Fox News Suffers Worst Ratings In Thirteen Years

Thanks for a hilarious thread. Do you even read what you post?

From the link:
Fox News marked its 149th consecutive month as the most-watched cable news network in May, beating MSNBC and CNN combined in total viewers and ranking sixth among all ad-supported cable networks in both total day and primetime. The network had the top 14 shows in total viewers and the top eight shows in the demo in all of cable news.

It would seem my "search" button isn't working - could you please point out where your c&p appears in my link?

ok on the count of three, everyone have an orgasm over this

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee now we need a cigarette:smoke:

PMSnbc still couldn't catch up to Fox even if Fox did drop some in rating:badgrin:

I hope that burns and chaps some butts...

Last edited:
OP goofed on this one - big time.

I'm not a big fan of FOX, but:

Q2 2014 Cable News Ratings: Fox News Hits 50th Straight Quarter at #1

The second quarter of 2014 is over, and the cable news ratings numbers are in, along with the requisite spin from the big three networks.

The perennial leader Fox News reached a new milestone, clocking its 50th straight quarter and 150th straight month at #1.

Meanwhile, CNN and MSNBC continued their ongoing battle for second place, with CNN scoring a significant victory in total day but failing to surpass MSNBC in primetime.....

logo-foxnews.jpg

Q2 2014 Cable News Ratings: Fox News CNN and MSNBC Quarterly | Mediaite

Merry Christmas, right-wingers! LOL!

See Post #5.
Nice try, though.
Actually, not really.

From the link:
Fox News marked its 149th consecutive month as the most-watched cable news network in May, beating MSNBC and CNN combined in total viewers and ranking sixth among all ad-supported cable networks in both total day and primetime. The network had the top 14 shows in total viewers and the top eight shows in the demo in all of cable news.

It would seem my "search" button isn't working - could you please point out where your c&p appears in my link?

The very first link in that hackjob piece that low information partisan troglodytes like to pass off as news.

You know, the actual news with facts and stuff in it.

Here, allow me to point you in the right direction.

May 2014 Ratings: Fox News #1 For 149 Straight Months - TVNewser

ok on the count of three, everyone have an orgasm over this

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee now we need a cigarette:smoke:

PMSnbc still couldn't catch up to Fox even if Fox did drop some in rating:badgrin:

I hope that burns and chaps some butts...

Unless you're in the business of buying or selling advertising, nobody's butt need be chapped at all. That's all ratings do -- set the ad rates.

In other news, rumor has it next month will be the fourth straight without an R in it.

:gives:

From the link:

The very first link in that hackjob piece that low information partisan troglodytes like to pass off as news.

Since you're claiming you've found Rikurchen's c&p in my link, help me out, point out where Rikurchen's c&p appears in my link cuz either my search button is broken or you're lying on Rikurchen's behalf - I'll accept either as an answer or-----or if you don't have an answer I'll presume you're just another typical, make it up as you go Republican.

While still occupying the top slot among the cable news networks, Fox saw about a quarter of its audience dissolve across every demographic group and time period.

I don't watch it, but I may begin.

I did not realize that FNC could drop 25% of its audience and STILL OCCUPY the TOP SLOT among cable news

Are the other cable news networks really that terrible?:eek: Geez.

FYI, my preference has been to receive network news, ABC, and very occasionally, BBC.

Thanks for the tip.

Since you're claiming you've found Rikurchen's c&p in my link, help me out, point out where Rikurchen's c&p appears in my link cuz either my search button is broken or you're lying on Rikurchen's behalf

"devastating for Fox New" is linked to mediabistro.com. My C&P comes directly from there. Opening lines of the article.

Since you're claiming you've found Rikurchen's c&p in my link, help me out, point out where Rikurchen's c&p appears in my link cuz either my search button is broken or you're lying on Rikurchen's behalf - I'll accept either as an answer or-----or if you don't have an answer I'll presume you're just another typical, make it up as you go Republican.

IT'S THE VERY FIRST FUCKING LINK IN THE TEXT OF THE ARTICLE.

The source material of the entire hackjob piece you linked to.

Dislodge your head from your ass for five seconds and all will become clear to you.

Last edited:

From the link:

Yea, but what does that really mean?

Fox has a huge group of old, fat, white people.

The blacks have BET.

The Hispanics have their own networks.

Gays have LOGO.

and so on down the line. Remember, the GOP is 90% white. The Democrats are every one else.

It's like when the ignorant on the USMB say the two parties are the same. Clearly they aren't.

While still occupying the top slot among the cable news networks, Fox saw about a quarter of its audience dissolve across every demographic group and time period.

I did not realize that FNC could drop 25% of its audience and STILL OCCUPY the TOP SLOT among cable news

That's my earlier point: ratings don't tell us anything about quality of programming or what the audience think of it. Ratings measure attention, which is entirely different from assent.

