Fox News Suffers Worst Ratings In Thirteen Years

Yanno................I watched FAUX Nooze on a couple of occasions, but when they were fact checked by seeing what was on the 'net, and they failed, I quit watching.

I used to watch CNN all the time, because they seemed to know what they were reporting, and I usually watched them while I was on active duty in the U.S. Navy, because they also seemed to have a hand on the pulse of the world, and I could generally see where I was going to be deployed by what they put on the airwaves.

But...............sadly to say, it was around 2007 or 2008 when CNN decided that reporting on bullshit news (celebrities and what they were doing, car chases, etc.) was more important than what was really going on (because face it...............reality is boring and brutal, car chases and celebrities are more interesting to the general populace) that I lost faith in them.

Now? I like to watch MSNBC, because at least they wait for the facts (wanna talk about the Baltimore bombings where everyone else but MSNBC got it wrong), and if they find out they made a mistake, they will air a retraction of their previous reporting, as well as tell you what is really going on.

I also like to watch the BBC (even though I have to stay up until 11:00 to 11:30 pm to see it) because they bring just the facts and let me make up my own mind.

I also like to verify what I learn from the BBC and MSNBC with looking it up on the 'net. So far, I haven't caught either network lying to me like the other two do, and I like the personality of some of their anchors. I like the Ed Show, Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell.

I don't like the bullshit of FAUX Nooze or the idiots over at CNN. I hope Jon Stewart is able to buy CNN from Rupert Murdoch if the sale goes through.

However...................HBO better allow Bill Maher to keep going, even if he does throw a bunch of jokes at the conservative base that Murdoch belongs to. You have to keep a dissenting voice if you want to be balanced.

you think that is bad

mslsd has hit the bottom

-------------

MSNBC placed third in viewers and fourth in A25-54 demo viewers in total day this month. In primetime, the network finished second in viewers and third in the demo; the latter was the network’s lowest in eight years–since July 2006.

Compared to the same month last year, MSNBC was down -16% in total viewers and -33% in A25-54 viewers in total day. In primetime, the network was down -6% and -25%, respectively.

yikes

it gets worse

MSNBC’s daytime programming struggled in July. Marking six months at 4pmET, “Now with Alex Wagner” is down -28% in total viewers and -57% in the demo compared to last year when Martin Bashir hosted the hour; the demo is the lowest at 4pmET since 2005. “The Daily Rundown with Chuck Todd” is down -21% in viewers and -47% in the demo; the latter is the lowest since 2004.

July 2014 Ratings: MSNBC Has Lowest Primetime Demo in Eight Years - TVNewser

Yanno..................I really don't care who has the best ratings, because a lot of them try to spice it up by giving the people what they think they want, rather than what really matters.

I like the news agencies that tell me what is going on in the world (and it better be true), rather than those that throw shiny keys in front of me trying to get my attention.

I really don't care what Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, or any other celebrity is doing, I really don't care who is getting divorced, or what is going on with someone's child.

I care about the fellow military members of mine who are dying, I care about the political situation that is going on (and yeah...........I want to know who is stopping the government from moving forward), as well as what the position is of this country concerning how we deal with other nations.

I care about what is happening to this country and the human race, not some bullshit about what someone who is supposed to be famous is doing.

Wanna impress me? Do something good for your community, your state, your country, or the world.

Fox News Suffers Worst Ratings In Thirteen Years

Thanks for a hilarious thread. Do you even read what you post?

From the link:

Fox News marked its 149th consecutive month as the most-watched cable news network in May, beating MSNBC and CNN combined in total viewers and ranking sixth among all ad-supported cable networks in both total day and primetime. The network had the top 14 shows in total viewers and the top eight shows in the demo in all of cable news.

You are conflating facts.
Just because Fox has the best of the shittiest doesn't mean ratings aren't plummeting.

Just like they are for everyone whose viewers are tired of hearing stupid shit like this.

Interestingly enough, if you have cable and are able to check the 3 big cable news networks, check this out sometime.

Whenever Obama is delivering a speech, check to see if it is on CNN, MSNBC, or FAUX Nooze.

I guarantee..................most of the times that Obama is speaking, it's only going to be on MSNBC or CNN. FAUX Nooze is going to ignore it and go on with their own programming.

Flip the channels the next time Obama is on. You'll see.

Mediamatters, billy Clinton and ever left wing hate site out there did their jobs of brainwashing their base to hate fox news. and here we see it day and day out

all over what, FRIKKEN ratings

can you get anymore shallow, petty and look stupid on top of that?

