CDZ For violent teens...put their names on a database and allow gun stores to refuse to sell to them....

Yep.....they want mass shootings in schools......dead children are like Christmas presents under the tree for democrats and their love for gun control...

Well ... The Legislators indicated they were concerned about racial inequity in reporting behavioral problems.

In reality ... It is probably an attempt to further separate any liability concerns a public school may encounter ...
Or avoid any obvious desire to negate accountability as far as poor policy in our educational systems.

It was like $4,000. That would be a fortune for a part time, short time, worker at Wendy's and a grandma that's the sole support of felon grandpa and drug addict mom. Where did he get that kind of money?
I would agree if he had any other costs. He was t paying rent or a car payment.

Working 20 hours a week at 13 an hour is over a grand a month. Even if you assume he had zero dollars to start it would take 6 months of save up 4k? And let him have some money to spend on whatever and pay taxes.

I would agree if he had any other costs. He was t paying rent or a car payment.

Working 20 hours a week at 13 an hour is over a grand a month. Even if you assume he had zero dollars to start it would take 6 months of save up 4k? And let him have some money to spend on whatever and pay taxes.
Probably used grandma's credit card

That could be determined...police reports where no arrest was made....that could be given to the gun stores.....the police could simply state that......

Local school officials and our department have had multiple interactions with stated individual and we are concerned that from his/her actual violent behavior, bizarre threats, and multiple police calls to his school and his home, we do not believe you should sell this individual firearms or ammunition.....

Too fuzzy!

The last two shooters, one, a left wing authoritarian, eco-fascist....and the latest.....a violent nut job........they were both known to the police and to their schools, both had histories of either violence or making threats of violence....

They couldn't be arrested, and they couldn't be put in a psychiatric hospital......

So......here is a way to catch the few nut jobs who are in the grey area....

If a teen is identified by the school to the point the police are called multiple times, and the police go to their home for violent domestic situations....the police could simply put the kids name and face into a data base and supply it to all of the gun stores in the state...then, when the 18-21 year old shows up....the gun store can simply refuse to sell the kid a gun....

This covers the grey area where the kid doesn't have an actual criminal record or psychiatric commitment....

Isn't this essentially a call to improve the "red flag laws" that are already out there? I totally agree, we need a "list" or a registry of some sort for folks that are clearly a danger.

Doesn't matter.......the police could put his name and Social security number in a database gun stores can check...then they can refuse to sell the gun....
Does that mean you're infringing people's Rights!! I thought that was a no no for gun nuts.

I never said it would stop mass public shootings....it would just allow gun stores the chance to deny selling guns to potential mass public shooters....who will then go out and get the guns illegally.

So.........please explain............exactly HOW would gun stores differentiate between someone buying a weapon for home protection, hunting, or collecting......and someone with psychotic thoughts in their head???

Really, I'm curious as hell.

So.........please explain............exactly HOW would gun stores differentiate between someone buying a weapon for home protection, hunting, or collecting......and someone with psychotic thoughts in their head???

Really, I'm curious as hell.

They do not.....it is not their job to do that.....

They are required to do a Federal Background check on every gun sold.....

It is the job of the police, other law enforcement agencies, and the courts to provide the National Criminal Background check system with the data on criminals and the adjudictaed, dangerously mentally ill...

Keep in mind....we have 330 million Americans in this country...

In 2021, a total of 6 individuals committed mass public shootings.....

As to how do you deal with nuts?

The government, state and federal, needs to put out to all Americans that if they have a family member who they know is nuts.....violent, making threats, starting fights, domestic abuse....encounters with police....carrying around a bag of tortured, dead cats.....

And the victims of threats by these people also have to be able to go to the police and courts and have actual actions taken......

The last two shooters fit this description as did other shooters....the government did nothing....the government failed, not the gun stores...

They need to notify the authorities and the authorities need to act on the information

Hugh Hewitt with Florida Senator Tim Scott? They mentioned that anyone 18 years old who buys a rifle should do so in the company of a parent or guardian....that might help...

Isn't this essentially a call to improve the "red flag laws" that are already out there? I totally agree, we need a "list" or a registry of some sort for folks that are clearly a danger.

Hugh Hewitt, lawyer and radio show host talked about this on his radio show, which I listened to on his podcast...

He stated that Florida has done this.......a family member, or someone under the threat of one of these types of nuts, can make a complaint to the police now.....the police will then mandatorily take that complaint to a judge, where they will have a hearing.....but there has to be a complaint, made by family or someone under threat, and it has to be taken to a judge by the police...

Due Process has to be followed....this is how we prevent abuse, and how we get people to trust that the system will not persecute them...

Forum List

Back