Ford Leaving U.S.

ALL fire equipment, ambulances, and most police cars EXCEEDS GVWR and more importantly GAWR which is why ALL have problems. All are also exempt from weight requirements.

Ford builds an F-450, an F-550, an F-650, and an F-750. I put 70,000 miles on an F-650 and probably 150K on an F-550.

OMG, you're right! Local dealer now concedes Ford does go beyond the 350 but not available in this state. Of course he does support Democrat candidates so maybe he's lying. Friend who had wanted a replacement for an old F800 dump body was given the "nothing above 350" story so spent some serious bucks for a Freightliner instead.

Bullshit again! Minuteman Trucks in Walpole sells 650's and 750's! (Though I don't think they're any cheaper than the Fruitliners.)

It's kind of amusing Ford would leave the country with these cars then rather locate to a RTW state, they are screwing all Americans

They are sending us all a Big Fuck you.

But please buy our cars......

Henry Ford is rolling over in his grave now.
NLRB....you can thank them for that....

We treat illegals better than we treat business owners.
That's why business is leaving this country, and illegals are moving in.

Business leaves to boost returns for investors. Illegals are moving in because Republicans continue to provide less funding for Homeland Security, ie; Border Patrol and Coast Guard.
Half correct, but disserving of a full Brotch-slap. :slap:

Bullshit again! Minuteman Trucks in Walpole sells 650's and 750's! (Though I don't think they're any cheaper than the Fruitliners.)

Walpost (we used to call it "Walpole" but politically correct Polish immigrants got all pissy about that slur) is in Massachusetts. I am not. But you know what happens to those who ASSume.......

Your listed location is Massachusetts. I didn't assume...you LIED.

Which was accurate at the time I "joined". But that's not where I was at the time I checked out the several dealers in the state to come up with the info that they have nothing beyond F350 available.

Does that mean I can't be a Democrat?

Are you somehow restricted to staying in one state? Sad, if that's so. Do you have to wear an ankle bracelet?

Business leaves to boost returns for investors. Illegals are moving in because Republicans continue to provide less funding for Homeland Security, ie; Border Patrol and Coast Guard.
Half correct, but disserving of a full Brotch-slap. :slap:

Which half?

Businesses leave the US because it is cheaper to make their products overseas, which means they sell them cheaper here. The US cannot compete with foreign labor and resources.

ALL fire equipment, ambulances, and most police cars EXCEEDS GVWR and more importantly GAWR which is why ALL have problems. All are also exempt from weight requirements.

No, that's bullshit. Are you stoned?

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/wp-solutions/2011-125/pdfs/2011-125.pdf

NTEA Are Your Trucks Overloaded

A story about a guy that died when the poorly-maintained, 34-year-old truck he was driving (with no seat belt) blew one of its original tires, and another about a badly-neglected, 50 year old truck with no seat belts and bad brakes, ...SERIOUSLY? Are you baked?!

Also note that many weight ratings-including truck GVWR-have zero legal standing. Hotshotters regularly gross 25,000+lbs on a dually pickup (and run it 500,000 miles or more.) I was ~1500lbs over the GVWR when I plowed with my F-350...but I was 100% legal.

Businesses leave the US because it is cheaper to make their products overseas, which means they sell them cheaper here. The US cannot compete with foreign labor and resources.

Don't Levi's cost more today than when they left the country?

The iPhone costs how much?

It's profit!

It's profit!
Levis cost the same today as in the 80's , $50 bucks and cheap as hell, they used to last me a few years now it's around 4 months.

A story about a guy that died when the poorly-maintained, 34-year-old truck he was driving (with no seat belt) blew one of its original tires, and another about a badly-neglected, 50 year old truck with no seat belts and bad brakes, ...SERIOUSLY? Are you baked?!

Also note that many weight ratings-including truck GVWR-have zero legal standing. Hotshotters regularly gross 25,000+lbs on a dually pickup (and run it 500,000 miles or more.) I was ~1500lbs over the GVWR when I plowed with my F-350...but I was 100% legal.

If you are referring to case study one, you need to do a reread. The truck HAD seat belts and the department failed to do a safety check, AND it was over weight at the time of the accident.

I'm SURE DOT cops would disagree that GVWR has 'zero legal standing.'

It's profit!
Levis cost the same today as in the 80's , $50 bucks and cheap as hell, they used to last me a few years now it's around 4 months.

501's are $68.00 on-line. Sure they're cheap as hell, they're made in Bangladesh. So Levi is making what, $60 profit on each pant? And now we know the REAL reason.

Here's another:

Load carrying capacity is defined as the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) minus the unloaded weight of the vehicle. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) is assigned to the vehicle by the manufacturer.

The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of the ambulance involved in the incident was listed as 10,500 pounds. Following the incident, Medic 3 was weighed by representatives from the Texas Department of Public Safety and was found to weigh 11,800 pounds without crew or patients

Fire Fighter Fatality Investigation Report F2003-05 CDC NIOSH

Ford already left the US. The F-650 is made in Mexico, whereas the HINO (Toyota) is made in the US.

Actually, no, the F650 and F750 are now produced in Avon Lake, Ohio. (It's the former Econoline factory.) The Mexican factory (Blue Diamond Truck Company) was a joint venture with International...Ford pulled out last year.

And no, the factory GVWR tag has no legal standing. People run trucks over that number every day...entirely legally! If you are under the rated capacity on the axles, the tires, and the REGISTERED maximum weight, you're legal! One truck at work has a 26,000lb GWVWR. it's tagged for 32,000lbs. (12,000lb front axle, 20,000lb rear axle) It was weighed by the DOT last year, and scaled at ~28,000lbs. No ticket. I ran my F-350 1500lbs heavy...entirely legally!

Forum List

Back