Food Products That I Would Not Have in the House If...........

Don't be talking shit about ketchup. We take that condiment very seriously in my region.
Oh boy! Militant Ketchup advocates. Who knew??

Don't mess with The Heinz Horde. lol
wiener dog heinz commercial - - Yahoo Video Search Results

Beyond adorable. Love that commercial.
A Chinese acquaintance of mine has a "wiener dog". While explaining to him what I meant, I showed him that commercial. He was overwhelmed with laughter.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Don't be talking shit about ketchup. We take that condiment very seriously in my region.
I put that shit on everything. Heinz only though. Not that Catsup garbage.

I am from Pittsburgh. Using Hunt's could get one disowned here. :lol:

Is it odd that when I think of Pittsburgh and food for some reason I think of pirogies?

Not at all. Many people in this area have a Polish background, myself included. I grew up on numerous Polish dishes. It's my family's comfort food.

Ketchup is for kids?.....cant see dipping fries in Salsa.....but then maybe thats just me...
Don't eat fries, don't need ketchup. That being said, I make my own and there is no sugar or corn syrup involved. I use apples to make my ketchup sweet. I also make my own mayonnaise. Plain yellow mustard is usually OK. Red meat is a yes, fatty cold cuts and ground meat, not so much. I do appreciate a good pico de gallo, though.
you can use ketchup for more things than just fries.....but patriot says ketchup is for kids....

I found some stuff at Walmart that is an absolutely awesome condiment, it is sriracha mayonnaise.

iipsrv.fcgi

I refuse to shop at Walmart, I'd rather pay more somewhere else.

I put that shit on everything. Heinz only though. Not that Catsup garbage.

I am from Pittsburgh. Using Hunt's could get one disowned here. :lol:

Is it odd that when I think of Pittsburgh and food for some reason I think of pirogies?

Not at all. Many people in this area have a Polish background, myself included. I grew up on numerous Polish dishes. It's my family's comfort food.
Guess it's genetic. I am also Polish.

IMG_0737.JPG

This was a couple weeks ago of a bunch of us making perogies at the cabin. Cheers!

I do not have GMO's in my house (Genetically Modified )

Not consciously...I avoid those as the plague....I haven't eaten corn for ages because all the corn is GMO....I try to chose fruit and vegetables that are not GMO....at least I try.

I drink only soy milk and I buy the brand its says it's not GMO.

Food that I would not have in the house if it were not for my wife

Everyone who has ever lived with another person knows that, all else aside, you can never totally be on the same page when it comes to food. In the case of my wife and I, the differences are relatively minor. Generally, I like dished to be more spicy than she does, but that is easily adjusted at the table.

However, there a some food product that she must have that quite frankly, I just don't see the point in. Two come to mind:

Ketchup

Now I don't hate ketchup. I just don't see the point of it when there is Salsa in the world. Ketchup is for kids. Salsa is for grownups and there a so many great kinds!!

Boxed Chicken Noodle Soup

I make some great homemade soups out of whatever is in the house. Broth from cooking vegetables and beans, the vegetables and beans themselves, whole wheat pasta and brown rice. Tomatoes, zucchini , you name it. It becomes a minestrone , Italian wedding soup, or a bean soup. My wife thinks they are good too and there are often leftovers. Yet for some reason that I will never understand, she will on occasion, cook up this boxed soup for lunch consisting of mostly white flour, salt and artificial colors and flavors. Go figure.

Now, to give here equal time, there are a couple of things that I stock for myself that she won't go near and would not buy

Tofurky Italian Sausage and Deli "Meats"

Mind you, she is by no means adverse to meat substitute products. We regularly have meatless meat balls, burger, faux pepperoni, and more. So it is especially odd that she wants nothing to do with Tofurky. Oh well.

Hot Sauces

I have the whole collection. Chipotle, Chili Habanero, Sweet and Spicy, Chili Garlic and more. Good even on eggs! Not for her though

Foods that neither of us will have in the house

Donuts

Marshmallows

Soda

Red Meat

Any one care to share??

You have a wife? What is his name?

:rofl:

I found some stuff at Walmart that is an absolutely awesome condiment, it is sriracha mayonnaise.

iipsrv.fcgi

I refuse to shop at Walmart, I'd rather pay more somewhere else.

Well where I live you can shop for food at IGA, Save-a-lot, or Walmart... and IGA and Save-a-lot has no selection at all.

I'd go without, no way do I shop there. They are killing the mom and pops.

That's easy to say when it isn't really an option you have to deal with. :laugh:

Forum List

Back