Former ACORN employee sues O’Keefe and Giles

It would be great if they picked out prominent members of the Republican Party and sued them for "slander". Maybe go after FOX?
Well see how this plays out. Who knows? This could be a real issue in November.

We already know what the Republican leadership thinks about the unemployed and the poor (hobos, bums, spoiled, animals who breed, dumpster divers).

Look at what they did to an organization that helps the poor and middle class.

Imagine Republicans helping the "middle class". I can't. It's not possible.

yea your people are really helping the middle class in California .....doing a bang up job....

your problem Dean is when you were a little kid the Republican kid down the street kicked your ass....now you just hate anything Republican.....your a sad person Dean...

Define journalist in such a way that it excludes Okeefe yet allows Olberman. I will wait as you sputter inarticulately and try to twist the English language to back up your absurd claim.

Then I will insist you answer my question.

Does this mean you support targets of investigative journalism being able to sue all news organizations that tape them secretly, or does it only apply to the people who you like suing people you don't like?

Where did I ever say Olbermann is a journalist? Oh wait, I didn't! That's your strawman, along with many others. When you have no real argument left, all you have is insults and strawmen. Keith is a talking head who mainly does sports stuff outside of MSNBC. He's not a journalist last I checked.

You are a moron of epic proportions by continuing to act like O'Keefe is a journalist. Murrow would be spinning in his grave at the thought. You and your pals are so disgustingly partisan in this case. You have no care for the facts, all you want is ACORN to fall, despite the fact there was not one conviction. O'Keefe is a convicted criminal, ACORN is not. However, you are more than willing to say guilty before proven innocent as it suits to the people that YOU don't like.

Before you accuse others of hypocrisy, might want to look in the mirror if you can even bother to at this point. I know I wouldn't be able to if I were you.

Olberman is a journalist though, so it does not matter if you say it or not. You don't get to define words in a way that is convenient for you, and ignore the fact that everyone else uses the same words in a different way. Those are the facts I care about, not your assertion that I wanted ACORN to fail. O'Keefe pled guilty to a misdemeanor trespassing charge, and will no longer be a convicted criminal if he completes his probation.

ACORN, on the other hand, no longer exists. So if I did have an agenda to see ACORN fail, I would have succeeded in mine, while your agenda to paint O'Keefe as a convicted felon has obviously failed.

Which brings us back to the simple question you have repeatedly refused to answer.

Does this mean you support targets of investigative journalism being able to sue all news organizations that tape them secretly, or does it only apply to the people who you like suing people you don't like?

WHY did the pimp and hooker edit their recordings and why didn't their tapes show that they WERE NOT WEARING the pimp and hooker outfits in their tape?

these 2 WERE NOT THE PRESS....

Yet the Democrat Attorney General of the State of California decided that the law did not apply to them because they are the press. At least under California law they are.

whatever....

the legitimate press would not edit their tapes in the manner that this couple did imo.....they totally were deceiving in the video they released and the legitimate press would have gotten the ''other side'' allowed a response from those that were in the tape before going public....

they did neither..........

what ''press'' did they belong to, btw?

Maybe you should watch To Catch a Predator sometime.

What exactly do you consider journalism?

Real journalists don't severely edit their tapes to lead their audiences to false conclusions. Real journalists in this case would be more than willing to release the unedited tapes. I noticed NONE of you say anything about that.

Yet the Democrat Attorney General of the State of California decided that the law did not apply to them because they are the press. At least under California law they are.

whatever....

the legitimate press would not edit their tapes in the manner that this couple did imo.....they totally were deceiving in the video they released and the legitimate press would have gotten the ''other side'' allowed a response from those that were in the tape before going public....

Maybe you should watch To Catch a Predator sometime.

Isn't law enforcement directly involved with all that? I would venture to guess that might change things a bit for that particular scenario.

Will you just answer the question instead of dodging it?

Your question is a false one. O'Keefe isn't a journalist, not by a long shot. I refuse to partake in such dishonesty on your part.

