Obama’s gay marriage balancing act gets awkward

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Obama refuses to state his beliefs and he seems to be attempting to please both sides in this issue. He needs to grow a set and be honest instead of trying to play everyone and pretend he is on each side. He said his views are evolving, which is another way of saying he is too chicken to tell the truth about what he thinks. I'm sure his views won't be done evolving until after the election, then it won't matter that half the people were given the wrong impression.

Obama

I'm gay and not getting the "wrong impression". I'm quite clear on the President's policies. He wants to end DOMA. Totally good enough for me. The rest can "evolve" as it will.

I'm also pretty confident that the President will give a full throated endorsement of marriage equality in his 2nd term.

I'm gay and not getting the "wrong impression". I'm quite clear on the President's policies. He wants to end DOMA. Totally good enough for me. The rest can "evolve" as it will.

I'm also pretty confident that the President will give a full throated endorsement of marriage equality in his 2nd term.

What a disgusting thing to endorse. That whore Obama will say anything for a vote.

full throated, indeed

What a disgusting thing to endorse. That whore Obama will say anything for a vote.

He isn't saying anything at the moment, but he will when he's re-elected.

Wow -- I agree with you. I think the president will hold off saying anything definitive before the election in order not to turn off those among his base who oppose gay marriage, and then once he has their votes in hand, he'll finish "evolving".

Wow -- I agree with you. I think the president will hold off saying anything definitive before the election in order not to turn off those among his base who oppose gay marriage, and then once he has their votes in hand, he'll finish "evolving".

Yes, and?

Yes, and?

AIDS should go along way towards solving this. You guys pass that around like party favors.

Yes, and?

I'm intrigued that you appear to admire his calculation.

He isn't saying anything at the moment, but he will when he's re-elected.

Why is he waiting?

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

532.gif
532.gif
532.gif
532.gif
528.gif

529.gif

Obama refuses to state his beliefs and he seems to be attempting to please both sides in this issue. He needs to grow a set and be honest instead of trying to play everyone and pretend he is on each side. He said his views are evolving, which is another way of saying he is too chicken to tell the truth about what he thinks. I'm sure his views won't be done evolving until after the election, then it won't matter that half the people were given the wrong impression.

Obama

last I heard he was still "pondering" errrrr that could be pandering,, I'm not sure.

full throated, indeed

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, and?

I'm intrigued that you appear to admire his calculation.

Admire it, no. Understand it in the grand scheme of things, yes.

Forum List

Back