Mediamatters, billy Clinton and ever left wing hate site out there did their jobs of brainwashing their base to hate fox news. and here we see it day and day out

Actually, I don't really hate FAUX Nooze, I just don't watch them.

I mean.............if only 60 percent of their information is true (and studies have proven this), why would I want to walk around the world only a bit over half informed as to what is going on?

I don't care about ratings, I care about who can bring me the truth. BBC ranks tops in that category.

Thanks for a hilarious thread. Do you even read what you post?

From the link:

Fox News marked its 149th consecutive month as the most-watched cable news network in May, beating MSNBC and CNN combined in total viewers and ranking sixth among all ad-supported cable networks in both total day and primetime. The network had the top 14 shows in total viewers and the top eight shows in the demo in all of cable news.

You are conflating facts.
Just because Fox has the best of the shittiest doesn't mean ratings aren't plummeting.

FoxNews Channel is suffering the same fate as Network TV - viewers are finding other ways to use their time and aren't watching TV.

These viewers aren't abandoning FNC and migrating over to MSNBC. If this was the case then liberals would have something to gloat about because that would be an ideological statement.

People choosing to play X-box or watch DVD movies on their big screen TV instead of watching FNC doesn't give liberals an ideological basis for joy. These people aren't rejecting FNC due to ideology, they're just bored with TV, just like viewers of NBC, ABC, and CBS.

All that, plus the fact that it is SUMMER, you know, vacation time.

To paraphrase Mark Twin, the 'news' of the demise of Fox News is greatly exaggerated.

Fox News has fallen and it can't get up. Ratings for the month of May 2014, have just been published, and the numbers are devastating for Fox News. While still occupying the top slot among the cable news networks, Fox saw about a quarter of its audience dissolve across every demographic group and time period.

And still winning! You numb nuts are celebrating being less than now?

Hazelnut..Hazelnut...Hazelnut....

OP goofed on this one - big time.

I'm not a big fan of FOX, but:

Q2 2014 Cable News Ratings: Fox News Hits 50th Straight Quarter at #1

The second quarter of 2014 is over, and the cable news ratings numbers are in, along with the requisite spin from the big three networks.

The perennial leader Fox News reached a new milestone, clocking its 50th straight quarter and 150th straight month at #1.

Meanwhile, CNN and MSNBC continued their ongoing battle for second place, with CNN scoring a significant victory in total day but failing to surpass MSNBC in primetime.....

logo-foxnews.jpg

Q2 2014 Cable News Ratings: Fox News CNN and MSNBC Quarterly | Mediaite

Merry Christmas, right-wingers! LOL!

See Post #5.
Nice try, though.
Actually, not really.

You posted no facts whatsoever, just some snarky comment about FOX being the worst of the worst.

Nice try? Zip it, pin-head.

very possibly so

Yanno..................I really don't care who has the best ratings, because a lot of them try to spice it up by giving the people what they think they want, rather than what really matters.

I like the news agencies that tell me what is going on in the world (and it better be true), rather than those that throw shiny keys in front of me trying to get my attention.

I really don't care what Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, or any other celebrity is doing, I really don't care who is getting divorced, or what is going on with someone's child.

I care about the fellow military members of mine who are dying, I care about the political situation that is going on (and yeah...........I want to know who is stopping the government from moving forward), as well as what the position is of this country concerning how we deal with other nations.

I care about what is happening to this country and the human race, not some bullshit about what someone who is supposed to be famous is doing.

Wanna impress me? Do something good for your community, your state, your country, or the world.

We know who is stopping the country from moving forward. How? Because they tell us. It's no secret.

Who doesn't know that?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really all about the "trend". Old, fat, white people don't procreate. Young people go on the Internet. Fox will need to make changes.

you think that is bad

mslsd has hit the bottom

-------------

MSNBC placed third in viewers and fourth in A25-54 demo viewers in total day this month. In primetime, the network finished second in viewers and third in the demo; the latter was the network’s lowest in eight years–since July 2006.

Compared to the same month last year, MSNBC was down -16% in total viewers and -33% in A25-54 viewers in total day. In primetime, the network was down -6% and -25%, respectively.

yikes

it gets worse

MSNBC’s daytime programming struggled in July. Marking six months at 4pmET, “Now with Alex Wagner” is down -28% in total viewers and -57% in the demo compared to last year when Martin Bashir hosted the hour; the demo is the lowest at 4pmET since 2005. “The Daily Rundown with Chuck Todd” is down -21% in viewers and -47% in the demo; the latter is the lowest since 2004.

