Zone1 For the political left, do you care about the Twitter revelations about the FBI and other gov. Orgs?

Then why did the FBI have no problem labeling it Russian disinformation, which they knew was a lie!
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it may well be a duck. I believe that is what they told everyone. Of far as I know only parts of the laptop have been authenticated, not all of it, so it may well still turn out to be partially Russian disinformation.

I think you are trapped in your ideological bubble and see the world in a very distorted way.
You can have whatever beliefs you wish.

I was giving you John Locke's second treatise to back up my POV. This is what our very nation is founded on, this is why I am correcting your ideological subversion, and informing you, that your way of thinking, is, inherently, UN-American, and at odds with the way our society and nation was founded. In the final analysis, YOU ARE WRONG. Sorry you are taking it so badly.

Of course, it is your right to have whatever erroneous thoughts and delusions you like, that is part of the brilliance of this nation.

Equating twitter tampering with election tampering requires a gymnast stunt that I can't pull off.
And yet? The US establishment claimed Russia did that very thing, during the 2016 election. :eusa_think:

75tbm5.jpg

You can have whatever beliefs you wish.

I was giving you John Locke's second treatise to back up my POV. This is what our very nation is founded on, this is why I am correcting your ideological subversion, and informing you, that your way of thinking, is, inherently, UN-American, and at odds with the way our society and nation was founded. In the final analysis, YOU ARE WRONG. Sorry you are taking it so badly.

Of course, it is your right to have whatever erroneous thoughts and delusions you like, that is part of the brilliance of this nation.
It must be painful for you to be stuck in the 21st century instead of the 18th. As for me, I am happy for the changes in our country and have no wish to go backwards.

It must be painful for you to be stuck in the 21st century instead of the 18th. As for me, I am happy for the changes in our country and have no wish to go backwards.
No, I completely understand how folks' liberty is being subverted. You on the other hand? :sigh2:

Actually believe this is about left vs. right. I am well aware how robotics and AI are redefining society and governance in the 21st century. Humans desire for freedom and liberty? that does not change though.

As I understand it, the gov alerted social media that the Hunter Biden laptop was not yet authenticated so they were taking a risk in publishing what was on it. This was just a few weeks before the election so the whichever way the gov went they were influencing the election. The case was similar to Comey announcing just before the 2016 election that the investigation into Hillary was being reopened. That investigation went nowhere but may have cost Clinton the election.

Elon Musk’s Big ‘Twitter Files’ Reveal Turns Into Snoozefest

And the government has every right to alert social media to potential Russian election interference consisting of misinformation and lies – such as the lies about Hunter Biden.

No free speech rights were violated, no one and nothing was silenced.

I am just curious……as a member of the democrat party, do you understand or care about what is now proven the FBI and other government agencies were actually doing? Does the fact it was targeted against republicans/Trump supporters/conservatives mean you are fine with it?

The Twitter files release shows active election tampering by federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies……..do you care?

Great question but you are dealing with a mindset that is more concerned about a GOP Congressional Rep elect lying about his ethnic background and education.

To everyone with a brain. To think the founders wrote the 1A to allow for government censorship of political speech, is the thinking of an idiot.
Government speech is neither ‘censorship’ nor does it violate free speech.

Government has the right to express its own views and opinions – such as warning social media about Russian election interference via campaigns of misinformation and lies.

“Under the government speech doctrine, the government has its own rights as speaker, immune from free speech challenges. It can assert its own ideas and messages without being subject to First Amendment claims of viewpoint discrimination.”

And it was verified as bring true....and the FBI interfered with social media to bury the story.....

We get it.....you want the government as your weapon against people you dont like.... just be homest about it
No you don’t get it – this is a lie, the FBI didn’t ‘interfere’ with anything.

The FBI notifying social media of Russian election interference was perfectly lawful and appropriate, consistent with government speech doctrine.

If a given media platform saw fit to not facilitate Russian interference in US elections by deciding against propagating Russian misinformation and lies, it did so of its own accord independent of the FBI.

The problem today is that the 'far right' has for the past 30 years or more gave up on higher education and to some degree, public education. Between 2020 and 2021, state funding for higher education declined in 37 states, by an average of 6 percent. A major goal of the 'far right' now is school choice or, more accurately, defunding K-12 by encouraging those with them means to go private.
The reason for this is easy to understand. Higher education is not teaching critical skills, but propagandizing students with biases that run counter to American values and traditions. Why would any thinking government wish to fund that?

Government speech is neither ‘censorship’ nor does it violate free speech.

Government has the right to express its own views and opinions – such as warning social media about Russian election interference via campaigns of misinformation and lies.

“Under the government speech doctrine, the government has its own rights as speaker, immune from free speech challenges. It can assert its own ideas and messages without being subject to First Amendment claims of viewpoint discrimination.”

Whoever said government can’t speak?

No you don’t get it – this is a lie, the FBI didn’t ‘interfere’ with anything.

The FBI notifying social media of Russian election interference was perfectly lawful and appropriate, consistent with government speech doctrine.

If a given media platform saw fit to not facilitate Russian interference in US elections by deciding against propagating Russian misinformation and lies, it did so of its own accord independent of the FBI.

Yes....they did......lying about it won't change the fact that the FBI and other agencies were working with twitter and other social media platforms to effect the Chinese Flu and the election.

Yes....they did......lying about it won't change the fact that the FBI and other agencies were working with twitter and other social media platforms to effect the Chinese Flu and the election.
Funny how some on the left have bitched for six years about the totally debunked Russiagate, but have no issues with the FBI directing Twitter and other social media to silence Republicans before an election and opposing views of the covid narrative.

Forum List

Back