anyone else would care to look it up.

No wonder the left and right can hardly stand to be in the same room with each other.

All I can say is that I rarely watch the 'opinion' shows. Only when there is something 'big' that I pick up off of yahoo or another source, such as 'Lieberman says..."

Once again, you lie:

The only one I watch with any regularity is the O'Reilly Factor. and yep O'Reilly has an opinion which dosen't fall to the right all the time. Secondly he always let's the other side voice their opinion. it sometimes even dissolves into shouting matches but hey everybody gets heard. The only person I know of who O'Reilly said won't be invited back is that dude who told Juan Williams to go sit on the porch. His invitations has been withdrawn.

For VastBrainless -- This is the prime-time lineup at FNC:

5:00 - "Glenn Beck" -- Glenn Beck (Political Opinion/Talk)
6:00 - "Special Report" -- Bret Baier (Straight political news, D.C.)
7:00 - "The Fox Report" -- Sheppard Smith (Straight News, world and national)
8:00 - "The O'Reilly Factor" -- Bill O'Reilly (News magazine, opinion/talk)
9:00 - "Hannity" -- Sean Hannity (Political Opinion/talk)
10:00 - "On the Record" -- Greta Van Susteren (News Magazine, variety)
11:00 - Bill O'Reilly (Re-run of the 8:00 show)

Baier's show is straight news. The only interviews are with reporters. There is NO opinion anywhere in it, ever. It used to be Bret Hume's news show. It focuses on political news, mostly out of D.C.

Each of the rest of the shows present both sides of every issue. Which is getting a tad harder to do, since very few far-lefties will come on FNC. But they manage. Each of the rest of the shows have standing invitations for anyone in the administration or in Congress to come on anytime they wish. And this is why they are kicking the SNOT out of all competition on a consistent basis.

You should do what millions more are doing since this "war" started -- actually tune in and watch.

Now, on to Rather.

You continue to assert he was "fired" after only one month after his faked Booooosh service documents, even after it's been shown to you in this thread that's not accurate. So, you're giving the definite impression you don't want to be an honest participant in discussion.

Summary: The WH "war" on FNC is a complete backfire. FNC's ratings are hitting the stratosphere. The more you bots lie about it, the more people tune in and see you're lying. And they STAY.

What Obama should do instead of the juvenile, childish boycotts and Nixonian attacks is, GO on the shows. Maybe even just one, such as O'Reilly. His sit-down with O'Reilly during the campaign got him MY vote, as it did no doubt millions of others. He's stupid to demonize such a large group of Americans who watch FNC, by demonizing FNC.

He should confront the talk hosts directly, on their shows, if they are "lying" or, just ignore them.

Booooosh isn't a good devil anymore, so the cult had to invent another one. FNC was the choice. And you mindless, indiscriminate imbibers of the WH kool-aid just lap it right up and regurgitate it, never even wondering if it's a good idea or not. You have willingly suspended all critical thinking in order to enjoy being in the cult. It's the same as when movie-goers willingly suspend disbelief, in order to enjoy a sci-fi or horror movie. And you're blissfully unaware of it.

Your obvious drawback is, FNC is going to still be around long after Obama is gone. They are going to be here today, tomorrow, next week, next year, next decade. You cannot "win" a "war" with a media outlet -- it's been tried! Obama and all of you faithful cultists should take the Nixon lesson and apply it.

Before it's too late.

The only person I know of who O'Reilly said won't be invited back is that dude who told Juan Williams to go sit on the porch. His invitations has been withdrawn.
Yup, Warren Ballentine basically said Juan wasn't a "real" black, and basically called him a Uncle Tom. Which Williams is as far from that as it gets.

But this is nothing new, demonizing blacks who don't toe the mark is old hat for the far-left. Here's Williams' retort, which also shows the offense:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_z-Iyus8SY]YouTube - Juan Williams Fires Back at Warren Ballentine for Being Told "Go Back to the Porch"[/ame]

There's no excuse for it.

I'm kind of torn on this issue. I don't think any network should be boycotted, but at the same time, all they do-do is bash the mother-fucker and you can't really argue that.

Put a negative spin and speculation on everything I do in life, then ask me for a favor. tsk, tsk.

Bash him or put him under well deserved scrutiny?
How much Fox news do you watch to arrive at your opinion?

I'm kind of torn on this issue. I don't think any network should be boycotted, but at the same time, all they do-do is bash the mother-fucker and you can't really argue that.

Put a negative spin and speculation on everything I do in life, then ask me for a favor. tsk, tsk.

The treasury tried to run a boycott of Fox, a WH pool news organization, by making an interviewee available to all pool members but Fox. By expecting to be included in the interview, do you really think Fox was expecting a favor? I don't think so. Apparently nor did the other news organizations.

Bash him or put him under well deserved scrutiny?
How much Fox news do you watch to arrive at your opinion?

Bash him. And before him, bash "the left" in any way shape or form. C'mon, I'm a grown assed man not a political hack. I watch Fox because I enjoy controversy, and they draw some fucked up conclusions that don't really belong, which is entertaining. That's why I watch, and have been watching for years.

Forum List

Back