Former Transgender Speaks Out on Trump's Banm Brings Up Some Scary Facts

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
I know libs aren't interested in hearing opinions other than their own but there is a lot to think about with this issue. We can't use our military as a sex change clinic. A high number of transgender people end up committing suicide. 40% is way too high and yet that is the percentage of people killing themselves. It's because instead of addressing the real issues they face, some believe that artificially changing them to look like a different sex is what will solve their identity crisis.

"The military is expected to prepare its members in warfare: to kill, destroy, and break our enemies. The most important factors in preparing a strong military are not hormone therapy, surgical sex changes, or politically correct education.

We need psychologically fit, emotionally sound, highly trained troops to protect our nation from its enemies.
While countless homeless vets are currently sleeping under cardboard boxes, or waiting for life-saving care from the Department of Veterans Affairs, we learn that transgender military recruits now qualify for preferential coverage for sex change procedures that are scientifically unproven and extremely costly.
I myself was fully sex-reassigned from male to female, and eventually came to accept my birth gender.

I have over 70 years of firsthand life experience, eight years of living as a woman, 20 years of researching the topic, and 12 years of helping others who, like me, found that transitioning and reassignment surgery failed to be proper treatment and want to restore their lives to their birth gender.

Transitioning can be expensive—up to $130,000 per person for numerous body-mutilating and cosmetic procedures over many months (or years) to fashion the body to appear as the opposite sex.

Yet, no matter how skilled the surgeon, or how much money is spent, it is biologically impossible to change a man into a woman or a woman into a man. The change is only cosmetic.

The medical community continues to recommend this radical “treatment” in the absence of scientific evidence that people are better off in the long run. This population attempts suicide at a rate of 40 percent.

Even after the full surgical change, they attempt to end their lives, or tragically succeed.

Over 60 percent of this diverse population suffer from co-existing mental disorders. Consider Bradley Manning (now Chelsea Manning), a former Army soldier who was so psychologically and emotionally unbalanced that he stole confidential documents from the military and forwarded them to WikiLeaks.
The military Is a fighting force, not a gender clinic and should not provide sex change surgery.

Through my website, sexchangeregret.com, I hear from people who experienced firsthand how damaging and unnecessary reassignment surgeries were. For them, the sex change failed to resolve the emotional and psychological disorders that drove the desire to change gender.

Many write after living the transgender life for years. They write to ask for advice on how to reverse the original surgical change and restore their lives to the original birth gender like I did, a process called detransition.

Some service members will come to regret having undergone the surgery and will want to detransition. Where will the military be then? Will the military pay for the sex change reversal procedure, too?
Failed “sex change surgeries” are not uncommon and will drive up the cost to care for the military transgender population above the projected $3-4 billion 10-year cost.

Beyond the financial cost, there’s the question of the service member’s military readiness during their transition or detransition, as the process often comes with a great deal of anxiety and emotional instability.
I know of many who have struggled to adapt to the new gender role for years after reassignment surgery.
In my view, as a former trans-female who works every day with regretters, allowing the military to pay for sex change surgeries will make a mockery of the U.S. military.

Advocates are relentless in their pursuit of making others, via the government and insurance companies, cover the cost of sex change procedures.

If the military had been forced to pay, the advocates would have used this as leverage to press every other entity—both government and commercial—to pay for sex change surgeries as well.

As a person who lived the transgender life for eight years, I can attest that assisting, affirming, or paying for hormone therapies and genital mutilation surgeries would not have strengthened our military. They would only have brought adverse long-term consequences, both for individuals and for our armed forces as a whole."

Former transgender drops TRUTH BOMB on Trump’s ban

These fags are trying to join just to get a free sex change. No way should they be allowed in.

