Fox News Says Sharia Law Is Taking Over Because Of A Muslim Women's Swim Class

Hey dipshit, if it's not in the contract they can't arbitrarily ban men from using the pool just because a bunch of religious Muslims want to flap their fat asses in the pool. And as your partner Islam apologist Coyote just posted, there are many instances of other members threatening and getting upset over this. So clearly, the members are also on the same page as I am.

And the only instances where this is happening is because of Muslim sensitivities, you can't show me any other instance where this persecution that you are justifying occurs at the Y, can you?

No. Roudy.

As I posted there are not "many instances of other members threatening and getting upset over this" - geez, don't you even read before making stuff up?

In what I posted, there was one instance - one facility - where threats were issued. It did not state the threats came from members. In fact, this is what it stated:
The swim, designed for any woman who doesn't want her bare skin to be seen by men — either for personal or cultural reasons — was cancelled last week after anonymous threats were made saying it would be disrupted.​
So all the instances of "women only" had to do with Muslim sensitivity issues. You can't find any other other instances that men or women are being discrimination from using the pool. Put up or shut up.

I did Roudy. I posted multiple articles for women's only swim that had the support of non-Muslims as well. I'm not going to repeat myself.

You going to keep on making shit up?

Any Y that allows women only swimming due to Muslim sensitivities is breaking it's contractual obligations. Now go sit in your corner when adults are talking, dunce.

What contract are they breaking specifically? What part of said contract are they breaking?
Go back and read the previous posts. You're a little late to the party Gomer.

There's no contract being broken - that's what Roudy can't seem to comprehend.

No. Roudy.

As I posted there are not "many instances of other members threatening and getting upset over this" - geez, don't you even read before making stuff up?

In what I posted, there was one instance - one facility - where threats were issued. It did not state the threats came from members. In fact, this is what it stated:
The swim, designed for any woman who doesn't want her bare skin to be seen by men — either for personal or cultural reasons — was cancelled last week after anonymous threats were made saying it would be disrupted.​
So all the instances of "women only" had to do with Muslim sensitivity issues. You can't find any other other instances that men or women are being discrimination from using the pool. Put up or shut up.

I did Roudy. I posted multiple articles for women's only swim that had the support of non-Muslims as well. I'm not going to repeat myself.

I asked for instances where womens only swim did not have a Muslim component to it. You showed me three more instances where Muslims are infringing, and one which members were angry at the Y.

So you basically proved my point.

Exactly, and nowhere on the schedule does it say men are banned, or the management reserves the right to exclude certain members from pool usage.

I rest my case once more, Coyote of the Foot In Mouth Disease.

Ahh, another dodge. You would do well to rest your case as you really haven't a case.

The point made (and I thought it was pretty clear) - is that the Y membership benefits do NOT guarantee unrestricted access. The example with the pool indicates that members should check the schedule for the open times.

Thought that was pretty obvious dude:eusa_whistle:
Can you show me where it says there is restricted access to the pool area due to gender, at the YMCA aka Young MEN'S Christian Association? Come on DUFUS, let's see it.

You're not making any sense here, let's reiterate the facts:

The YMCA is a privately owned organization that offers classes and recreational opportunities to men, women, and children regardless of what it's name says.

Nowhere in it's membership package does it state that a member is guaranteed access to all facilities during all hours of operation - in fact, where anything is said at all, it is "check the schedule".

You repeatedly ask people to prove negatives because Roudy - you can't come up with a contract or rule that supports your claim.

In the end - they are a private business. They can do what they want within the law.

What contract are they breaking specifically? What part of said contract are they breaking?

Which page is the contract on in this thread? And which part of the contract should I look at to see where the violation occurred? To have a point of reference.

He's been unable to provide any Iceman, therefore he clowns around.

Geez, you really put your foot in your mouth with that one, didn't you. I was talking about OTHER INSTANCES. And here you were bullshitting everybody that it's not about Muslims and Shariah, but rather about not having men <ha ha ha>. I REST MY CASE YOUR OWN. YOU JUST HUNG YOURSELF:

You kind of missed a few pertinant details in your rush here. It's not about "Shariah" - or to be more accurate, imposing Shariah on anyone nor is it for Muslims only.

If you read the article, you would also have read that they specifically asked for "women-only" swim - not "Muslim only", not "Shariah". You also missed something else: they are doing it as an after hours event which should put your mind at ease in regards to having your requisite access to a facility you neither support nor are a member of.

