Would you support a Candidate Min Discloser Law.

Would you support a Candidate Minimum Discloser law.

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Need more Details.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Ok, So we hear a lot about how Romney should Release More Tax Info, and Obama never released his College Records.

So my question is simple.

would you support the general idea (details to be worked out) on a Law that Requires Candidates to Release a min number of Years of Tax Returns, As well as all School Grades?

Am I the only person that thinks it is insane we do not already have some kind of Minimum Standards for the Public Release of this kind of basic Information from a Potential President? Or any office for that matter.

Feel free to offer ideas of Minimums, and any other info you might think we should require Candidates Disclose.

If I thought something would ever satisfy the insanity of the right I would probably say yes. Do we really want the right calling for a release of Obama's pre-school grades? Do we want the rights demanding we find out Obama's DVD rentals for the past 5 years? Do we want the right demanding full disclosure from Obama's children as to what fairy tales he reads them at night?

Personally I feel that we should be able to poke around in their lives to find out what they have done. If an employer can access my credit history and my facebook page then i think we should be able to look a lot deeper into all the candidates. I don't think it will solve much in regards to the calls for more information. The right cannot even accept Obama's legitimate Birth certificate, why would they accept that his grades from college were honest?

If I thought something would ever satisfy the insanity of the right I would probably say yes. Do we really want the right calling for a release of Obama's pre-school grades? Do we want the rights demanding we find out Obama's DVD rentals for the past 5 years? Do we want the right demanding full disclosure from Obama's children as to what fairy tales he reads them at night?

Personally I feel that we should be able to poke around in their lives to find out what they have done. If an employer can access my credit history and my facebook page then i think we should be able to look a lot deeper into all the candidates. I don't think it will solve much in regards to the calls for more information. The right cannot even accept Obama's legitimate Birth certificate, why would they accept that his grades from college were honest?

Take Obama out of it, Say it's after obama. Would you support it. It's not about this one Election, or this one president.

DVD rentals? um, No that is why we should put the Requirements down on paper in a law, so we have standards everyone Releases, I doubt DVD rentals would make it into the law. lol

I really think it is crazy we don't have some sort of Minimum Standards of Discloser For Potential Candidates.

I say a Min of 10 Years of tax Returns, and at a min their basic Grades from High school and if applicable College should be required.

Don't see how anything before High school and College would be needed really.

Perhaps a good thing that could come from this Horrible Partisan Back and forth we have, Could be some Standards. Regardless of how you feel about Either Obama or Romney this fight has put the spotlight on the fact that we really don't have any Standards that we require of Candidates.

Last edited:
Tax returns should absoutly be released as that is a federal manor and absolute transparency is needed.

The whole "oooo ooo! Obama should release his school records!" is just a pathetic diversion from the right wing trolls as they have nothing else just like his birth certificate nonsense. There are no educational requirements to run for elected office.

Tax returns should absoutly be released as that is a federal manor and absolute transparency is needed.

The whole "oooo ooo! Obama should release his school records!" is just a pathetic diversion from the right wing trolls as they have nothing else just like his birth certificate nonsense. There are no educational requirements to run for elected office.

So then no, Even if Obama was not running, You would not support requiring releasing Grades?

Seriously?

lol

Just seems nuts to me that anyone can run for President and not release their Grades. I mean can you get a Good Job in this country with out releasing your grades to them? It's insane.

For me this is not about Obama. I would be willing to say lets not even do it until after this Election, so Obama would not have to do it, and I would still be for it.

Maybe that will prove to you, that for me it's not about Obama, it's about the Very Idea that we don't already require/Demand it of anyone.

Last edited:

So then no, Even if Obama was not running, You would not support requiring releasing Grades?

Seriously?

lol

No, I could care less what Willard's grades were in prep school, but his tax returns are extremely important.

Willard should have nothing to hide by releasing his tax returns like his father and Obama has, unless he has something to hide like tax evasion which is a federal offense.

Seriously?

lol

No, I could care less what Willard's grades were in prep school, but his tax returns are extremely important.

Willard should have nothing to hide by releasing his tax returns like his father and Obama has, unless he has something to hide like tax evasion which is a federal offense.

I think A persons Grades in College are Also Extremely Important. In Fact I would say more Important than their Tax records.

Guess your just a Die Hard Partisan. Tax Returns more Important than how one did in School give me a break. They are at Least Equally Important to judging how well one would lead.

You are just worked up about the Taxes, because you think they can Prove a Crime in this case.

I want to See more of Romney's Taxes and I want to see his College Grades as well. He is trying to be the Leader of the Most Powerful nation on Earth, it's silly he could do so with out telling us his damn GPA lol

Last edited:
Ok, So we hear a lot about how Romney should Release More Tax Info, and Obama never released his College Records.

would you support the general idea (details to be worked out) on a Law that Requires Candidates to Release a min number of Years of Tax Returns, As well as all School Grades?

Yes.

Umm, candidates are already required to release a minimum number of years of tax returns.

Employers request school records.

Did you call for Obama to release 10 years of returns in 2008?

Yeah, the first thing they would have to disclose is their birth certificate. Then their college transcripts and any other college records. Also any passport records.

There are also no financial or tax requirements to run for President. In fact, you can be in prison and still legally elected to be President of the United States. The only requirements are that you be 35 years of age and a natural born citizen of the United States.

Why would I? He already released them :cuckoo:

You right wing trolls are completely losing your shit.

I keep forgetting about that time machine you conspiracy nuts think exists.

FYI, he did not release his 2000 to 2006 returns until March of this year. The fact that you were not worried about Obama releasing gobs of returns back in 2008, yet you now insist that Romney should, tells everyone what kind of person you really are.

Since age and citizenry is the basic requirements, the birth certificate should be on file with the government. Party affiliations would be important. College records, tax records, medical records would be important for our leader. If the people have questions of the candidates background, I feel they are dutibound to answer them. Connected to a lie detector, lol.

I keep forgetting about that time machine you conspiracy nuts think exists.

FYI, he did not release his 2000 to 2006 returns until March of this year. The fact that you were not worried about Obama releasing gobs of returns back in 2008, yet you now insist that Romney should, tells everyone what kind of person you really are.

Willard's dad = 12 years of tax returns released.

Obama = 12 years of tax returns released.

Willard = 1 year of tax returns released.

Why do you defend Willard hiding his tax releases?

Seriously?

lol

Romney has released his college records... not surprising because his grades were pretty fucking good. What's Obama hiding - bad grades, affirmative action or something illegal?

Seriously?

lol

Romney has released his college records... not surprising because his grades were pretty fucking good. What's Obama hiding - bad grades, affirmative action or something illegal?

Is he hiding that his name was Barry Soetoro?

Forum List

Back