I read this earlier. Boy oh boy does this veteran make a case against transgenders in the military and only from a fighting standpoint. Not bigoted. Hope its ok to put with yours Clementine rather than start a new thread.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-26-at-12.42.25-PM-998x604.png

Disabled Combat Veteran Speaks Out On Trump’s Transgender Military Ban
July 26, 2017 By Bre Payton

Shortly after President Trump announced Wednesday morning that transgender individuals would no longer be allowed to serve in the military, a disabled combat veteran spoke out about the president’s decision via Twitter.

J.R. Salzman, an Iraq war veteran who lost his right arm below the elbow and sustained a traumatic brain injury during combat in 2006, explained why Trump’s decision to bar transgender individuals from serving makes sense.

“You can hack it or you can’t,” he said. “Political correctness has no place in the military.”

I served in Iraq in 2006. For the first five months I was on a 12 man firebase out in the middle of nowhere in the desert.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Everyday was Groundhog Day. Wake up and do the same patrols, the same shifts, every single day. It was so damn hot. 150° in the gun trucks.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Tracer fire would go overhead occasionally at night. IED’s on the road were a daily threat. We got resupplied food every 8 days.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

The stress of being out there and doing the same job every single day eats away at you. The younger guys had problems with that overtime.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Any tiny little personal issue they had suddenly became a mountain. And that shit came out on that fire base. And they snapped mentally.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

After stepping on each other’s nuts living in the same can for five months, guys were at each other’s throats. The stress made it worse.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Guys would literally snap over a dear John letter. Their personal issues came out and they were instantly combat ineffective.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Now take someone confused about whether they are a man/woman. Take those psychological and emotional issues and put them in that environment— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Take someone who is right off the bat not uniform or part of the same team. Give them special treatment because of their identity.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Take that person, put them in that stressful war environment and watch what happens. It’s a fucking ticking time bomb.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

More at link:

Disabled Veteran Speaks Out On Trump's Transgender Military Ban

I read this earlier. Boy oh boy does this veteran make a case against transgenders in the military and only from a fighting standpoint. Not bigoted. Hope its ok to put with yours Clementine rather than start a new thread.

Shortly after President Trump announced Wednesday morning that transgender individuals would no longer be allowed to serve in the military, a disabled combat veteran spoke out about the president’s decision via Twitter.

J.R. Salzman, an Iraq war veteran who lost his right arm below the elbow and sustained a traumatic brain injury during combat in 2006, explained why Trump’s decision to bar transgender individuals from serving makes sense.

“You can hack it or you can’t,” he said. “Political correctness has no place in the military.”

I served in Iraq in 2006. For the first five months I was on a 12 man firebase out in the middle of nowhere in the desert.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Everyday was Groundhog Day. Wake up and do the same patrols, the same shifts, every single day. It was so damn hot. 150° in the gun trucks.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Tracer fire would go overhead occasionally at night. IED’s on the road were a daily threat. We got resupplied food every 8 days.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

The stress of being out there and doing the same job every single day eats away at you. The younger guys had problems with that overtime.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Any tiny little personal issue they had suddenly became a mountain. And that shit came out on that fire base. And they snapped mentally.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

After stepping on each other’s nuts living in the same can for five months, guys were at each other’s throats. The stress made it worse.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Guys would literally snap over a dear John letter. Their personal issues came out and they were instantly combat ineffective.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Now take someone confused about whether they are a man/woman. Take those psychological and emotional issues and put them in that environment— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Take someone who is right off the bat not uniform or part of the same team. Give them special treatment because of their identity.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

Take that person, put them in that stressful war environment and watch what happens. It’s a fucking ticking time bomb.— J.R. Salzman (@jrsalzman) July 26, 2017

More at link:

^ :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Aw poor little Canadian :itsok:

More at link:

I was just going to post the same article.

The left won't bother reading, let alone trying to see the reasoning behind the ban.

We can't have our military members in such a state of confusion. The military should be ready at all times, not taking time off for therapy or sex change operations. Transgender people have a high rate of suicide after surgeries- 40% is a staggering statistic but the left would rather encourage them to take the wrong approach to their real issues even if it means they'll never be happy with themselves.

