Former Gender Clinic Intake Case Manager Blows Whistle on the Over-Identification of "transgender" kids

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

Gender transitioning of children is not a long-term deliberative process, in which multiple professionals of different disciplines discuss and agree that the child needs the treatment, and then fully informed parents and kids agree.

10:18:

"A lot of the staff that are hired into the clinics like this, at least in the United States are also activists."

"If anything to do with gender was brought up at a pediatricians office, they immediately just refer you to the gender center."
"There were kids who, maybe three days ago, told their parents they might be non-binary and asked for 'they/them' pronouns and yet they're already landing in a specialized medical clinic that does hormones."
"The entire concept of these kids being allowed to explore their gender, and explore these concepts have been almost wiped off the map."

Her article:

I am a 42-year-old St. Louis native, a queer woman, and politically to the left of Bernie Sanders. My worldview has deeply shaped my career. I have spent my professional life providing counseling to vulnerable populations: children in foster care, sexual minorities, the poor.
. . .

All that led me to a job in 2018 as a case manager at The Washington University Transgender Center at St. Louis Children's Hospital, which had been established a year earlier.
. . .
Soon after my arrival at the Transgender Center, I was struck by the lack of formal protocols for treatment. The center’s physician co-directors were essentially the sole authority.

. . .

The center’s working assumption was that the earlier you treat kids with gender dysphoria, the more anguish you can prevent later on. This premise was shared by the center’s doctors and therapists. Given their expertise, I assumed that abundant evidence backed this consensus.
. . .
I left the clinic in November of last year because I could no longer participate in what was happening there. By the time I departed, I was certain that the way the American medical system is treating these patients is the opposite of the promise we make to “do no harm.” Instead, we are permanently harming the vulnerable patients in our care.

. . .
I certainly saw this at the center. One of my jobs was to do intake for new patients and their families. When I started there were probably 10 such calls a month. When I left there were 50, and about 70 percent of the new patients were girls. Sometimes clusters of girls arrived from the same high school.

Can you say "social contagion?"

To begin transitioning, the girls needed a letter of support from a therapist—usually one we recommended—who they had to see only once or twice for the green light. To make it more efficient for the therapists, we offered them a template for how to write a letter in support of transition. The next stop was a single visit to the endocrinologist for a testosterone prescription.

That’s all it took.

I was once a supply officer. As part of the supply inspection process, each of the units I supported were required to write their own supply SOP. It was an intell Battalion whose units felt logistics was beneath them. To pass the inspection, I wrote a template for them to fill in their unit name and have the commander sign off.

That was a phony as these letters from therapists, but I was trying to navigate an absurd bureaucracy, not hormonalize and mutilate kids.

Gender transitioning of children is not a long-term deliberative process, in which multiple professionals of different disciplines discuss and agree that the child needs the treatment, and then fully informed parents and kids agree.

10:18:

"A lot of the staff that are hired into the clinics like this, at least in the United States are also activists."

"If anything to do with gender was brought up at a pediatricians office, they immediately just refer you to the gender center."
"There were kids who, maybe three days ago, told their parents they might be non-binary and asked for 'they/them' pronouns and yet they're already landing in a specialized medical clinic that does hormones."
"The entire concept of these kids being allowed to explore their gender, and explore these concepts have been almost wiped off the map."

Her article:

I am a 42-year-old St. Louis native, a queer woman, and politically to the left of Bernie Sanders. My worldview has deeply shaped my career. I have spent my professional life providing counseling to vulnerable populations: children in foster care, sexual minorities, the poor.
. . .

All that led me to a job in 2018 as a case manager at The Washington University Transgender Center at St. Louis Children's Hospital, which had been established a year earlier.
. . .
Soon after my arrival at the Transgender Center, I was struck by the lack of formal protocols for treatment. The center’s physician co-directors were essentially the sole authority.

. . .

The center’s working assumption was that the earlier you treat kids with gender dysphoria, the more anguish you can prevent later on. This premise was shared by the center’s doctors and therapists. Given their expertise, I assumed that abundant evidence backed this consensus.
. . .
I left the clinic in November of last year because I could no longer participate in what was happening there. By the time I departed, I was certain that the way the American medical system is treating these patients is the opposite of the promise we make to “do no harm.” Instead, we are permanently harming the vulnerable patients in our care.

. . .
I certainly saw this at the center. One of my jobs was to do intake for new patients and their families. When I started there were probably 10 such calls a month. When I left there were 50, and about 70 percent of the new patients were girls. Sometimes clusters of girls arrived from the same high school.

Can you say "social contagion?"

To begin transitioning, the girls needed a letter of support from a therapist—usually one we recommended—who they had to see only once or twice for the green light. To make it more efficient for the therapists, we offered them a template for how to write a letter in support of transition. The next stop was a single visit to the endocrinologist for a testosterone prescription.

That’s all it took.

I was once a supply officer. As part of the supply inspection process, each of the units I supported were required to write their own supply SOP. It was an intell Battalion whose units felt logistics was beneath them. To pass the inspection, I wrote a template for them to fill in their unit name and have the commander sign off.

That was a phony as these letters from therapists, but I was trying to navigate an absurd bureaucracy, not hormonalize and mutilate kids.

Told you so.. This is political hysteria.

I have a 6th grader in my behavior group. One of his behaviors is to tell people that he is gay and put pictures of men kissing on his iPad. He does that to get a rise out of his teachers, and accuse them of being homophobic.

I met his elementary teacher recently and in 4th grade, he said he was a girl and named himself after a female superhero character.

Lucky for him, Four Winds ISD is pretty conservative district in suburban Houston. In Saint Louis, he might have been hormonalized by the end of that school year, and have already lost his genitals by now.

Forum List

Back