Founding Fathers against Obama

I just finished a couple hours of studying the Founding Fathers.

Studying, perhaps, but not comprehending.

And as already correctly noted: the Framers would be in much greater fear of the likes of GWB, who managed to squander a budget surplus.

That is one of the most ignorant posts I have read today.....

In what universe do you get your knowledge? Acidville??

Why the fuck do you think they came here in the first place dumbass??? For bigger government?

notice how insults are thrown out but nothing of substance is offered to suppooirt nicks positions. LOL Your post is ignorant because he says so. LOL

Last edited:
So, are you claiming that Reagan didn't "consistently" increase the national debt? (He did).

I never claimed that....
Well, my post was in response to someone who did claim that Reagan's debt was "manageable" rather than "perpetual".

I'll tell you what tho - Obama doubled the debt that all presidents combined accumulated in - 3 years none the less.
No, he didn't.

2009 National Debt - 12.8 Trillion dollars.
Current National Debt - 15.7 Trillion.

Not exactly "doubled".

When Bush left office it was like 7 and now it's 15....

I just finished a couple hours of studying the Founding Fathers.
Studying, perhaps, but not comprehending.

And as already correctly noted: the Framers would be in much greater fear of the likes of GWB, who managed to squander a budget surplus.
Not at all, Mr. Jones. It's Congress who determines where the money is spent, of that I am fairly certain.

I never claimed that....
Well, my post was in response to someone who did claim that Reagan's debt was "manageable" rather than "perpetual".

I'll tell you what tho - Obama doubled the debt that all presidents combined accumulated in - 3 years none the less.
No, he didn't.

Not exactly "doubled".

You're both wrong. It was 10 T. It's now 15 T. Obama's 5 T in 4 years is staggering though.

This is also from the letter TJ wrote to adams that gatsby quotes but does nto seem to understand.

"At the first session of our legislature after the Declaration of Independence, we passed a law abolishing entails [limitations on the inheritance of property to a specified succession of heirs]. And this was followed by one abolishing the privilege of primogeniture [the eldest child?s exclusive right of inheritance], and dividing the lands of intestates equally among all their children, or other representatives."

is that a founding fathers speaking in favor of an inheritance tax among other things to control the advance of an aristocratic segment of the population?

I never claimed that....

No, he didn't.

Not exactly "doubled".

You are simply wrong.

After Bush's 2009 budget (his last), the National Debt stood at 12.8, not "like 7".

So, are you claiming that Reagan didn't "consistently" increase the national debt? (He did).

I never claimed that....

notice how nick refuses to admit that reagan left us with a perpetual debt as well and then tries to change the subject. LOL

Listen here dumb shit - I never said anything of the sort....

EVERY president tacks on debt....

I never claimed that....

No, he didn't.

Not exactly "doubled".

479.png

It's Bush's Fault!
It's Bush's Fault!
It's Bush's Fault!

No, he didn't.

Not exactly "doubled".

You're both wrong. It was 10 T. It's now 15 T. Obama's 5 T in 4 years is staggering though.

No.

The 2009 Budget was Bush's, not Obama's. The debt added by that year is part of Bush's debt, just like 2013 or 2017 will be part of Obama's debt.

No, he didn't.

Not exactly "doubled".

You are simply wrong.

After Bush's 2009 budget (his last), the National Debt stood at 12.8, not "like 7".

PROVE IT....

I'll put my soul on it that is was 7.....

I know that for a fact, because I have gone over these numbers, and have had this debate about 500 times.

No, he didn't.

Not exactly "doubled".

You are simply wrong.

QFT already.

chart_620_deficit_120319.jpg

Last edited:
I never claimed that....

No, he didn't.

Not exactly "doubled".

got a source for that info?? Are you sure it wasn't at 7 when he was elected back in nov of 2008 and not when he entered office on jan 20, 2009? Sometimes you rightwingers confuse those two dates.

No, he didn't.

Not exactly "doubled".

actually it was closer to 11T than 10T. lol However, that does not change the fact that reagan left us with perpetual debt as well. LOL Thanks for the spin.

Last edited:

You are simply wrong.

PROVE IT....

I know that for a fact, because I have gone over these numbers, and have had this debate about 500 times.
Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

09/30/2009 11,909,829,003,511.75

America has had a perpetual debt from the ratification of the Constitution to today, with one exception: a Democrat, Jackson paid off the debt during his term in office. As for today's debt one should ask himself what was the borrowed money used for during the Reagan Bush and Obama years.

No, he didn't.

Not exactly "doubled".

got a source for that info?? Are you sure it wasn't at 7 when he was elected back in nov of 2008 and not when he entered office on jan 20, 2009? Sometimes you rightwingers confuse those two dates.

First off, I am absolutely certain, secondly at the time both the House and Senate belonged to progressives from 2006-2010...

First off, I am absolutely certain, secondly at the time both the House and Senate belonged to progressives from 2006-2010...

You may be "absolutely certain", but you're still very wrong.

Can you find a link to back up your claim?

You are simply wrong.

PROVE IT....

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

09/30/2009 11,909,829,003,511.75

Well then, we're on course to be well beyond 16.9 T by 09/30/2013 - four years of Obama so who cares about your semantics.

I just finished a couple hours of studying the Founding Fathers. They gave ominous warnings against people like Obama and I'm convinced that they would resolutely defy Obama were they alive today.

"We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt." -- Thomas Jefferson
I think not. If the founding fathers saw America today, they would be more likely to praise Obama than defy him. I think they were pretty smart guys and would recognize that their vision of the country 200 years ago is in need of some serious tweaking. However, you guys would have hated them. They studied science, read poetry, European newspapers, Plato, hung out in Paris and thought the Bible was bull shit.

Forum List

Back