I know libs aren't interested in hearing opinions other than their own but there is a lot to think about with this issue. We can't use our military as a sex change clinic. A high number of transgender people end up committing suicide. 40% is way too high and yet that is the percentage of people killing themselves. It's because instead of addressing the real issues they face, some believe that artificially changing them to look like a different sex is what will solve their identity crisis.

"The military is expected to prepare its members in warfare: to kill, destroy, and break our enemies. The most important factors in preparing a strong military are not hormone therapy, surgical sex changes, or politically correct education.

We need psychologically fit, emotionally sound, highly trained troops to protect our nation from its enemies.
While countless homeless vets are currently sleeping under cardboard boxes, or waiting for life-saving care from the Department of Veterans Affairs, we learn that transgender military recruits now qualify for preferential coverage for sex change procedures that are scientifically unproven and extremely costly.
I myself was fully sex-reassigned from male to female, and eventually came to accept my birth gender.

I have over 70 years of firsthand life experience, eight years of living as a woman, 20 years of researching the topic, and 12 years of helping others who, like me, found that transitioning and reassignment surgery failed to be proper treatment and want to restore their lives to their birth gender.

Transitioning can be expensive—up to $130,000 per person for numerous body-mutilating and cosmetic procedures over many months (or years) to fashion the body to appear as the opposite sex.

Yet, no matter how skilled the surgeon, or how much money is spent, it is biologically impossible to change a man into a woman or a woman into a man. The change is only cosmetic.

The medical community continues to recommend this radical “treatment” in the absence of scientific evidence that people are better off in the long run. This population attempts suicide at a rate of 40 percent.

Even after the full surgical change, they attempt to end their lives, or tragically succeed.

Over 60 percent of this diverse population suffer from co-existing mental disorders. Consider Bradley Manning (now Chelsea Manning), a former Army soldier who was so psychologically and emotionally unbalanced that he stole confidential documents from the military and forwarded them to WikiLeaks.
The military Is a fighting force, not a gender clinic and should not provide sex change surgery.

Through my website, sexchangeregret.com, I hear from people who experienced firsthand how damaging and unnecessary reassignment surgeries were. For them, the sex change failed to resolve the emotional and psychological disorders that drove the desire to change gender.

Many write after living the transgender life for years. They write to ask for advice on how to reverse the original surgical change and restore their lives to the original birth gender like I did, a process called detransition.

Some service members will come to regret having undergone the surgery and will want to detransition. Where will the military be then? Will the military pay for the sex change reversal procedure, too?
Failed “sex change surgeries” are not uncommon and will drive up the cost to care for the military transgender population above the projected $3-4 billion 10-year cost.

Beyond the financial cost, there’s the question of the service member’s military readiness during their transition or detransition, as the process often comes with a great deal of anxiety and emotional instability.
I know of many who have struggled to adapt to the new gender role for years after reassignment surgery.
In my view, as a former trans-female who works every day with regretters, allowing the military to pay for sex change surgeries will make a mockery of the U.S. military.

Advocates are relentless in their pursuit of making others, via the government and insurance companies, cover the cost of sex change procedures.

If the military had been forced to pay, the advocates would have used this as leverage to press every other entity—both government and commercial—to pay for sex change surgeries as well.

As a person who lived the transgender life for eight years, I can attest that assisting, affirming, or paying for hormone therapies and genital mutilation surgeries would not have strengthened our military. They would only have brought adverse long-term consequences, both for individuals and for our armed forces as a whole."

how is someone a "former transgender"

is that like the people who were tortured into pretending they've been cure of the gay?

allen west? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

and the suicide rate is high because of abuse from people like you.

is that like the people who were tortured into pretending they've been cure of the gay?