July 2014 Ratings: MSNBC Has Lowest Primetime Demo in Eight Years - TVNewser

Of course, again "bad" and "worse" are only in play for those who make more money by selling ads for higher prices, because "bad" and "worse" ratings don't enable that. For the rest of us, ratings mean nothing.

Considering what makes ratings rise is LCD pap, those "bad" and "worse" ratings can have quite a different connotation in terms of ethics and/or objectivity. That's why Bill Buckley had to take his worthy thought-provoking discussions to PBS. No commercial potential.

TV has known from its inception that the unwashed masses, on the sterile disconnected scale of mass numbers and bar graphs don't want to be informed, they want to be entertained. That's why it was dubbed a "vast wasteland" over half a century ago. Bottom line, what gets ratings isn't information, it's short skirts and quick sound bites and emotion and pounding the table going "Slut! Slut! Slut!".

Last edited:

I mean.............if only 60 percent of their information is true (and studies have proven this), why would I want to walk around the world only a bit over half informed as to what is going on?

I don't care about ratings, I care about who can bring me the truth. BBC ranks tops in that category.

Please link to those studies.

Where were you the last 1300 times these were posted?

From another thread -- see links at the end:

Farleigh Dickinson University undergraduate school is ranked as one of the worst in the country - ranked #585 on a Forbes ranking of 650 U.S. colleges.

The Study in question was conducted as a telephone survey. Only 8 questions were asked, and there was a structural bias issue. The survey was compiled by Left Leaning Liberals , and the insinuation is that it was compiled and edited with malice of forethought.

The survey was the product of a deliberate socio-fascist campaign to bring forward particular, pre-arranged outcomes, an approach that ignores scientific objectivity,which is essential for for any scientific study - which includes statistical analysis.

Objectivity is a basic philosophical concept, related to reality and truth. Objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. The people who conducted this survey were not objective in the least - in fact their surveys allways turn out with the results they set out to achieve - that is in support of their political persuasion .

Sorry Gal, nice try but the Farleigh Dickinson University survey has no credibility and carries no weight.

Riiiight. So it must be pure coincidence that this survey found the same thing, and this survey found the same thing, and this survey found the same thing, and this survey found the same thing and this survey found the same thing and this survey found the same thing, and this survey found the same thing.

Oh and Fairleigh Dickinson followed up that regional study noted above with a bigger one that used a national scope. It found the same thing too.

I'm sure these are just coincidences though. Law of averages. :thup:

Obviously what Fox Noise sells is not information (and that doesn't sell anyway). What Fox sells is emotion. That's why loyalists like you get emotionally defensive about a fricking TV channel. Because they have their hooks in you.

Last edited:

Farleigh Dickinson University undergraduate school is ranked as one of the worst in the country - ranked #585 on a Forbes ranking of 650 U.S. colleges.

The Study in question was conducted as a telephone survey. Only 8 questions were asked, and there was a structural bias issue. The survey was compiled by Left Leaning Liberals , and the insinuation is that it was compiled and edited with malice of forethought.

The survey was the product of a deliberate socio-fascist campaign to bring forward particular, pre-arranged outcomes, an approach that ignores scientific objectivity,which is essential for for any scientific study - which includes statistical analysis.

Objectivity is a basic philosophical concept, related to reality and truth. Objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. The people who conducted this survey were not objective in the least - in fact their surveys allways turn out with the results they set out to achieve - that is in support of their political persuasion .

Sorry Gal, nice try but the Farleigh Dickinson University survey has no credibility and carries no weight.

Riiiight. So it must be pure coincidence that this survey found the same thing, and this survey found the same thing, and this survey found the same thing, and this survey found the same thing and this survey found the same thing and this survey found the same thing, and this survey found the same thing.

Oh and Fairleigh Dickinson followed up that regional study noted above with a bigger one that used a national scope. It found the same thing too.

Obviously what Fox Noise sells is not information (and that doesn't sell anyway). What Fox sells is emotion. That's why loyalists like you get emotionally defensive about a fricking TV channel. Because they have their hooks in you.

ONE>]The first survey you quoted dealt with Climate Change and viewers acceptance of Global Warming.