Roudy - aren't you missing something here? Are they being forced to wear Shariah-compliant clothing? Or, can they wear what they wish within the pool's rules regarding attire? Is anyone being forced to wear something unwillingly? Indeed, it states that the majority (though not all) of this particular swim session are Muslim - so what? They are the group, in this particular area, that most wants a women-only swim period.

So, to go back to your statement Roudy: where is anyone being forced to wear anything unwillingly and, even from what *you* quoted - they are certainly not wearing street clothes either.

Who said the threats came from the members Roudy? Are you saying it's ok to issue threats against innocent people? Is that kind of like saying it's ok to issue threats when blacks were being integrated into white schools because it's "not ok" with the members? Seriously Roudy?

Well Roudy, let's review the points made, and you tell me if indeed these are your points:

Various Y's offer "women-only" swim periods that are open to all women.
There is no required dress code beyond what is called for in the pool rules.
It's ok to threaten Muslim women and little girls for wanting a women-only swim period.

You're DISMISSED. Shooooooo!

In case you haven't figured it out yet Roudy, the class clown is not the boss of me :)

Maybe you can clarify another point that seems to wind it's way through out the thread.

Do you have issues with women having a free choice? You seem to want to force them to wear what *you* want them to wear. You like to make fun of them if they want to be able to excercise without being watched (or cat called) by men. In fact, if they have reservations, you disparingly refer to them as "fatties".
All of this blabber and you still can't show me a single instance of a Y being closed off to men OTHER THAN appeasing Muslim Shariah barbarism. Come on smarty pants, 2600 branches, Google Ha ha ha.

You sure like to keep moving the goal posts don't you kiddo? Now it's " can't show me a single instance of a Y being closed off to men OTHER THAN appeasing Muslim Shariah barbarism".

They are bound by what they advertise and represent. A contract is not always written and signed. They are advertising open access to all members of all sexes and all races and religions 7 days a week during business hours.

You seriously are claiming that a Christian health club chain called the Young Men's Christian Association can sell memberships based on equal and unlimited access to everyone, and then arbitrarily close off certain areas to WOMEN ONLY, and not be in violation of their own policies of inclusivity and diversity? Ha ha ha. Get a life will ya. I already embarassed you enough.

I asked for instances where womens only swim did not have a Muslim component to it. You showed me three more instances where Muslims are infringing, and one which members were angry at the Y.

Roudy, there is no point in debate if you are going to insist on making stuff up.

Offering women only classes - as long as they are open to all women - are not "infringing" on anyone but you (although given you aren't even a member in those places, that is debatable).

I showed you NO instances where members were angry at the Y. Either brush up on your reading skills or quit lying.

They are bound by what they advertise and represent. A contract is not always written and signed. They are advertising open access to all members of all sexes and all races and religions 7 days a week during business hours.

You seriously are claiming that a Christian health club chain called the Young Men's Christian Association can sell memberships based on equal and unlimited access to everyone, and then arbitrarily close off certain areas to WOMEN ONLY, and not be in violation of their own policies of inclusivity and diversity? Ha ha ha. Get a life will ya. I already embarassed you enough.

Nowhere do they advertise unrestricted access to all facilities during hours of operation - you haven't shown a single example that is not highly ambiguous at best.

Why can't these women just go in the pool with everyone else? :dunno:
That's what I said. If the Jewish women can find a pool to do their religious bullshit ritual thing, why can't the Muslims? Why do they have to force their religious stupidity and take away other peoples right to enjoy the facilities?

Actually, they take part in YMCA women's only classes.
LIE:

Ann Fuller, executive director of the North Seattle Family Center, . North Seattle Family Center is not the Y.

So you intentionally created a false link to justify your claim.

And the "other Y" mentioned in this article? "That's nice. It's not segregated but brings Christians, Muslims and Jews to socialize together and play together."

Get lost, you just lost all credibility.

Last edited:
You kind of missed a few pertinant details in your rush here. It's not about "Shariah" - or to be more accurate, imposing Shariah on anyone nor is it for Muslims only.

If you read the article, you would also have read that they specifically asked for "women-only" swim - not "Muslim only", not "Shariah". You also missed something else: they are doing it as an after hours event which should put your mind at ease in regards to having your requisite access to a facility you neither support nor are a member of.

Roudy - aren't you missing something here? Are they being forced to wear Shariah-compliant clothing? Or, can they wear what they wish within the pool's rules regarding attire? Is anyone being forced to wear something unwillingly? Indeed, it states that the majority (though not all) of this particular swim session are Muslim - so what? They are the group, in this particular area, that most wants a women-only swim period.

