food shortage in jersey

mex

Sep 16, 2012
I guess maybe the Red Cross should STFU about romney getting food donated.

HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) - National Guard troops delivered food and water to residents in this heavily flooded city across from Manhattan on Wednesday as officials sent out a plea for more supplies, including boats and generators.

Superstorm Sandy sent the raging Hudson River waters from one side of the one-square-mile city to the other Monday. Two days later, at least 25 percent of the community was flooded and 90 percent was without power, leaving many residents increasingly anxious and municipal leaders struggling to get assistance to all those who need it.

Tempers flared Wednesday at a staging area outside City Hall, where a man screamed at emergency officials about why food and water had not been delivered to residents just a few blocks away. The man, who would not give his name, said he blew up an air mattress to float over to the staging area.

City officials defended their response.

You know what my response would be to that asswipe? "You had 5 days warning... why in the hell didn't you get off your fat ass and stock up??? It's only been 2 days for crying out loud.

"The dimension and scope of this situation is enormous," Public Safety Director Jon Tooke said. "You have emergency operations at all levels - from local to federal - spread too thin across the city and the state, but we're working on it."

Tooke said the estimated 20,000 people still stranded in their homes were being encouraged to shelter in place, and that high-water vehicles would get supplies to them. He said people with medical and other special needs were being taken out by trucks. Two churches were serving as shelters.

Tempers Flare as Food Runs Short in Hoboken, N.J. - SKYE on AOL

Always a few assholes in every situation. Yes, everyone should have some emergency supplies on hand, and a way to cook them. Water and warm blankets and clothing as well.

Amazing, they were trying to make Romney look bad and it backfired, if I didnt know it, the Red Cross was run by Obama advisors ;)

I know quite a bit about that city. It's one of the most densely populated square mile cities in the country. They just like to bitch. They're just testy because the yuppie fern bars are closed. That said, this was a record hurricane. I'm sure they'll be helped, and fed, and complain about the food.

I know quite a bit about that city. It's one of the most densely populated square mile cities in the country. They just like to bitch. They're just testy because the yuppie fern bars are closed. That said, this was a record hurricane. I'm sure they'll be helped, and fed, and complain about the food.

:lol: I do feel for them though... no electricity. it's gotta be rough at night... being so TOTALLY IN THE DARK.

now they know what it's like to be joe biden...

HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) - National Guard troops delivered food and water to residents in this heavily flooded city across from Manhattan on Wednesday as officials sent out a plea for more supplies, including boats and generators.

Superstorm Sandy sent the raging Hudson River waters from one side of the one-square-mile city to the other Monday. Two days later, at least 25 percent of the community was flooded and 90 percent was without power, leaving many residents increasingly anxious and municipal leaders struggling to get assistance to all those who need it.

Tempers flared Wednesday at a staging area outside City Hall, where a man screamed at emergency officials about why food and water had not been delivered to residents just a few blocks away. The man, who would not give his name, said he blew up an air mattress to float over to the staging area.

You know what my response would be to that asswipe? "You had 5 days warning... why in the hell didn't you get off your fat ass and stock up??? It's only been 2 days for crying out loud.

"The dimension and scope of this situation is enormous," Public Safety Director Jon Tooke said. "You have emergency operations at all levels - from local to federal - spread too thin across the city and the state, but we're working on it."

Tooke said the estimated 20,000 people still stranded in their homes were being encouraged to shelter in place, and that high-water vehicles would get supplies to them. He said people with medical and other special needs were being taken out by trucks. Two churches were serving as shelters.

If you think about this storm it's really much worse than Katrina. We had 20K people in New Orleans that did not evacuate--and now we are in the millions in New Jersey and New York that are without power--meaning no water nor food with still a lot of flooding around.

And as we witnessed with Katrina--if the Federal Government doesn't show up with a ppj--chips and water the next day--people are going to get very angry.

If you think about this storm it's really much worse than Katrina. We had 20K people in New Orleans that did not evacuate--and now we are in the millions in New Jersey and New York that are without power--meaning no water nor food with still a lot of flooding around.

And as we witnessed with Katrina--if the Federal Government doesn't show up with a ppj--chips and water the next day--people are going to get very angry.
Should have been prepared.

I think you'd have to be pretty damn stupid to run out of food two days after a storm hits that has been predicted for nearly a week.

Forum List

Back