Founding Fathers against Obama

No, you inferred it, because you are offended by the idea of anyone DARING to praise or admire our Founding Fathers for anything, since you in your no-doubt infinite wisdom have decided that they don't measure up to your standards. (I am quite sure that, had you been raised in that time and society, you would have done much better. Or, at least, you believe you would have.)

Don't measure up to my standards? Now you're taking words out of my mouth. They created the foundation for the country and should be applauded doing so but it doesn't exempt them from any criticism either. Your second point about if I was living then is a fallacy. So I can't give my opinion or criticize the founders because I wasn't alive then? Says who? You? :cuckoo:

See, there you go. "I know it because I was raised knowing it, so it should have been obvious to people who lived in a different world and were taught completely different values. I'm brilliant and morally superior, rather than just incredibly fucking lucky in the time and place I happened to be born."

Get over yourself. You're a moral pigmy who thinks an accident of birth equals quality of character.

And while your'e at it, pick up a history book, because your ignorance on the subject is rapidly becoming too offensive for decent people to be expected to tolerate.

I know the history. Evidence does suggest that the founders did know it would become an issue. Why do you think they moved the capital to Washington? They created the compromise of 1790 to avoid civil war right off the bat. To suggest they didn't think it was a moral issue is just plain wrong. They knew it was but they didn't want civil war right after the Revolutionary war. That was a calculated decision to keep the union together, which was smart, but was it enough? I don't think it was. They created a nation that was supposed to provide freedom for everybody and they did not knowing full well that they did not.

Last edited:
FFs should be criticized where they got it wrong.

Anyone who disagrees with that is a moral pygmy relativist.

Columbus was laughed at by the Elitists...

Conservatives are the same fashion.

Columbus was correct.

~Go Figure

Columbus was not ridiculed. Anyone with any intelligence in 1492 knew the world was round. It was the Conservatives of the day who insisted the earth was flat

Is that WHY he had to go to SPAIN because Italy, Portugal, MOST of the EU...and the Flat Earhter Elitists wouldn't listen to his ideas?

Conservatives have IDEAS...

These people he fought were the LIBERALS of thier time...Statists.

Guess what RW?

YOU FAIL HISTORY AGAIN.

Great Form asswipe!
icon14.gif

Is your next dive gonna be a high dive with two twists and a snap up?

I realize your knowledge of Columbus is limited to a poem you learned in first grade but the fact that the earth was round was accepted as fact by anyone who was literate. The issue was not "is the earth round" but "how round is it?" Columbus miscalculated the circumference of the earth by 3000 miles and didn't realize an entire continent consumed that 3000 miles

Columbus was not ridiculed. Anyone with any intelligence in 1492 knew the world was round. It was the Conservatives of the day who insisted the earth was flat

Is that WHY he had to go to SPAIN because Italy, Portugal, MOST of the EU...and the Flat Earhter Elitists wouldn't listen to his ideas?

Guess what RW?

YOU FAIL HISTORY AGAIN.

Great Form asswipe!
icon14.gif

I realize your knowledge of Columbus is limited to a poem you learned in first grade but the fact that the earth was round was accepted as fact by anyone who was literate. The issue was not "is the earth round" but "how round is it?" Columbus miscalculated the circumference of the earth by 3000 miles and didn't realize an entire continent consumed that 3000 miles

But then he proved his critics wrong none the less...YOU may STUFU

They were inspired and they were on the money. You want to pretend it's not so so that you can be your moral pygmy relativist self.

Are you one of the Mormons who believe in the "constitution by a thread" prophecy?

That explains from where you are coming.

Guess what RW?

YOU FAIL HISTORY AGAIN.

Great Form asswipe!
icon14.gif

But then he proved his critics wrong none the less...YOU may STUFU

Actually, he proved critics right

He never did reach India did he?

They were inspired and they were on the money. You want to pretend it's not so so that you can be your moral pygmy relativist self.

Are you one of the Mormons who believe in the "constitution by a thread" prophecy?

Oh Joe. I mean Jake. Don't try to put me in a neat little package. I just happen to use my f'ing brain. Try it sometime.

Oh Joe. I mean Jake. Don't try to put me in a neat little package. I just happen to use my f'ing brain. Try it sometime.

Your brain is your faith answer. You moron.

Then Affirmative Silence (your refusal to answer) means you are a Joseph Smith follower.

You have no creditability whatsoever now.

I am LDS and I have heard of the prophecy. Is that time ? I have no idea and often when you try to force something like that....it never fits.

Regardless, there comes a time to draw the line.

The Book Of Morom actually has a great of content with regards to politics (or governance).

Then Affirmative Silence (your refusal to answer) means you are a Joseph Smith follower.

Wow bigot. I haven't even touted religion in my arguments and yet you can't wait to play the religion card.

But even if I believe that the Constitution is a divinely inspired document, how is that supposed to make me a kook?

Would it be unreasonable to think that God would not want to inspire the laws of freedom and Justice? No. So basically, you're calling me an idiot for not be an atheist. Are you an atheist that judges non-atheists down? Is that your deal?