And yet as a non-journalist, he is doing the yeoman's work of actual investigative journalism long discarded by the Obama Worshipping MSM.

By wearing costumes that were edited into fake videos? That's "journalism" to the right?

WHY did the pimp and hooker edit their recordings and why didn't their tapes show that they WERE NOT WEARING the pimp and hooker outfits in their tape?

these 2 WERE NOT THE PRESS....

whatever....

picture_3.png

picture_2.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VikC6jGxg78&feature=related]YouTube - Fox News Apologizes for Airing Incorrect Palin Crowd Footage During Segment on Palin Book Tour[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HeJuBcI3Y&feature=channel]YouTube - Sean Hannity to Jon Stewart: 'You Were Right. We Apologize.'[/ame]

legitimate press?

they will likely lose....there was no expectation of privacy in the conversation

nice sour grapes though :lol:

so what does this law mean yurt? does it matter whether there is an expectatyion of privacy OR NOT?

California is one of about a dozen states where conversations can only be recorded if all parties to it agree.

yes it does...did YOU read the complaint and the accompanying codes? if you had at least read the complaint, you would immediately see that there needs to be an expectation of privacy or confidential communication

whatever....

picture_3.png

picture_2.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VikC6jGxg78&feature=related]YouTube - Fox News Apologizes for Airing Incorrect Palin Crowd Footage During Segment on Palin Book Tour[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HeJuBcI3Y&feature=channel]YouTube - Sean Hannity to Jon Stewart: 'You Were Right. We Apologize.'[/ame]

legitimate press?
When CCCPNBC starts issuing retractions apologies for their "mistakes" I imagine you'll be the first to post them.

It would be great if they picked out prominent members of the Republican Party and sued them for "slander". Maybe go after FOX?
Well see how this plays out. Who knows? This could be a real issue in November.

We already know what the Republican leadership thinks about the unemployed and the poor (hobos, bums, spoiled, animals who breed, dumpster divers).

Look at what they did to an organization that helps the poor and middle class.

Imagine Republicans helping the "middle class". I can't. It's not possible.

I ask this again, how do unemployed republicans feel being called bums, spoiled, hobos, etc?

seriously how can they go and vote for a person who called them a bum for not working. I really wish someone would address this. I got one response once, and some idiot said it was one guy who called them that. Well, thats not true.

i call bullshit on rdean's fox photoshopping images/claims

Really, you shouldnt. This did happen and if you only watch fox, of course you wouldnt know this.

Do a little search on this one. We on the left know all about it, its you guys who ignore it.

whatever....

picture_3.png

picture_2.png

legitimate press?

That ladies and gentlemen is called a smackdown.

i call bullshit on rdean's fox photoshopping images/claims

Really, you shouldnt. This did happen and if you only watch fox, of course you wouldnt know this.

Do a little search on this one. We on the left know all about it, its you guys who ignore it.

lmao moron...because you claim i only watch fox i never saw this alleged photoshop :lol: how can that be, for if i watched fox, i would have seen the alleged photoshop...does it hurt when people call you stupid all the time?

give me some proof other than left wing blogs zoner

whatever....

picture_3.png

picture_2.png

legitimate press?
When CCCPNBC starts issuing retractions apologies for their "mistakes" I imagine you'll be the first to post them.

Start posting them...I'm sure everyone would like to see them

I ask this again, how do unemployed republicans feel being called bums, spoiled, hobos, etc?

seriously how can they go and vote for a person who called them a bum for not working. I really wish someone would address this. I got one response once, and some idiot said it was one guy who called them that. Well, thats not true.

well go and find an unemployed Republican and ask him or her....

What I saw were retractions and apologies for distorting the facts.

You have any such mea culpas from CCCPNBC?

Call me the day when MSNBC distorts a pic of a guy they want to hurt.

Here is a hint, you wont, because they dont...FOX DOES.

Forum List

Back