Former ACORN employee sues O’Keefe and Giles

Yet he was not charged with any crime.

Does this mean you support targets of investigative journalism being able to sue all news organizations that tape them secretly, or does it only apply to the people who you like suing people you don't like?

If you call what O'Keefe and Giles doing Journalism, then you are insulting every real Journalist out there. What part of "severely edited tapes" do you not get? The severely edited part?

Maybe you can show me a conviction against ACORN. Oh wait, you can't.

Will you just answer the question instead of dodging it?

Does this mean you support targets of investigative journalism being able to sue all news organizations that tape them secretly, or does it only apply to the people who you like suing people you don't like?

No it wasn't.

It's quite clear from the recordings that prostitution scheme was discussed. Whether or not James worse his grandma's fur coat is irrelevant.

Giles Admits O'Keefe, Breitbart ACORN 'Pimp' Story was a Lie (Imagine that Conservatives Lying)

Last December, former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger, commissioned by ACORN to independently review the facts surrounding the scandal, released his findings. Highly critical of ACORN and its employees, Harshbarger nonetheless concluded the undercover sting did not catch any employees breaking the law.

Harshbarger also shed light on the controversial videos, noting that portions had been "substantially" edited, including some voice overdubbing. And because O'Keefe and Breitbart refuse to let any outside observers -- including journalists -- view the full collection of unedited tapes, it's impossible to tell just how significantly the tapes were manipulated prior to their release.
If they have nothing to hide, why not release the unedited tapes? For anyone to trust them after it is clear the tapes are edited shows their partisanship.

I get it, because someone who works for ACORN says ACORN didn't do it, ACORN must be innocent.

you're amusing....you whine when people use biased links, yet you have no problem using them yourself....

just like the complaint, you failed to read the entire story, thus, once again, egg on your face

It's true that Giles was seen on the ACORN office tapes scantily clad as she discussed her future prostitution plans with ACORN workers.

And that proves what? They called the cops after they left if you bothered to read everything and not just something to say "Gotcha" you whining moron.

Because they had already been exposed as lying hypocrites in other cities, and someone finally realized that these were the same people who had played "gotcha" before in DC.

Your question is a false one. O'Keefe isn't a journalist, not by a long shot. I refuse to partake in such dishonesty on your part.

Former ACORN employee sues O’Keefe and Giles | Raw Story

Real justice indeed. I can't see how he won't win.

Yet he was not charged with any crime.

James O'Keefe Charged with Felony

OJ was found innocent, but got his ass sued.

The court takes a dim view of slandering someone to the point of costing them their job. Plus, in California, it's illegal to secretly tape someone.

Plus, the whole "pimp and prostitute" thing was completely made up and edited. It was all a lie.

So what was said on the video was a lie?
I do not think the building acorn was in is covered under protection of California law.

Here are the California laws in regards to video taping

Videotaping and Photography Laws
Invasion of privacy is a tort or civil wrong and generally means the intentional intrusion into the private life or affairs of another person. If you violate a person's right to privacy and cause injury, then that person is entitled to sue you to recover damages. Photographing or videotaping a person without their knowledge or consent may subject you to a lawsuit for invasion of privacy.

Further, all levels of government have laws concerning videotaping and photography that may increase your liability for civil damages or may even make your videotaping or photography a criminal offense. It's a good idea to consult an attorney on the laws in your area that may limit or restrict your ability to videotape or photograph people, places or things.

Generally, it is perfectly legal to videotape or photograph any person and anything while on public property, except:
•You cannot take pictures of areas that are usually considered private such as bedrooms, bathrooms, changing rooms, locker rooms, hotel rooms and so on
•Certain public places have banned the use of cameras such as mass transit systems, courthouses, capital buildings, secured government buildings, jails or prisons unless you obtain written permission
•You cannot film or photograph if it interferes with police, fire, medical or emergency operations
There are also restrictions on videotaping and photographing on private property:

•If the private property is open to the public, such as retail stores, private stadiums or tourist areas, filming may be allowed unless there are signs posted that expressly forbid videotaping or photography
•If the private property belongs to someone other than a commercial business, you had better get the property owner's permission
Photography or Video Taping Consent - Lawyers.com

Last edited:

Your question is a false one. O'Keefe isn't a journalist, not by a long shot. I refuse to partake in such dishonesty on your part.

I don't think paid professional media people are investigating journalist. Those people died out when Bush left office.

Yes, I'd want to bring up how ACORN's corporate mission is to help import underage prostitutes and abet pedophilia in the USA

How can they miss?

MORON! Partake smartake,, instant MORON.

No it wasn't.

