Former Marine's injury spurs vets to join Occupy movement

Second vet injured by cops at Occupy Oakland

Second vet injured by cops at Occupy Oakland — RT

Kayvan Sabehgi, 32, has been admitted to the intensive care unit of Highland Hospital for a lacerated spleen that he says he incurred by police officers earlier this week as he peacefully walked in Oakland away from where thousands were marching in conjunction with the Occupy movement. A week earlier fellow US vet Scott Olson was also checked-into Highland Hospital after he suffered a projectile skull after being hit by a police-fired projectile.
While demonstrators quickly took Olsen to safety, Sabehgi was not so lucky. He tells The Guardian that it took him 18 hours to get medical assistance. In the interim, he was stuck in an Oakland, California jail cell in excruciating pain.
"My stomach was really hurting, and it got worse to the point where I couldn't stand up,” Sabehgi tells The Guardian. "I was on my hands and knees and crawled over the cell door to call for help."
"I was vomiting and had diarrhea," Sabehgi says. "I just lay there in pain for hours."

------------------------------------

Republicans say good. In fact, isn't it GOP Tom Coburn who is trying to cut benefits for retired veterans?

Eh, Marines are really just glorified sailors.

Bravely spoken....safely behind a key board, but inaccurate.

There is difference between Naval Infantry and Marines. Not just American ones either. Most US military traditions have roots in British military traditions. The Naval service and the Marine Corps have among the strong traditions since our beginnings were and still are primarily as a Maritime nation.

There is difference between Naval Infantry and Marines. Not just American ones either. Most US military traditions have roots in British military traditions. The Naval service and the Marine Corps have among the strong traditions since our beginnings were and still are primarily as a Maritime nation.

Chillax. My father was a Marine. I'm just being facetious.

Worth repeating. Two totally different creatures. Except maybe SeaBees come close.

Worth repeating. Two totally different creatures. Except maybe SeaBees come close.

I have a lot of respect for all of those who serve our nation. Seabees and Corpsman are, IMHO, a cut above those whom already consider to be the best of America.

Ows is on it's way out. It will only take two or three more instances of crowd aggression to shut them down...... And having a few more veterans won't make it any better.

I wonder why none of the people from the United Veterans council have joined the local OWs? For those of you who don't know the United veterans Council is made up of all the counties Veteran groups. American Legion, VFW, Korean War Veterans, Army Navy, Even Order of the Cootie, (I don't know I've never asked) At any rate not one member that I've heard of and I never miss a meeting.

My son-in-law, who serves in the Air Force once told me the acronym for MARINE:

My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment. :lol:

Second vet injured by cops at Occupy Oakland

Second vet injured by cops at Occupy Oakland — RT

Kayvan Sabehgi, 32, has been admitted to the intensive care unit of Highland Hospital for a lacerated spleen that he says he incurred by police officers earlier this week as he peacefully walked in Oakland away from where thousands were marching in conjunction with the Occupy movement. A week earlier fellow US vet Scott Olson was also checked-into Highland Hospital after he suffered a projectile skull after being hit by a police-fired projectile.
While demonstrators quickly took Olsen to safety, Sabehgi was not so lucky. He tells The Guardian that it took him 18 hours to get medical assistance. In the interim, he was stuck in an Oakland, California jail cell in excruciating pain.
"My stomach was really hurting, and it got worse to the point where I couldn't stand up,” Sabehgi tells The Guardian. "I was on my hands and knees and crawled over the cell door to call for help."
"I was vomiting and had diarrhea," Sabehgi says. "I just lay there in pain for hours."

------------------------------------

Republicans say good. In fact, isn't it GOP Tom Coburn who is trying to cut benefits for retired veterans?

I'm guessing now that Vets are starting to turn out in force it's gonna start getting even uglier. :razz:

My son-in-law, who serves in the Air Force once told me the acronym for MARINE:

My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment. :lol:

That's true, but we try to get off that boat as quickly as possible.
usmc3.gif

More Vets want OWS to get the hell out of this country along with Obamination.
Bullshit.​

"Olsen vowed once again that he would rejoin the protests the minute his health improved enough for him to do so. And he described to Olbermann the reason why he joined “Occupy Oakland” in the first place.

“The community involved and the diversity of opinions,” he said. “Everybody you talk to there is going to have a different opinion, and you can always learn something new by talking to someone else.”

"He joined the military, went off to war -- and came back not with horrible injuries or post-traumatic stress disorder but with a heightened sense of what was important to him and a desire to act on those beliefs."

Last edited:
OWS has been saying that the vets are turning out in force to support them for the last two months. Aside from a couple that turned out to be discharged under questionable conditions, it hasn't happened yet.

Now I have to feel really SORRY for poor injured Kayvan. It's a good thing he was captured by the Oakland Police and not on the battlefield in Afghanistan someplace.

Looking at the videos of the protests in Oakland, I haven't seen a peaceful one yet.

OWS has been saying that the vets are turning out in force to support them for the last two months. Aside from a couple that turned out to be discharged under questionable conditions, it hasn't happened yet.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJjUFuxMgl4]Angry War Veterans join OWS Revolution - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Spa_hIyQU]Risking life for America... at OWS? - YouTube[/ame]

I'm sure all of these "vets" are legitimate. Anybody can buy a used military uniform and fatigues. Just another steaming pile of crap from the leftists.

How about the anarchists, the losers, the left wing shills, and the faux vets make themselves USEFUL and volunteer to help people who are LEGITIMATELY in need of help............the families who have lost their homes, have nowhere to live, have no food, and are TRULY desperate.

"The 99%" is a MYTH, unless "the 99%" refers to the percentage of taxpayers (i.e. people who have JOBS) who have been SCREWED OVER by the federal government and state governments via excessive taxes, levys, and regulations.
Any poseur who would attempt to introduce himself into a group of military veterans would soon be exposed.

So a Marine was injured? So, two Marines were injured? So what? Probabkly they were doing something they shouldn't have been. Like that old lady that got pepper-sprayed and everyone made a big deal about the mean old cops who would pepper spray a little old lady. When the truth was exposed, she deserved it.

Agreed. I think vets, in general, are more civic duty minded than the average citizen since they've experienced the whims of government. The VOTE is our first best tool to control government. Protesting is the second.

I think it is a sign of the number of vets coming home with PTSD.

I don't plan on shooting anyone. But, I think that the best way to control the government is to make it painfully aware that the people can, and will, over throw it if it doesn't stay in line.

The VOTE is our first best tool to control government. Protesting is the second.

I disagree. Protesting with guns is the first best tool to control the government.

Seriously? You actually believe that citizens, no matter how many in number, have the capability to overthrow the government with whatever weapons cache they can amass?

Forum List

Back