For dog lovers: Doggy Armour

Tilly

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2015
Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
Awwwww, bless.
Russia creates DOG ARMOUR after French police hound Diesel shot dead in ISIS raid
RUSSIA has released a new design of body armour to keep terror-sniffing police dogs safe and avoid deaths like that of French police pooch Diesel who was killed in the line of duty during anti-terror raids in Paris.
By JAKE BURMAN
PUBLISHED: 04:08, Sun, Nov 29, 2015 | UPDATED: 11:13, Sun, Nov 29, 2015

Russia-releases-dog-armour-weeks-after-death-of-French-police-hound-Diesel-622840.jpg
IG

Police want to avoid deaths similar to Diesel's
In a new video, Russian dog handler Vladimir Khitrykh demonstrates how the new protective armour keeps the police hounds safe.

Mr Khitrykh discusses how they trained his adorable police dog to use the hi-tech vest by using incentives.

RELATED ARTICLES
At first, of course, the dog did not like the vest

Vladimir Khitrykh

He says: “At first, of course, the dog did not like the vest. Then gradually she realised that it was for her own good and protection.

“We taught her with the help of incentives. We can put the armoured vest on the dog in just one minute.”

The new ‘Nord body armour’ has reportedly been designed by Russia’s Scientific Production Association of Special Materials (NPO), based in St. Petersburg.

Awwwww, bless.
Russia creates DOG ARMOUR after French police hound Diesel shot dead in ISIS raid
RUSSIA has released a new design of body armour to keep terror-sniffing police dogs safe and avoid deaths like that of French police pooch Diesel who was killed in the line of duty during anti-terror raids in Paris.
By JAKE BURMAN

Russia-releases-dog-armour-weeks-after-death-of-French-police-hound-Diesel-622840.jpg
IG

In a new video, Russian dog handler Vladimir Khitrykh demonstrates how the new protective armour keeps the police hounds safe.

Mr Khitrykh discusses how they trained his adorable police dog to use the hi-tech vest by using incentives.

RELATED ARTICLES

Vladimir Khitrykh

He says: “At first, of course, the dog did not like the vest. Then gradually she realised that it was for her own good and protection.

“We taught her with the help of incentives. We can put the armoured vest on the dog in just one minute.”

The new ‘Nord body armour’ has reportedly been designed by Russia’s Scientific Production Association of Special Materials (NPO), based in St. Petersburg.
If you really want to protect the dog, leave it at home. Pretty simple actually.

Awwwww, bless.
By JAKE BURMAN

IG

RELATED ARTICLES

Vladimir Khitrykh

That's pretty awesome

Awwwww, bless.
By JAKE BURMAN

IG

RELATED ARTICLES

Vladimir Khitrykh

If you really want to protect the dog, leave it at home. Pretty simple actually.

They are invaluable. I've got a little girl up here who has gotten bullet proof vests that we donate to.

This extra step is awesome by the police services by Russia is just awesome.

Awwwww, bless.
By JAKE BURMAN

IG

RELATED ARTICLES

Vladimir Khitrykh

That's pretty awesome

Je suis Diesel. My girl Raven is up there.

These beasties are so loyal. It's important that we protect them the best we can.

Look all terror tactics have to take a new turn including our dogs that we use.

Diesel showed us this.

We should support any and all efforts to bring the canine units up to speed against the terrorism we have invited into our lives.

My Rip was so good on search and rescue. She was a ridgeback. Jim Dandy and Ruby Starr not so much on a trail. American Bad Ass could hit a trail that would have you screaming,=. Dusty Roads OMG out of all of them she would hit a scent and drag me thru the bush.

All good but this black and tan that I have now her nose is to die for. But after I put Rip on dead scent I could tell she got messed up. I've still done it a number of times but I now know how to handle the dog because they really get bent out of shape.

These dogs hurt hunting the dead and I as a buddy really had to learn the pain they go thru.

Until we can teach robots to cheaply and reliably "sniff" out bad guys, bombs, and so forth, I'm afraid the pups are going to be sent in.

Each beast can be tried to reach their own.

Now mine.

When I first tested Ripley I just wanted to help. She was my dream dog. Rhodesian Ridgeback.

A lady had died in a small town in Tennessee and everyone had asked if we could bring out our dogs to find her. Rip of course was on the scent lickety split and found her in seconds dragged out and beaten way behind her house and consequently we all knew she had been murdered.

She was awesome. I named her after Ripley in Alien. Female kick ass. And that she was.

Went on to catahoulas and well the rest of the story..........................lolololol.

Until we can teach robots to cheaply and reliably "sniff" out bad guys, bombs, and so forth, I'm afraid the pups are going to be sent in.

What I loved the best was all the dog beastie souls who put up "Je suis Diesel"

It helped in a really sad time.

When confronted with the fact that their new BFFs the Russians aren't the first to invent bullet-proof armor for K9 units, USMB RWs go all mushy about their pet dogs...as if it's exactly the same thing... :rolleyes:

When confronted with the fact that their new BFFs the Russians aren't the first to invent bullet-proof armor for K9 units, USMB RWs go all mushy about their pet dogs...as if it's exactly the same thing... :rolleyes:
I don't think people who love dogs care where the protection originated, they're just glad it exists. It seems the Russians didn't have it, and now they do. Thats great, imho.

Forum List

Back