So, to go back to your statement Roudy: where is anyone being forced to wear anything unwillingly and, even from what *you* quoted - they are certainly not wearing street clothes either.

Who said the threats came from the members Roudy? Are you saying it's ok to issue threats against innocent people? Is that kind of like saying it's ok to issue threats when blacks were being integrated into white schools because it's "not ok" with the members? Seriously Roudy?

Well Roudy, let's review the points made, and you tell me if indeed these are your points:

It's ok to threaten Muslim women and little girls for wanting a women-only swim period.

In case you haven't figured it out yet Roudy, the class clown is not the boss of me :)

Maybe you can clarify another point that seems to wind it's way through out the thread.

Do you have issues with women having a free choice? You seem to want to force them to wear what *you* want them to wear. You like to make fun of them if they want to be able to excercise without being watched (or cat called) by men. In fact, if they have reservations, you disparingly refer to them as "fatties".
All of this blabber and you still can't show me a single instance of a Y being closed off to men OTHER THAN appeasing Muslim Shariah barbarism. Come on smarty pants, 2600 branches, Google Ha ha ha.

You sure like to keep moving the goal posts don't you kiddo? Now it's " can't show me a single instance of a Y being closed off to men OTHER THAN appeasing Muslim Shariah barbarism".
Yes, I asked for a single Y that segregates men and women other than for this Shariah swim bullshit and you provided more 3 more instances of the same outrageous bullshit.

How did I move the goal post:

"All of this blabber and you still can't show me a single instance of a Y being closed off to men OTHER THAN appeasing Muslim Shariah barbarism. Come on smarty pants, 2600 branches, Google Ha ha ha."

And then idiot posts three more instances of swim Shariah. Serious reading comprehension problems. Ha ha ha.

No

How do these classes violate the terms of membership?
They don't. That's what they are offering to people on their website, nincompoop

"Ages 15+ can attend ALL FITNESS LEVELS." in other words: No restrictions.

I'd say their goose is cooked.

That only refers to "Fitness Levels".
The Gym is a "Fitness Level"
Another Fitness level would be the pool.
And yet another Fitness level could be the cycling area, or pilates, and so on.

Learn how to read, DUMBASS.

Member Services

21 YMCA Locations
Open 7 days a week
No annual contracts
30-day money back guarantee
Access to Ys across the U.S.

Fitness
Nationally-certified fitness and wellness experts on staff
State-of-the-art fitness centers
Pools, gyms and running tracks
. Check amenities
Free fitness consultations

"Ages 15+ can attend ALL FITNESS LEVELS." in other words: No restrictions OTHER THAN AGE.

They don't. That's what they are offering to people on their website, nincompoop

"Ages 15+ can attend ALL FITNESS LEVELS." in other words: No restrictions.

I'd say their goose is cooked.

Member Services

21 YMCA Locations
Open 7 days a week
No annual contracts

Fitness
. Check amenities

"Ages 15+ can attend ALL FITNESS LEVELS." in other words: No restrictions OTHER THAN AGE.

In other words they have access - but nowhere does it say unrestricted. You already pointed out that it is restricted because the parts may be closed anyway for maintenance/cleaning etc. and it can be closed for classes. Thus they tell you to check the schedule.

Edited to add:

I've not heard your usage of "Fitness Levels" before as portions of the gym. Do you have somewhere that states that because when I look for YMCA Fitness levels it seems to refer to levels of physical difficulty.

How did I move the goal post:

"All of this blabber and you still can't show me a single instance of a Y being closed off to men OTHER THAN appeasing Muslim Shariah barbarism. Come on smarty pants, 2600 branches, Google Ha ha ha."

And then idiot posts three more instances of swim Shariah. Serious reading comprehension problems. Ha ha ha.

You ask for other examples of women only swimming, which were provided. You now insist on calling it "swim shariah" when it's open to all women, of any religion, and any state of swimwear allowable under pool rules. I can find NO examples of pools closed for Muslim women only.

Here's the situation summed up:

1.) St. Paul YMCA purchases a pool with its own money and decides what the rules will be
2.) Roudy - who has no connection to the St. Paul facility and owns none of the assets - is unhappy with the way the Y manages its property
3.) Roudy whines about it
4.) Roudy whines some more about it
5.) (Nothing happens)
6.) Conclusion: if your view is that a pool should provide 100% access to members at all times, go buy your own facility and sell memberships. As an owner you can make this decision.

