Former ACORN employee sues O’Keefe and Giles

I ask this again, how do unemployed republicans feel being called bums, spoiled, hobos, etc?

seriously how can they go and vote for a person who called them a bum for not working. I really wish someone would address this. I got one response once, and some idiot said it was one guy who called them that. Well, thats not true.

well go and find an unemployed Republican and ask him or her....

I dont associate with them. :doubt: They are "bums" ....your guys word, not mine.

Last edited:
i call bullshit on rdean's fox photoshopping images/claims

Really, you shouldnt. This did happen and if you only watch fox, of course you wouldnt know this.

Do a little search on this one. We on the left know all about it, its you guys who ignore it.

lmao moron...because you claim i only watch fox i never saw this alleged photoshop :lol: how can that be, for if i watched fox, i would have seen the alleged photoshop...does it hurt when people call you stupid all the time?

give me some proof other than left wing blogs zoner

I am totally lost on this one. You were shown how they did it, yet you still say it didnt happen?

picture_3.png

picture_2.png

YouTube - Fox News Apologizes for Airing Incorrect Palin Crowd Footage During Segment on Palin Book Tour
YouTube - Sean Hannity to Jon Stewart: 'You Were Right. We Apologize.'

legitimate press?
When CCCPNBC starts issuing retractions apologies for their "mistakes" I imagine you'll be the first to post them.

Start posting them...I'm sure everyone would like to see them

Did he post his list yet? I've been looking and I haven't seen it. I know he has too much "honor" to just slander someone without proof.

Or not.

No it wasn't.

It's quite clear from the recordings that prostitution scheme was discussed. Whether or not James worse his grandma's fur coat is irrelevant.

Vera called the police on Okeefe after he left the office.

Former ACORN employee sues O’Keefe and Giles | Raw Story

Juan Carlos Vera was one of a number of ACORN employees who in the summer of 2009 was secretly filmed giving advice to O'Keefe and Giles, who were posing as a pimp and prostitute with plans to bring underage prostitutes to the US from Latin America.

In a lawsuit (PDF) filed in a California court this week, Vera argues O'Keefe and Giles broke the law when they taped their conversation inside the ACORN office. California is one of about a dozen states where conversations can only be recorded if all parties to it agree. Vera is seeking $75,000, plus unspecified "special damages."

San Diego CityBeat reports that California Attorney General Jerry Brown cleared Vera of wrongdoing in a report earlier this year. Brown found that, though Vera appeared sympathetic to the "pimp and prostitute" during the taped meeting, he immediately notified the police of the conversation. Brown's investigation also found that the O'Keefe videos were "significantly edited."
In February, Hannah Giles admitted that the flamboyant pimp and prostitutes costumes in which she and O'Keefe were seen in some of the videos were never worn inside ACORN offices, contrary to most news reports.
Real justice indeed. I can't see how he won't win.

Yet he was not charged with any crime.

Does this mean you support targets of investigative journalism being able to sue all news organizations that tape them secretly, or does it only apply to the people who you like suing people you don't like?
Doesn't matter, the taping was a crime.

whatever....

the legitimate press would not edit their tapes in the manner that this couple did imo.....they totally were deceiving in the video they released and the legitimate press would have gotten the ''other side'' allowed a response from those that were in the tape before going public....

they did neither..........

what ''press'' did they belong to, btw?

Maybe you should watch To Catch a Predator sometime.

Isn't law enforcement directly involved with all that? I would venture to guess that might change things a bit for that particular scenario.

Nope, it is all NBC. Some local prosecutors declined to prosecute because they did not involve law enforcement, arguing that it would be difficult to prove that the perps were not entrapped.

Your question is a false one. O'Keefe isn't a journalist, not by a long shot. I refuse to partake in such dishonesty on your part.

And yet as a non-journalist, he is doing the yeoman's work of actual investigative journalism long discarded by the Obama Worshipping MSM.

By wearing costumes that were edited into fake videos? That's "journalism" to the right?

No, that is journalism to the courts.

Maybe you should watch To Catch a Predator sometime.

Isn't law enforcement directly involved with all that? I would venture to guess that might change things a bit for that particular scenario.

Nope, it is all NBC. Some local prosecutors declined to prosecute because they did not involve law enforcement, arguing that it would be difficult to prove that the perps were not entrapped.

So what are all those cops that swarm the guys when they are leaving the house doing there? :confused:

So, just to summarize. Two right wingers went into an Acorn office and told the guy there a string of lies. The guy asks question after question to get as much information as possible, like any good samaritan. The guy calls the police after they leave to report what he thought was a crime. The two right wingers edit the video they secretly taped adding footage and editing the sound. The two right wingers then peddle this "edited" video to right wing networks who play it endlessly without checking for reliability. So much outrage is generated by this right wing network using this bogus video, the man who called the police is fired from his job and his life is ruined and the place he worked at is destroyed by these lies.

Since that time, the two right wingers have apologized and the right wing network played a retraction. OK, I was kidding. Right wingers destroy, they don't "fix".

