Fossil fuel production on federal land at lowest level in 9 years.

For all those pathetic lib dingleberries out there who actually thought they were going to carry off the wide-eyed, disingenuous "He wasn't taking credit. He was just commenting on it" line, let me cheerfully - one might even say gleefully - put paid to THAT for you, as well.

“Anybody who suggests that somehow we’re suppressing domestic oil production isn’t paying attention,” Obama said in Cushing, Oklahoma, where TransCanada Corp. (TRP) plans to begin building the southern segment of its Keystone XL oil pipeline.

Obama Vows More U.S. Oil Production as Pipeline Gets Prio - Businessweek

At Ohio State, Obama emphasized to a cheering student crowd that since he took office in 2009, "America's dependence on foreign oil has gone down every single year."

"Even as the economy was growing, we've made progress in reducing the amount of oil we have to import because we're being smarter, we're doing things better," the president said.

Obama defends his policy on oil pipeline - CNN.com

That's not taking credit, we are just confused because we are right wing racists who hate having a Black Man in the white house.

Fact: The XL pipeline requires an international treaty. If Obama didn't want it to happen, it wouldn't happen.

Fact, it does not require a treaty, it only requires administrative approval of the State Department.

You are right about one thing though, Obama didn't want it, and it didn't happen.

Fact: Under Obama demand has decreased. Two reasons for that is greater use of renewable sources for electricity generation and better technology in hybrid vehicles. Both policies of this administration.

Demand has decreased, because the economy sucked. That is not something I would be boasting about if I supported Obama, but I actually have a brain that I know how to use.

Fact: No where is he taking credit for an increase in domestic production, which is the point "pathetic lib dingleberries" made to show the lies of the pathetic con dingleberries on this thread.

And he isn't running for reelection either. :cuckoo:

So why did domestic production go down every year under Bush and up every year under Obama?

Because it didn't.

Oil production started to go up in 2005/2006 after the Bush policies that favored production actually started to have an affect. Until then we were still dealing with Clinton era policies that were anti drilling.

United States - Oil - production - Historical Data Graphs per Year

For all those pathetic lib dingleberries out there who actually thought they were going to carry off the wide-eyed, disingenuous "He wasn't taking credit. He was just commenting on it" line, let me cheerfully - one might even say gleefully - put paid to THAT for you, as well.

“Anybody who suggests that somehow we’re suppressing domestic oil production isn’t paying attention,” Obama said in Cushing, Oklahoma, where TransCanada Corp. (TRP) plans to begin building the southern segment of its Keystone XL oil pipeline.

Obama Vows More U.S. Oil Production as Pipeline Gets Prio - Businessweek

At Ohio State, Obama emphasized to a cheering student crowd that since he took office in 2009, "America's dependence on foreign oil has gone down every single year."

"Even as the economy was growing, we've made progress in reducing the amount of oil we have to import because we're being smarter, we're doing things better," the president said.

Obama defends his policy on oil pipeline - CNN.com
:clap2: Obama is undeniably taking credit.

Of course, that won't stop the Troo Beleevers from denying it anyway.
Of course he is. He's in trouble, and he knows it...so it's muddy the waters time...tried and true Statist tactic.

Fact: Under Obama demand has decreased. Two reasons for that is greater use of renewable sources for electricity generation and better technology in hybrid vehicles. Both policies of this administration.

Demand has decreased, because the economy sucked. That is not something I would be boasting about if I supported Obama, but I actually have a brain that I know how to use.

We've been recovering for the past 2 years. Yet demand is still decreasing. That's right, the GDP has risen every quarter since Q3 2009. So your claim makes no sense.

Fact: No where is he taking credit for an increase in domestic production, which is the point "pathetic lib dingleberries" made to show the lies of the pathetic con dingleberries on this thread.

And he isn't running for reelection either. :cuckoo:

Of course he's running for reelection, and he's exposing the lies being told by the right wing, by exposing the facts. A few months back, the GOP made clear that they would be using gas prices against him. It'll be a bit harder now.

So why did domestic production go down every year under Bush and up every year under Obama?

Because it didn't.

Oil production started to go up in 2005/2006 after the Bush policies that favored production actually started to have an affect. Until then we were still dealing with Clinton era policies that were anti drilling.

The data shows you wrong. 2004 - 2009 the numbers are 1,983,302 1,890,106 1,862,259 1,848,450 1,811,817 1,956,596 (in thousands of barrels). source: U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels)

[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you use the data from EIA, since you chose to do so in the OP. These are the people that are the real experts for this information, not indexmundi.

On edit: I went to their source, the CIA World Fact Book, and the numbers they use are estimates. EIA has the actual figures.

Last edited:
We've been recovering for the past 2 years. Yet demand is still decreasing. That's right, the GDP has risen every quarter since Q3 2009. So your claim makes no sense.

How long have gas prices been above $3 per gallon?

Of course he's running for reelection, and he's exposing the lies being told by the right wing, by exposing the facts. A few months back, the GOP made clear that they would be using gas prices against him. It'll be a bit harder now.

He counters lies with lies?

Interesting tactic.

The data shows you wrong. 2004 - 2009 the numbers are 1,983,302 1,890,106 1,862,259 1,848,450 1,811,817 1,956,596 (in thousands of barrels). source: U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels)
It does seem to.

Why didn't you use the data from EIA, since you chose to do so in the OP. These are the people that are the real experts for this information, not indexmundi.

Because it was the first one that came up in Google.

On edit: I went to their source, the CIA World Fact Book, and the numbers they use are estimates. EIA has the actual figures.

EIA is also estimates.

All PAD District totals and the U.S. total are estimates. In addition, the following states are estimates: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
I guess it is a question of which estimates are more accurate.

Look for yourself. Gas prices spiked in June, 2008, and took a nose dive as economy collapsed. Prices recovered, but have yet to hit that June '08 level.

He counters lies with lies?

Interesting tactic.

Nice hand waving, but you've yet to demonstrate any lies by Obama. He's clearly working with facts, and his facts are more compelling and believable than those being used against him.

EIA is also estimates.

All PAD District totals and the U.S. total are estimates. In addition, the following states are estimates: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

I'll go with the estimates that were statistically extrapolated. But it's curious that you didn't use the same source as you did in your OP. I've at least been consistent in my sourcing.

Look for yourself. Gas prices spiked in June, 2008, and took a nose dive as economy collapsed. Prices recovered, but have yet to hit that June '08 level.

Nice hand waving, but you've yet to demonstrate any lies by Obama. He's clearly working with facts, and his facts are more compelling and believable than those being used against him.

EIA is also estimates.

I'll go with the estimates that were statistically extrapolated. But it's curious that you didn't use the same source as you did in your OP. I've at least been consistent in my sourcing.

You are consistent in using sources that support you, I used sources that both support, and contradict, me. Which is more honest?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back