Last edited:
That's what I said. If the Jewish women can find a pool to do their religious bullshit ritual thing, why can't the Muslims? Why do they have to force their religious stupidity and take away other peoples right to enjoy the facilities?

Actually, they take part in YMCA women's only classes.
LIE:

Ann Fuller, executive director of the North Seattle Family Center, . North Seattle Family Center is not the Y.

And the "other Y" mentioned in this article? "That's nice. It's not segregated but brings Christians, Muslims and Jews to socialize together and play together."

You should have kept reading, and you would have seen the portion of the article I was referring to:
At the Everett Family YMCA, women of different faith — Muslim, Jewish and Christian — come together for twice-monthly swims through a program organized three years ago by Interfaith Association of Snohomish County.

Karen Fagerberg, associate executive director of the Everett Family YMCA, said that on a slow day they see four people, and on a busy day 30-plus. "The program is not just for Muslim women, but Christians and Jewish women, too.

"That's nice. It's not segregated but brings Christians, Muslims and Jews to socialize together and play together."

Member Services

21 YMCA Locations
Open 7 days a week
No annual contracts

Fitness
. Check amenities

In other words they have access - but nowhere does it say unrestricted. You already pointed out that it is restricted because the parts may be closed anyway for maintenance/cleaning etc. and it can be closed for classes. Thus they tell you to check the schedule.

Edited to add:

I've not heard your usage of "Fitness Levels" before as portions of the gym. Do you have somewhere that states that because when I look for YMCA Fitness levels it seems to refer to levels of physical difficulty.
In other words they have access - but nowhere does it say unrestricted. if it was restricted, then it would say so. As it did with age restrictions. Duh!

You already pointed out that it is restricted because the parts may be closed anyway for maintenance/cleaning etc. and it can be closed for classes. Thus they tell you to check the schedule. and nowhere on any schedule ever is there a "women's only class"...Until Muslims showed up.

Edited to add:

I've not heard your usage of "Fitness Levels" before as portions of the gym. Do you have somewhere that states that because when I look for YMCA Fitness levels it seems to refer to levels of physical difficulty. Yeah? However you define fitness levels it still clearly says that ages 15+ can attend all fitness levels. That means ALL CAN ATTEND and there is GENDER NO SEGREGATION...

LIE:

You should have kept reading, and you would have seen the portion of the article I was referring to:
At the Everett Family YMCA, women of different faith &#8212; Muslim, Jewish and Christian &#8212; come together for twice-monthly swims through a program organized three years ago by Interfaith Association of Snohomish County.

Karen Fagerberg, associate executive director of the Everett Family YMCA, said that on a slow day they see four people, and on a busy day 30-plus. "The program is not just for Muslim women, but Christians and Jewish women, too.

"That's nice. It's not segregated but brings Christians, Muslims and Jews to socialize together and play together."
I kept reading and discovered your fake link making it look as if there was a womens only swim at that Y, and then your lie:

"That's nice. It's not segregated.... "

Are you e'fing blind? Ya think that particular Y had enough common sense NOT to segregate it like the idiots at the other Y?

So at this point, I would like to see where in the article it indicates a women's only swim at that particular Y, as YOU LIED in your post.

Last edited:

Member Services

21 YMCA Locations
Open 7 days a week
No annual contracts

Fitness
. Check amenities

Edited to add:

In other words they have access - but nowhere does it say unrestricted. if it was restricted, then it would say so. As it did with age restrictions. Duh!

You already pointed out that it is restricted because the parts may be closed anyway for maintenance/cleaning etc. and it can be closed for classes. Thus they tell you to check the schedule. and nowhere on any schedule ever is there a "women's only class"...Until Muslims showed up.

Edited to add:

I've not heard your usage of "Fitness Levels" before as portions of the gym. Do you have somewhere that states that because when I look for YMCA Fitness levels it seems to refer to levels of physical difficulty. Yeah? However you define fitness levels it still clearly says that ages 15+ can attend all fitness levels. That means ALL CAN ATTEND and there is GENDER NO SEGREGATION...
[/quote]

Roudy, if "Fitness Levels" refer to levels of fitness "ability" - then all that says is age is no restriction to class ability levels. That's certainly how I read it. It does not say there is unrestricted access to all areas during operational hours. You're basically throwing mud to see if anything sticks.

If "Fitness Level" refers to specific areas rather than individual ability - please provide that info because I can't find it.

Who cares' WHEN they started a women's only class or because it was because "Muslims" showed up - the point is, as a private entity it's within their rights and it is enjoyed by all women, not just Muslims.

Forum List

Back