Wow bigot. I haven't even touted religion in my arguments and yet you can't wait to play the religion card. But even if I believe that the Constitution is a divinely inspired document, how is that supposed to make me a kook? Would it be unreasonable to think that God would not want to inspire the laws of freedom and Justice? No. So basically, you're calling me an idiot for not be an atheist. Are you an atheist that judges non-atheists down? Is that your deal?

Gotcha. And you play the 'religion card'? You great stupe, I am voting for the Mormon candidate. You are some type of Mormon, but you won't fess up to it: a cowardly, cowardly behavior. Go tell your priesthood leadership file that you can't walk the walk.

Everyone has the right to their faith belief, and I support yours to the death. And I have the right to say you believing that way is nothing more than the guy who listens to SnapCracklePop in the morning for the betting line at the track.

The Founders were incredible guys, but even to this believer they were also suffering the flaws of the their time. I believe in theme of Jesus in the core of America and its values, but not your way.

You see, I can tell you what I am, but you won't come clean yourself.

You are a hypocrite.

I am LDS and I have heard of the prophecy. Is that time ? I have no idea and often when you try to force something like that....it never fits.

The Book Of Morom actually has a great of content with regards to politics (or governance).

I am voting for the LDS candidate and have much respect for my LDS neighbors. I have read the Book of Mormon through at least twice, and have referred to many times in my life. Mosiah 3 and 4 is a magnificent discussion of government and the peoples' obligation to take care of the poor, the sick, the ill, the widow, and the orphan.

Whereas I can vote for Romney and not worry about his faith belief, I do think the Beckian-Skousen-John Birch perversion of Mormonisn and America in the troubled times is nonsense.

I simply believe anyone of us on the Board should be willing to tell others the base reasons for their support of candidates in the elections. The Great Gatsby won't do that, and I have no tolerance for cowardice.

Wow bigot. I haven't even touted religion in my arguments and yet you can't wait to play the religion card. But even if I believe that the Constitution is a divinely inspired document, how is that supposed to make me a kook? Would it be unreasonable to think that God would not want to inspire the laws of freedom and Justice? No. So basically, you're calling me an idiot for not be an atheist. Are you an atheist that judges non-atheists down? Is that your deal?

Gotcha. And you play the 'religion card'? You great stupe, I am voting for the Mormon candidate. You are some type of Mormon, but you won't fess up to it: a cowardly, cowardly behavior. Go tell your priesthood leadership file that you can't walk the walk.

Everyone has the right to their faith belief, and I support yours to the death. And I have the right to say you believing that way is nothing more than the guy who listens to SnapCracklePop in the morning for the betting line at the track.

The Founders were incredible guys, but even to this believer they were also suffering the flaws of the their time. I believe in theme of Jesus in the core of America and its values, but not your way.

You see, I can tell you what I am, but you won't come clean yourself.

You are a hypocrite.

LOL - You want to criticize me if I'm backing a religion or for not backing a religion. Make up your mind troll.

Here's the reality, even the founding fathers said that the Constitution was created for a moral or Religious people. Believing that it was divinely inspired is not unreasonable at all. It's your own narcissism that makes you want to put down somebody with that viewpoint.

And as for my own spiritual beliefs, you just demonstrated why I'd never delve into deeper topics of my own beliefs with you. Solomon said, don't cast your pearls to swine and I won't. You just showed how you were willing to mock a religion that you have no idea if I'm even a part of. You go tell that to your circle jerk or your black "priesthood rank and file" asswipe (whatever applies.

I am voting for the LDS candidate and have much respect for my LDS neighbors. I have read the Book of Mormon through at least twice, and have referred to many times in my life. Mosiah 3 and 4 is a magnificent discussion of government and the peoples' obligation to take care of the poor, the sick, the ill, the widow, and the orphan.

Whereas I can vote for Romney and not worry about his faith belief, I do think the Beckian-Skousen-John Birch perversion of Mormonisn and America in the troubled times is nonsense.

I simply believe anyone of us on the Board should be willing to tell others the base reasons for their support of candidates in the elections. The Great Gatsby won't do that, and I have no tolerance for cowardice.

If you claim that you have respect for the LDS people then stop making an issue of it. Saying one thing and doing another makes you a hypocrite and a troll.

And don't give me that nonsense about me not telling you my reasoning. I've stated in black and f'ing white that I think the Constitution is divinely inspired. You're just mad b/c I didn't delve into other areas about my personal life to allow you to troll me troll.

I am making an issue of your perversion of LDS political philosophies, The Great Gatsby.

You can't even walk the walk.

Romney will want your vote, but not your stupidity of doctrine.

I am making an issue of your perversion of LDS political philosophies, The Great Gatsby.

You can't even walk the walk.

Romney will want your vote, but not your stupidity of doctrine.

Too bad you can't point to any LDS philosophy that I've perverted (especially since I haven't been making claims regarding LDS beliefs). You keep up with your lies though psychopath.

Nah, Romney is not running from his values at all, just your types in his church.

Forum List

Back