FOX News Epic FAIL

Fox is not the stationed I want associated with mainstream Republicanism until it cleans up its act.

Notice the more the far right and reactionaries are being marginalized, the more the death wail increases.

Your political views notwithstanding, you are an idiot, marginalized or otherwise.

Fox is not the stationed I want associated with mainstream Republicanism until it cleans up its act.

Notice the more the far right and reactionaries are being marginalized, the more the death wail increases.

I thought your definition of reactionaries was the far right?

They a part of it along with social traditionalists and others. Zoom, are you a member of the definition police? :lol:

Ha! No. You use the word a lot and I really wasn't sure who it referred to.

Jake Starkey is NOT somebody wants to be associated with until he cleans up his act.

Notice the more pseudo-Republicans are found out who they REALLY are the more they claim to be Democrats. Or, even more shamefully, INDEPENDENTS.

It's closed captioning. I'm not even sure a human does it.

My mom and I love to laugh at the closed captions on live news. It's freaking hilarious.

Koshergirl is correct. Nothing to see here. Speech recognition software, not Fox editors.

speech recognition software wouldn't misspell words. I think it's a stenographer. fox doesn't do the closed captioning. It's done by a separate firm.

theFOXNEWS and the far RW have been getting it very wrong for most of the past week.

Their frenzy has them in a state of perpetual stupor.

Most broadcasters of live programs use an automatic transcription system to create closed captioning. The audio feed of the live television show is played on a computer, which then uses a speech-to-text program to transcribe it. The audio input is automatically translated into text by the computer, displayed on the screen and then sent out to viewers by the broadcasters. Because of the time it takes the computer to translate the audio, closed captioning on live programs often falls behind by a few seconds.

How Does Closed Captioning Work? | eHow.com

It's closed captioning. I'm not even sure a human does it.

My mom and I love to laugh at the closed captions on live news. It's freaking hilarious.

Koshergirl is correct. Nothing to see here. Speech recognition software, not Fox editors.

speech recognition software wouldn't misspell words. I think it's a stenographer. fox doesn't do the closed captioning. It's done by a separate firm.

And here they are in action...
operators1961.jpg

No, we've moved on since those days; it's done by computer and they make spelling gaffes all the time.

Your blaming FOX for Closed Captioning misspells.

I think this is an epic fail.

Desperate aren't you.

No, accurate, actually.

FOX is responsible for their closed captioning, whether they do it in-house or whether they contract the work out.

If you pay somebody to write a term paper for you, and it's a shitty paper, guess what? You're the one who gets the bad grade, not the kid you paid to write it for you.

FOX even has a section where people can write them about closed captioning issues.

It's just really funny, no matter which network put it up, but since FOX has the most epic FAILS when it comes to their brand of groupthink journalism, it's fitting.

MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry this weekend argued that the alleged terrorists’ Muslim faith is currently irrelevant in the investigation into the attack

MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry this weekend argued that the alleged terrorists’ Muslim faith is currently irrelevant in the investigation into the attack

Just as the little kid pointed out the Emperor had no clothes, somebody somewhere has to state the obvious.

First of all, Boston wasn't terrorism. Terrorism by definition carries a message of intimidation.
  • Planes fly into WTC and the Pentagon means "death to US Power".
  • Murdering George Tiller or bombing an abortion clinic means "end abortions".
  • Bombing a lesbian bar means "suppress homosexuality".
  • Bombs hitting random marathon runners means ...what? "Don't run"? "Stop tying up the streets so I can drive"?

The second half is religion. Lots of hair-on-fire wackos running around screaming "Islam!!", even in the absence of said terror motive, religious or not. Oddly, when Scott Roeder or Eric Rudolph or John Salvi or any number of others perpetrated their own terror, nobody was running around screaming "Christianism!!". Even though their religion clearly did play a part, in contrast to Boston where we have no such indication.

Stating the obvious is sometimes necessary when mob mentality takes over.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back