For comparison, fake wrestling, duck hunters in beards and sorry losers forced to eat bugs also garner attention (ratings). All it tells us is how much an advertising slot is going to cost. Doesn't tell us why anyone's watching; just how many. So bad ratings can only be considered "terrible" to some ad seller who was hoping to clean up on ad sales.

Last edited:

That's my earlier point: ratings don't tell us anything about quality of programming or what the audience think of it. Ratings measure attention, which is entirely different from assent.

For comparison, fake wrestling, duck hunters in beards and sorry losers forced to eat bugs also garner attention (ratings). All it tells us is how much an advertising slot is going to cost. Doesn't tell us why anyone's watching; just how many. So bad ratings can only be considered "terrible" to some ad seller who was hoping to clean up on ad sales.

Which is surveys like this are helpful. They tell us WHY people are tuning in:

A new survey says that Fox News is the most trusted TV news source in America, and MSNBC is dead last.​

Dislodge your head from your ass for five seconds and all will become clear to you.

Nice try but-----but no wonder my "search" button couldn't find Rikurchen's c&p - it's not in my link and-----and I might add, my link made no claim that Fox was not the leader in cable/pundit news. So my question is why would y'all Republicans get all defensive and try to change the subject of the thread away from viewers leaving Fox faster than rat's leaving a sinking ship to - b-bu-but Fox still has more old farts with nothing better to do than watch TV... watching what the choir has to preach?

Nice try but-----but no wonder my "search" button couldn't find Rikurchen's c&p - it's not in my link and-----and I might add, my link made no claim that Fox was not the leader in cable/pundit news. So my question is why would y'all Republicans get all defensive and try to change the subject of the thread away from viewers leaving Fox faster than rat's leaving a sinking ship to - b-bu-but Fox still has more old farts with nothing better to do than watch TV... watching what the choir has to preach?

You linked it dude. There is an active hyperlink in the text you posted. Why did you link it if you didn't want people to click on the link?

Secondly, why are you links to DailyKos, a renowned hate-site? As your article shows they completely mangled the story that was sourced from mediabistro.

Here's a template for the yellow journalism you cited. A news story is focused on Obama announcing the latest economic news and when the reporter notes in passing that Obama's shoes didn't have matching shoelaces, that becomes the central focus on your hitpiece on Obama, that he can't even match his own damn shoelaces.

Other people might describe your tactic as making lemonade when nature hands you lemons. You couldn't use the mediabistro story about Fox because it didn't fit your agenda so your scoured for one minor tidbit and blew up its importance while giving passing acknowledgement to the real story - FOX's continued dominance.

Which is surveys like this are helpful. They tell us WHY people are tuning in:

A new survey says that Fox News is the most trusted TV news source in America, and MSNBC is dead last.​

Surveys and polls are of course a whole 'nother ball game. Or series of ball games, like the -- I think it was seven? -- polls showing Fox Noise viewers to be the worst informed. "Trust" of course is an emotional level, and emotion is what gathers eyeballs. "Trust" and "loyalty" -- or at least a perception thereof -- is what audience ratings are built on. "Stay right there while we sell you deodorant and we'll tell you why your vegetable drawer is going to kill you". "Trust" is what the psychological manipulation of audience-building always seeks to sell, right down to the gravitas of the voice-over on the commercial. I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV, so "trust" me.

Of course, "trust" is a measure of what one thinks one's being told. When what one's being told actually turns out to be a crock, well that's no longer an emotion.

We'll have to dig those polls up yet again, I'll wager...

Last edited:
showing Fox Noise viewers to be the worst informed.

I wish there was a futures market associated with commenting. I could make so much money predicting what debunked studies liberals are going to cite in comments.

Fox News viewers are found to be worst informed when measured against metrics which equate liberal viewpoint with truth. Who could have seen that coming?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8KHOgyYyHQ]Fox News Viewers Are Misinformed Study, The Critique - YouTube[/ame]

showing Fox Noise viewers to be the worst informed.

I wish there was a futures market associated with commenting. I could make so much money predicting what debunked studies liberals are going to cite in comments.

Fox News viewers are found to be worst informed when measured against metrics which equate liberal viewpoint with truth. Who could have seen that coming?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8KHOgyYyHQ]Fox News Viewers Are Misinformed Study, The Critique - YouTube[/ame]

You must be new here. Lemme give you a tip:

Nobody's going to sit through a 20-minute YouTube video. If you can't articulate your point, then you don't have one.

People aren't watching Cable News anymore.

Not Fox. Not CNN. Not MSNBC.

Cable News and Print are the Dinosaur Media.

I celebrate ALL their Deaths!

Nobody's going to sit through a 20-minute YouTube video. If you can't articulate your point, then you don't have one.

Whatsamatter you? You got a reading problem?

I did articulate my view - the study you cited was debunked. Is that too difficult for you to understand? If you want to see the details of the dubunking, they're all in the video. Step by step.

Forum List

Back