Quote:
An analysis of 2008 survey data from a nationally representative sample of U.S. adults finds a negative association between Fox News viewership and acceptance of global warming, even after controlling for numerous potential confounding factors

TWO> The second Survey contained multiple Loaded Questions . The answers that the organization conducting the survey deemed correct were allways answers that a Liberal would accept - andin many cases their versions of the correct answer was questionable and highly opiniuonated . It was the equivalent of asking who was the better President - Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton designating Clinton as the wrong choice and publishing the survey results to depict Liberals as poorly informed

most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses
most economists have estimated the health care law will worsen the deficit
the economy is getting worse
most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring
the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
their own income taxes have gone up
the auto bailout only occurred under Obama
when TARP came up for a vote most Republicans opposed it
and that it is not clear that Obama was born in the United States

These were all questions that a right leaning John Q.Public would tend to answer in a manner that would not be in agreement with the "Correct Answer"

Three> The third link you provided is not even a survey - it's an Asian Pop Music site - so I'll just assume you either made an error .

Four > The Fourth Link you provided is probably credible , although it is from a socio-fascist university it postulates that Fox continued to Spread Rumors about the NYC ground zero Mosque -I didn't read it - just the headline - but I'll grant this one might be on target.

Five > THe Fifth link you provided is a Dead Link from NBC News ??? That's 2 out of 5 so far wassup wit dat ?

Six > The sixth Link you provided is from The Kaiser Family Foundation . The Kaiser Family Foundation is hardly non-partisan they are advocating socialized medicine - and have a vested interest in the outcome of the survey results - so I'll simply toss their "survey" where it belongs - in the Trash.

Seven > This is merely a rehashing of the same information from Link # 1 - Wassup wit dat Bro !?

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] - do you actually post your garbage hoping nobody actually reads the links ??

Sorry Pal- You're NOT dealing with a bunch of hal wit Liberals - you're dealing with intelligent people - you're dealing with Conservatives .

Last edited:

ONE>]The first survey you quoted dealt with Climate Change and viewers acceptance of Global Warming.

Quote:
An analysis of 2008 survey data from a nationally representative sample of U.S. adults finds a negative association between Fox News viewership and acceptance of global warming, even after controlling for numerous potential confounding factors

TWO> The second Survey contained multiple Loaded Questions . The answers that the organization conducting the survey deemed correct were allways answers that a Liberal would accept - andin many cases their versions of the correct answer was questionable and highly opiniuonated . It was the equivalent of asking who was the better President - Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton designating Clinton as the wrong choice and publishing the survey results to depict Liberals as poorly informed

These were all questions that a right leaning John Q.Public would tend to answer in a manner that would not be in agreement with the "Correct Answer"

Three> The third link you provided is not even a survey - it's an Asian Pop Music site - so I'll just assume you either made an error .

Four > The Fourth Link you provided is probably credible , although it is from a socio-fascist university it postulates that Fox continued to Spread Rumors about the NYC ground zero Mosque -I didn't read it - just the headline - but I'll grant this one might be on target.

Five > THe Fifth link you provided is a Dead Link from NBC News ??? That's 2 out of 5 so far wassup wit dat ?

Six > This is merely a rehashing of the same information from Link # 1 - Wassup wit dat Bro !?

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] - do you actually post your garbage hoping nobody actually reads the links ??

Sorry Pal- You're NOT dealing with a bunch of hal wit Liberals - you're dealing with intelligent people - you're dealing with Conservatives .

Right now I'm dealing with a hack who plagiarizes his own post without even fixing it. Your lameass response is cut-n-pasted from the original thread, where it was already riddled with rhetorical bullets (specifically here). That's why you didn't want to include the link to your own post (#51 in that thread); that would be soooo inconvenient.

You didn't even bother to excise the idiot entry about an "Asian pop music site", which has never existed in my links. Sorry, the Program on International Policy Attitudes STILL has nothing to do with pop music, Asian or otherwise. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Quote:

Six > This is merely a rehashing of the same information from Link # 1 - Wassup wit dat Bro !?

Your lameass response is cut-n-pasted from the original thread, where it was already riddled with rhetorical bullets (specifically here). That's why you didn't want to include the link to your own post (#51 in that thread); that would be so inconvenient.

You didn't even bother to excise the idiot "Asian pop music site", which has never existed. :cuckoo:

Beg to differ douchebag , You mean the original thread where half wits such as yourself kept on swinging and missing but eventually ran out of breath. That was great entertainment :lol:

I think you scored one hit as I recall - something about the Kaiser Family - other than that you stance was blown out of the water .

No where in any of the crap you cited did it say that only 60 percent of their information is true.

How often do you watch Fox News?

Forum List

Back