It's quite clear from the recordings that prostitution scheme was discussed. Whether or not James worse his grandma's fur coat is irrelevant.

Giles Admits O'Keefe, Breitbart ACORN 'Pimp' Story was a Lie (Imagine that Conservatives Lying)

If they have nothing to hide, why not release the unedited tapes? For anyone to trust them after it is clear the tapes are edited shows their partisanship.

you're amusing....you whine when people use biased links, yet you have no problem using them yourself....

just like the complaint, you failed to read the entire story, thus, once again, egg on your face

It's true that Giles was seen on the ACORN office tapes scantily clad as she discussed her future prostitution plans with ACORN workers.

At least Doggie the Bubble Mod is consistently clueless - you have to give him credit for that!

And that proves what? They called the cops after they left if you bothered to read everything and not just something to say "Gotcha" you whining moron.

Because they had already been exposed as lying hypocrites in other cities, and someone finally realized that these were the same people who had played "gotcha" before in DC.

I'm not sure exactly what you are "defending".

James O'Keefe and the myth of the ACORN pimp | Media Matters for America

O'Keefe entered sans the pimp get-up. In fact, he was dressed rather conservatively. During his visit to the Baltimore ACORN office, he wore a dress shirt and khaki pants. For the Philadelphia sting, he added a tie to the ensemble.

Harshbarger also shed light on the controversial videos, noting that portions had been "substantially" edited, including some voice overdubbing. And because O'Keefe and Breitbart refuse to let any outside observers -- including journalists -- view the full collection of unedited tapes, it's impossible to tell just how significantly the tapes were manipulated prior to their release.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL68WFEw2Gk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ACORN Filmmaker James O'Keefe In Pimp Outfit: More Videos To Be Released[/ame]

And yet as a non-journalist, he is doing the yeoman's work of actual investigative journalism long discarded by the Obama Worshipping MSM.

Define journalist in such a way that it excludes Okeefe yet allows Olberman. I will wait as you sputter inarticulately and try to twist the English language to back up your absurd claim.

Then I will insist you answer my question.

What exactly do you consider journalism?

they will likely lose....there was no expectation of privacy in the conversation

nice sour grapes though :lol:

so what does this law mean yurt? does it matter whether there is an expectatyion of privacy OR NOT?

California is one of about a dozen states where conversations can only be recorded if all parties to it agree.

Oh that is so easy: Doggie approved journalism consists of reporting which reinforces his ill-conceived naive worldview.

WHY did the pimp and hooker edit their recordings and why didn't their tapes show that they WERE NOT WEARING the pimp and hooker outfits in their tape?

these 2 WERE NOT THE PRESS....

WHY did the pimp and hooker edit their recordings and why didn't their tapes show that they WERE NOT WEARING the pimp and hooker outfits in their tape?

Yet the Democrat Attorney General of the State of California decided that the law did not apply to them because they are the press. At least under California law they are.

Yet the Democrat Attorney General of the State of California decided that the law did not apply to them because they are the press. At least under California law they are.

whatever....

the legitimate press would not edit their tapes in the manner that this couple did imo.....they totally were deceiving in the video they released and the legitimate press would have gotten the ''other side'' allowed a response from those that were in the tape before going public....

they did neither..........

what ''press'' did they belong to, btw?

Define journalist in such a way that it excludes Okeefe yet allows Olberman. I will wait as you sputter inarticulately and try to twist the English language to back up your absurd claim.

Then I will insist you answer my question.

Where did I ever say Olbermann is a journalist? Oh wait, I didn't! That's your strawman, along with many others. When you have no real argument left, all you have is insults and strawmen. Keith is a talking head who mainly does sports stuff outside of MSNBC. He's not a journalist last I checked.

You are a moron of epic proportions by continuing to act like O'Keefe is a journalist. Murrow would be spinning in his grave at the thought. You and your pals are so disgustingly partisan in this case. You have no care for the facts, all you want is ACORN to fall, despite the fact there was not one conviction. O'Keefe is a convicted criminal, ACORN is not. However, you are more than willing to say guilty before proven innocent as it suits to the people that YOU don't like.

Before you accuse others of hypocrisy, might want to look in the mirror if you can even bother to at this point. I know I wouldn't be able to if I were you.

whatever....

the legitimate press would not edit their tapes in the manner that this couple did imo.....they totally were deceiving in the video they released and the legitimate press would have gotten the ''other side'' allowed a response from those that were in the tape before going public....

they did neither..........

what ''press'' did they belong to, btw?

Yes the legitimate press would do it. They have done it as recently as the Charlie Gibson and Sarah Palin interview. They edited and 8 hour interview down to 45 minutes.

Forum List

Back