So what are all those cops that swarm the guys when they are leaving the house doing there? :confused:

Staging? Local cops trying to look good?

To Catch a Predator / Perverted Justice Legal Disaster Pt. 1 | Online Safety For Kids

The operative factoid is that Jerry Brown cleared Vera of wrong-doing.

Think about it.

Yeah...well, Vera may have acted questionably, but if he reported it when they left, then at least he had SOME scruples about him during the fact. What I'm more surprised about is the total release of ACORN as an organization. That has always been a shocker to me.

Staging? Local cops trying to look good?

To Catch a Predator / Perverted Justice Legal Disaster Pt. 1 | Online Safety For Kids

I was under the impression that each and every one of those guys is immediately arrested when they leave the house. I don't see how law enforcement is not directly involved somehow if that is the case.

So, just to summarize. Two right wingers went into an Acorn office and told the guy there a string of lies. The guy asks question after question to get as much information as possible, like any good samaritan. The guy calls the police after they leave to report what he thought was a crime. The two right wingers edit the video they secretly taped adding footage and editing the sound. The two right wingers then peddle this "edited" video to right wing networks who play it endlessly without checking for reliability. So much outrage is generated by this right wing network using this bogus video, the man who called the police is fired from his job and his life is ruined and the place he worked at is destroyed by these lies.

Since that time, the two right wingers have apologized and the right wing network played a retraction. OK, I was kidding. Right wingers destroy, they don't "fix".

Vera didn't lose his job because of what HE did wrong. But the organization was very grossly negligent, even behind the slick editing skills of two very sly operatives. They got played. But in more than instance, ACORN didn't act appropriately and that is what got them shut down...that is why Vera lost his job and "ruined his life", (that part is probably a bit overstated). You can blame the journalists or you can hold the financial advisors at ACORN responsible for giving out very bad, and legally questionable, advice. No matter how it came about, that part did happen. Vera might think about going after the idiots who didn't think like professionals.

Former ACORN employee sues O’Keefe and Giles | Raw Story

Real justice indeed. I can't see how he won't win.

Does this mean you support targets of investigative journalism being able to sue all news organizations that tape them secretly, or does it only apply to the people who you like suing people you don't like?

James O'Keefe Charged with Felony

OJ was found innocent, but got his ass sued.

The court takes a dim view of slandering someone to the point of costing them their job. Plus, in California, it's illegal to secretly tape someone.

Plus, the whole "pimp and prostitute" thing was completely made up and edited. It was all a lie.

I can't see how any of that overshadows the fact that some Acorn employees were giving advice on how to run an underage prostitution ring and avoid the IRS. All the rest is just a smokescreen to divert attention away from a govt funded (you and I) organization doing wrong.

Nice recap. Righty's, refute! ??

The operative factoid is that Jerry Brown cleared Vera of wrong-doing.

Think about it.

Yeah...well, Vera may have acted questionably, but if he reported it when they left, then at least he had SOME scruples about him during the fact. What I'm more surprised about is the total release of ACORN as an organization. That has always been a shocker to me.

Exactly how? What EXACTLY did he do wrong? He tried to get as much info as he could so he could report this to the cops. That is exactly what he did.

Explain what he did that was questionable?

The court takes a dim view of slandering someone to the point of costing them their job. Plus, in California, it's illegal to secretly tape someone.

Plus, the whole "pimp and prostitute" thing was completely made up and edited. It was all a lie.

I can't see how any of that overshadows the fact that some Acorn employees were giving advice on how to run an underage prostitution ring and avoid the IRS. All the rest is just a smokescreen to divert attention away from a govt funded (you and I) organization doing wrong.

What the fuck are you talking about? He called the cops on two criminals. He REPORTED THEM TO THE COPS ...

Stupid.

Really, you shouldnt. This did happen and if you only watch fox, of course you wouldnt know this.

Do a little search on this one. We on the left know all about it, its you guys who ignore it.

lmao moron...because you claim i only watch fox i never saw this alleged photoshop :lol: how can that be, for if i watched fox, i would have seen the alleged photoshop...does it hurt when people call you stupid all the time?

give me some proof other than left wing blogs zoner

I am totally lost on this one. You were shown how they did it, yet you still say it didnt happen?

you're always lost

show me the photos from a NON LEFT WING BLOG SITE

just because some hack left wing blog site claims fox altered the photos doesn't make it true, they could have easily doctored the photos themselves

hopefuly this is simple enough even for you

and for the last time people....this has YET to be determined if it is a crime....don't be a modbert, read the codes and read the complaint....

What the fuck are you talking about? He called the cops on two criminals. He REPORTED THEM TO THE COPS ...

Stupid.

Nice language. Really good communication skills. You must be very young as swearing does not make your point, rather it shows a level of immaturity. Name calling is not a debating technique.

Stupid.

Nice language. Really good communication skills. You must be very young as swearing does not make your point, rather it shows a level of immaturity. Name calling is not a debating technique.

We got people of all ages and maturiy levels here dropping all sorts of f-bombs. You might want to get used to it.

Forum List

Back