food shortage in jersey

Don't be pissed off at the red cross or the government, people should have been prepared better. STOP FUCKING DEPENDING ON OTHERS TO TAKE CARE OF YOU WHEN SHIT HITS THE FAN

You're clearly too fucking stupid to know the level of cooperation required to live in a large urban area.

Don't be pissed off at the red cross or the government, people should have been prepared better. STOP FUCKING DEPENDING ON OTHERS TO TAKE CARE OF YOU WHEN SHIT HITS THE FAN

You're clearly too fucking stupid to know the level of cooperation required to live in a large urban area.
Clearly, you're too fucking stupid to understand the Boy Scout motto.

I guess maybe the Red Cross should STFU about romney getting food donated.

HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) - National Guard troops delivered food and water to residents in this heavily flooded city across from Manhattan on Wednesday as officials sent out a plea for more supplies, including boats and generators.

Superstorm Sandy sent the raging Hudson River waters from one side of the one-square-mile city to the other Monday. Two days later, at least 25 percent of the community was flooded and 90 percent was without power, leaving many residents increasingly anxious and municipal leaders struggling to get assistance to all those who need it.

Tempers flared Wednesday at a staging area outside City Hall, where a man screamed at emergency officials about why food and water had not been delivered to residents just a few blocks away. The man, who would not give his name, said he blew up an air mattress to float over to the staging area.

City officials defended their response.

You know what my response would be to that asswipe? "You had 5 days warning... why in the hell didn't you get off your fat ass and stock up??? It's only been 2 days for crying out loud.

"The dimension and scope of this situation is enormous," Public Safety Director Jon Tooke said. "You have emergency operations at all levels - from local to federal - spread too thin across the city and the state, but we're working on it."

Tooke said the estimated 20,000 people still stranded in their homes were being encouraged to shelter in place, and that high-water vehicles would get supplies to them. He said people with medical and other special needs were being taken out by trucks. Two churches were serving as shelters.

Tempers Flare as Food Runs Short in Hoboken, N.J. - SKYE on AOL

If you think about this storm it's really much worse than Katrina. We had 20K people in New Orleans that did not evacuate--and now we are in the millions in New Jersey and New York that are without power--meaning no water nor food with still a lot of flooding around.

And as we witnessed with Katrina--if the Federal Government doesn't show up with a ppj--chips and water the next day--people are going to get very angry.

Luckily it didn't have the Katrina sock. Yet it is the largest hurricane recorded.

Really are you saying people are too stupid too store of some food and water if shit hits the fan?

And what might that be... Holding someone's place in line at Social Services?

It's a mile square city, with about 50,000 inhabitants, one supermarket, and reliant on mass transit. I'd bet that the supermarket had its shelves stripped long before the storm hit.

It's a mile square city, with about 50,000 inhabitants, one supermarket, and reliant on mass transit. I'd bet that the supermarket had its shelves stripped long before the storm hit.
Who said anything about supermarkets being open or mass transit being available after a monster storm like this?

I was right...You're too fucking stupid to understand what "be prepared" means.

Dude wake up and smell the coffee. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to go to the nearest city and buy some bulk food.

The Mormon cannery has a good supply and is on the cheap side.

Who said anything about supermarkets being open or mass transit being available after a monster storm like this?

The scary thing about it, there's more just like him.

So I was right, you're just a survivalist loon, who thinks everyone should have months worth of food and water stowed, in case the big one hits. Do you know the cost of rent in Hoboken???? BTW, I hope the wingnut loons, who stowed away their survival stuff in underground shelters, to "be prepared", now realize how stupid they were.

Christie reminded people over and over that it was a mandatory evacuation. There are always those who don't listen and refuse to leave. Now they are in some places that are hard to get to and it's not fair for already overworked rescue workers to have to risk going after those who couldn't listen.

When people don't go along with the plan the city has, they just make a bad situation worse.

Dude wake up and smell the coffee. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to go to the nearest city and buy some bulk food.

You didn't even need to do that...Those assholes knew for damn near a week that a once-in-a-lifetime storm was coming their way...Plenty of time to hit the local stores for some provisions to carry them through...Now they have the nerve to squeal about how nobody is coming to bail them out less than 48 hours later.

I weep for my country.

I see that Harrison kid left BYU and is now playing for Clemson

So I was right, you're just a survivalist loon, who thinks everyone should have months worth of food and water stowed, in case the big one hits. Do you know the cost of rent in Hoboken???? BTW, I hope the wingnut loons, who stowed away their survival stuff in underground shelters, to "be prepared", now realize how stupid they were.
You don't need to be a survivalist loon to spend a few bucks and stock up on some basics, when you know for a week in advance that an immense goddamn storm is coming your way.

You're too fucking stupid for words...May Darwin one day have his way with you.

Forum List

Back