Dear jillian and Clementine
Believe it or not there are people like Mayor Blasio's wife Chirlane McCray who used to identify as Lesbian but now heterosexual, and do not consider themselves bisexual either.
Why is it such a shock to understand if people who previously identitifed as transgender
change and decide something else?

with Walt Heyer, many people contest him as a fraud.
They don't think he is truly transgender or truly nontransgender, but is lying about one or the other to exploit this issue, and certainly cannot speak for all transgendered people.(
(Similar to people like you who assume "ex gays' must be frauds,
and either weren't gay to begin with are really suppressed/in denial about it and not hetero as they believe now.)

However, neither can other transgender people speak for everyone either.

Who says all these cases of alternative gender or orientation identity "have to be the SAME"???

So yes, some people come out as gay or transgender
AND THEN DECIDE THEIR REAL NATURAL IDENTITY
IS SOMETHING ELSE.

So what. Why is that such a threat to people?
What is wrong with some people being natural or unnatural
and CHANGING what they believe their identity is?

People CHANGE FAITHS from Christian to Muslim
or nontheist to agnostic or Christian, so what?

Don't people have the right to decide their identity
and if that changes, why can't they change how they affiliate!

Here's the link I found on Walt Heyer:

What The Media Should Know About Walt Heyer And "Transition Regrets"

I was a transgender ‘woman’ and I know Trump made the right decision for our military

Dear jillian and Clementine
Believe it or not there are people like Mayor Blasio's wife Chirlane McCray who used to identify as Lesbian but now heterosexual, and do not consider themselves bisexual either.
Why is it such a shock to understand if people who previously identitifed as transgender
change and decide something else?

with Walt Heyer, many people contest him as a fraud.
They don't think he is truly transgender or truly nontransgender, but is lying about one or the other to exploit this issue, and certainly cannot speak for all transgendered people.(
(Similar to people like you who assume "ex gays' must be frauds,
and either weren't gay to begin with are really suppressed/in denial about it and not hetero as they believe now.)

However, neither can other transgender people speak for everyone either.

Who says all these cases of alternative gender or orientation identity "have to be the SAME"???

So yes, some people come out as gay or transgender
AND THEN DECIDE THEIR REAL NATURAL IDENTITY
IS SOMETHING ELSE.

So what. Why is that such a threat to people?
What is wrong with some people being natural or unnatural
and CHANGING what they believe their identity is?

People CHANGE FAITHS from Christian to Muslim
or nontheist to agnostic or Christian, so what?

Don't people have the right to decide their identity
and if that changes, why can't they change how they affiliate!

Here's the link I found on Walt Heyer:

What The Media Should Know About Walt Heyer And "Transition Regrets"

I was a transgender ‘woman’ and I know Trump made the right decision for our military

People going through such a major identity crisis are hardly in any condition to serve in the military and handle life or death situations.

Transgender people have often changed their mind but it's not so easy to just switch back to being a man or woman once they've had surgery. Many realize it was a mistake and that the real problem was never being born the wrong sex. That is why a staggering 40% commit suicide. The others are often depressed, according to psychiatrists.

The reason many sign up for military is because they want these expensive operations paid for, to the tune of over a million dollars each. Not only that but they get most of the year off after the surgery, which means they cannot be deployed or perform other duties. It's nothing more than the tax payers being on the hook to fund the surgeries and then pay a person for basically doing nothing. And, after the surgery, the individual is likely to become suicidal or suffer severe depression. So, why are we doing this?

If a person has already had the surgery, they can enter the military as either a man or woman but no way should someone stating they are confused about their sex be allowed to serve. The military requires alert people who are ready at a moment's notice to defend this country and that can entail some scary situations. Why are we turning it into a clinic for the sexually confused? They can't do their job but will cost a lot of money for something that many psychiatrists are saying is a mental condition with the majority of people.

How many will stay past their 4 year enlistment? I would bet that most are there for the free surgery and paid time off, then they are outta there.

The military has to be picky about who enlists. Military isn't the place for anyone who isn't well adjusted. People's lives are at stake and we need members who are fit and ready at all times to perform their duties. Sorry, but transgender people who are looking for surgery don't fit the bill.

Figure out who you are before you volunteer for one of the most challenging jobs in the world.

Forum List

Back